Turn on thread page Beta

Help choosing options, what to do next? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, i've asked before but then i thought of more things that i want to know about, so id really appreciate any help.
    I'm certain that i want to be a social worker when i am older and i'm taking a Health and Social Care Level 3 Extended Diploma in college in September, will this enable me to go onto University on a social work degree?
    Also, do i have to go to University to become a social worker?
    And will there be any chance of me getting any work placements (even if voluntary) because im 16 and i think especially in the aspects of social work, most places won't even look at my CV until i'm a certain age.
    Thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    Did a five second google search and found this http://www.cwdcouncil.org.uk/social-...-worker/routes hope it helps looks like you would need a degree.x

ReputationRep:
    I've just been doing some research on the UCAS website and and entry requirments for a couple have to be a course child related, whereas i'm taking Health and Social Care. http://search.ucas.com/cgi-bin/hsrun...un?n=1017969#3 is this true? :/ should i be taking a course on child care or health and social?

ReputationRep:
    As a child i was in social care and it was a very rough environment. I hope you do better than all the ***** that i had as social workers and please don't fall into the trap of child abuse. It is very mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethRosee)
    I've just been doing some research on the UCAS website and and entry requirments for a couple have to be a course child related, whereas i'm taking Health and Social Care. http://search.ucas.com/cgi-bin/hsrun...un?n=1017969#3 is this true? :/ should i be taking a course on child care or health and social?
    You should email the admissions department of the universities you like the look of and see if they think they would accept you with what you are currently studying (grades providing)

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.