Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I currently work in the Staff Canteen at £6.81 a hour, 32 contract hours a week with tuesday and wednesday of and my partner also works in Tescos on Dairy for the same but does 28 hours monday to friday.

We've been approached to switch to nights with hopefully same shifts Sunday to Thursday. Does anyone on nights know the new pay now as we've all just had pay rises? I've also applied for Team Leader in the canteen which I find out about this week but have a feeling that this other lady will get it who will be a nightmare to work with so this might just be what I need to do but I have a few things to consider etc.

The night shifts will be 30 hours a week I beleive so I loose a couple of hours but will make that up I'm guessing with night premium whatever that is! Just tryin to get the best information together to make the best choice! Thanks anyone who can help :] xx

ReputationRep:
    isnt it £2 night premium?

you need to ask your manager really tbh, everyone is being moved around the business recently!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    urgh nights. sainsburys pays £1.50 premium on top of whatever it is so i'd expect at least that! how long are your shifts? cos i think 5 nights a week, working at night, is not great.

ReputationRep:
    I hate working the night shift!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.