Turn on thread page Beta

Dilemma... watch

Announcements

Its a friends birthday tonight at a student union (maybe more of a friend of a friend) and i'm supposed to be going but I have a portfolio check the next again morning and my tutor is a nightmare, i stay quite far from the uni so i'm supposed to be staying at a friends flat but i know that if i go out i'll have to drink loads, especially as we're supposed to be predrinking at his as well. I also have a double date after the portfolio check...Loads of stuff is going on and i'm really not sure what to do.

I feel bad if i let down my friend because i've told him i'm definitely going, its his last night out before he goes back to France for a couple of weeks. At the same time though i know that if i'm not prepared for this portfolio it could be a bad mark against me for uni...
    theres also a guy going that i don't really want to see...

anyone able to give me some advice on this?

(sorry if the grammar is bad, i've wrote this in a hurry)

ReputationRep:
    Well you better had get on with this portfolio then, hadn't you!

ReputationRep:
    i didn't even read this. just focus on your work and don't do anything that could damage your degree or studies or whatever. be rational.

ReputationRep:
    You should have thought about your work before making a commitment to your friend, you can't now say "the reason that went badly was because I went out....". You've either got to suck it up, admit to your friend that you left your work til last minute and now can't go to his birthday, or accept that you're going to get a rubbish mark and go get drunk.

ReputationRep:
    is it even worth asking? your studies/future or warm beer for £1.80?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emeritus2011)
    is it even worth asking? Your studies/future or warm beer for £1.80?
    £1.80? goodness, WHERE IS THIS FABLED PLACE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crocodile, M.D.)
    £1.80? goodness, WHERE IS THIS FABLED PLACE?
    If you see you shall find even though it tastes like warm piss :eek::eek:

ReputationRep:
    Pros:
    You wouldn't let your mate down (especially as he's going away)
    You would probably have a good time
    You wouldn't have to see this guy
    Cons:
    It might mess up your portolio check (=bad mark)
    You tutor might get pissed off
    You have a double date the next day (no one likes a hungover date)
    You would let your mate down
    You might have to see this guy
    Well, the cons outweight the pros.... but I guess you have to decide what is most important to you and how much you think you can manage!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2011
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.