Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is the most politically correct thing you've ever heard of? (PC gone mad!) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Baa Baa Black Sheep being changed to Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep.

ReputationRep:
    Midsommer murders being under attack for not having any ethnic minority actors.
    Its ridiculous, the programme is set in a middle class country village, where 99% of people in similar real-life villages will be white. It would be more racist if they put in a token Asian person and a token disabled person just because they want to seem non-racist.

ReputationRep:
    not being able to say english... it has to be british

In Sheffield we have Waterford Place of Learning

With Leader provider of Knowledge, Deputy Leader provider of knowledge

and a few more providers of knowledge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bognor-regis)
    It really does surprise me. Why don't you explain to me why it's so offensive?

Every newsagents/cornershop in my town is owned and run by pakistanis.

So 'paki shop' is just descriptive. It's no different to calling it a cornershop. Or going to get a 'chinaman' (chinese take away).
    I would have said calling a Pakistani man a paki was comparable to calling a black man a ****** and that both are extremely racist.

ReputationRep:
    I have a little story reguarding racism:

When I was 11, I was playing on the field (privately owned) outside my house with a few friends when a guy who is pakistani or something(who was a bully) came along with his mates. First he grabbed the tennis racket I was holding, snapped it in half then threw it at me.
    I yelled a racist comment at him then into my house with my friends.

The next day at school, I was approached by the deputy head (an Indian lady) who called me into her office, she gave me a ton of sh*t about how "racist" I was and how the bully's parents had told the school about the incident.

I tried to give her my side of the story but she wouldn't listen. I now have a record of being racist on my documentation.
    Laws he infringed:
    Trespassing on private property
    Malicious Damage
    Assult

Laws I infringed:
    A single racist remark because I was very p*ssed off.

And yet I now have a mark on my school documents and he got away scott free.

Now thats PC gone too far imo. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucygator)
    Midsommer murders being under attack for not having any ethnic minority actors.
    Its ridiculous, the programme is set in a middle class country village, where 99% of people in similar real-life villages will be white. It would be more racist if they put in a token Asian person and a token disabled person just because they want to seem non-racist.
    Aha! Made me think of South Park:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProFail)
    I would have said calling a Pakistani man a paki was comparable to calling a black man a ****** and that both are extremely racist.
    I understand what you're saying but in school people called a few of the indian kids pakis as a friendly joke all the time (and not maliciously), they certainly didn't find it offensive. And calling a black man the N word is all to do with slavery so of course is offensive.

ReputationRep:
    I remeber hearing someone calling a fat person "mass enhanced" but I think that was just a p*ss take

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by penniroyaltea)
    I remeber hearing someone calling a fat person "mass enhanced" but I think that was just a p*ss take
    i have to use this LOL

TY TY TY TY TY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkphilosopher)

When I was 11, I was playing on the field (privately owned) outside my house with a few friends when a guy who is pakistani or something(who was a bully) came along with his mates. First he grabbed the tennis racket I was holding, snapped it in half then threw it at me.

The next day at school, I was approached by the deputy head (an Indian lady) who called me into her office, she gave me a ton of sh*t about how "racist" I was and how the bully's parents had told the school about the incident.

I tried to give her my side of the story but she wouldn't listen. I now have a record of being racist on my documentation.
    Laws he infringed:
    Malicious Damage
    Assult

Laws I infringed:

not really PC gone too far. racism is always racism. your situation is just grossly unfair. feel for you bro

ReputationRep:
    I remembered that a pokemon had to get changed due to political correctness.

ReputationRep:
    Exam papers are the best, especially Biology ones with genetic diagrams.

Adam and Sarah have a child called Abdul Muqaddim.

It just wouldn't happen!!!!

Also positive discrimination can go **** itself, it's discrimination whether you put a positive on the front or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S129439)
    not really PC gone too far. racism is always racism. your situation is just grossly unfair. feel for you bro
    FOR **** SAKE.

People need to learn the difference between racism and name calling.

If I call a paki a paki, it's no more racist than if I called a frenchman a frog loving baguette eating coward, or if I called someone from Norwich an inbred.

Yet only name calling against minorities is considered wrong.

It's utter bull, and if it's not sorted out, people are going to get more and more resentful until full blown proper racism returns.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkphilosopher)

Laws he infringed:
    Malicious Damage
    Assult

Laws I infringed:

Wow, although tbh I'm not really surprised, schools are hot on that kind of thing.

There's was stuck up Asian girl at my college, you know the type, full of themselves, arrogant and **** and treat the rest of humanity like dirt.

Anyway my friend (another girl) got done in for racism for having an argument with her, and she didn't even use any racist remarks.

Arguing with minorities=racism. It's like Nazism, it really really is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProFail)
    What does "extremely racist" even mean?

Either you judge people based on race, or you don't, you can't be "extremely" or "mildly" racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dean01234)
    not being able to say english... it has to be british
    Since when? Never heard that one.

ReputationRep:
    That TV show with those rastafarian mice voiced by white actors putting on black accents.

:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Great Lord Xenu)
    But political correctness is preferable to all the harmful racial prejudice that came before it, is it not?
    No, restriction of my freedom of speech isn't worth it tbh.

ReputationRep:
    In strongly Catholic Poland the Teletubbies were banned because of Tinky Winky's red handbag due to the suspicion of homosexuality.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.