Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much does an average uni student in London earn through part time jobs? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What's the most someone would earn on average. I'll be living in UCL accomodations, if that helps giving opinions.

ReputationRep:
    around £300 per month but depends where you work, in the west end obviously a lot more than working around london. Also the city is also has a good salary as they're opening westfield there (if you are going into retail)

ReputationRep:
    Not much considering it's london.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say £400 per month plus.

I currently live in London, gap year working 20 hours and earn a reasonable amount to get me through, but the guys who are at uni at my workplace earn £480 a month for 14 hours a week. Retail btw.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, that's like £16 per day.. How am I going to pay 250+ for accomodations per week :eek4:.

ReputationRep:
    Anything other than retail?

ReputationRep:
    I earn 500 per month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Scout.)
    I earn 500 per month.
    What do you do? Hours etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool story bro)
    What do you do? Hours etc...
    I work in a Waitrose in cenrtal London. Base pay rate is 7.04 an hour...but we get time and a half on Sundays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gunmetalpanda)
    Erm, that's like £16 per day.. How am I going to pay 250+ for accomodations per week :eek4:.
    You don't. You go for budget accommodation :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilangel890)
    You don't. You go for budget accommodation :/
    But they don't have ensuite bathrooms. How much do they cost per week anyway? Does UCL provide them? Or the intercollegiate halls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    Not much considering it's london.
    What do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool story bro)
    What do you mean?
    Expenses are so high that any normal part time job will earn you peanuts in comparison

ReputationRep:
    I earn about £200 a month, not much but I'm living at home atm. I only work two days a week too.

ReputationRep:
    I work one Saturday a week at £7.85 an hour making about £260 a month.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.