Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone tried it, or know if its worth it?
    Have read some reviews on Boots but they are really really mixed! So wondering if anyones actually tried it...

I have dark blonde hair, if that makes a difference

ReputationRep:
    My friend used it, and she went BLONDE!
    Depends on your hair type, can't you do a little test streak?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I have, you have to be careful lol. I put it in gradually, e.g. not a lot at a time and over several days and it worked really well but it takes very quickly so be cautious - my bf used loads and his hair went orange and I mean like bright orange. Not cool.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies Think I'll give it a go!

ReputationRep:
    Don't do itttttttttttttt! I did it when I was 13 and it took me YEARS to get the crap out of my hair!xx

ReputationRep:
    Lemon juice or saltwater & sitting in the sun is the best way.

ReputationRep:
    My friend used it, her hair is still straw like, about 10 years later!! Don't do it!!!

ReputationRep:
    Definitely don't do it. It was fine on the bits of my hair that were already blonde, in all fairness, but the brown bits went a funny brown/ginger colour...not good. Just expose your hair to the sun without putting this in and it'll lighten on its own.

ReputationRep:
    My sister used it and combined with her straightening her hair half of it broke off and she had tufts of hair randomly, her best friends mum is a hairdresser and she was horrified. DONT DO IT.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.