Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

So I though I would have some luck in my not-so-winning lifestyle.

I have my SHU interview for radiotherapy this Saturday. They want forms filled in by the radiotherapist I was with, but here is the problem :-/

- Placement 1 has had the whole hospital knocked down and I can't find anyone who I was with, my friend can't either!

- Placement 2. The radiotherapist has left and I can't find the bloke for my life. I search him and he is nowhere, my friend can't find him either.

So I just rang up another hospital, and they have told me the head of Oncology unit has taken 2 weeks leave, and to call back on Monday to organise the placement.

I emailed SHU admissions woman, and have no reply, I explained my issue but if I was to read what's happened I wouldn't be suprised If they think it's a bluff :'(

I have no damn proof, all I have is what I wrote down and what I witnessed on placement.

Help (((

ReputationRep:
    any ideas?

Still o reply from the Admissions Tutor =/

ReputationRep:
    Email loads of nearby radiology departments looking for the people?

Tough task to be honest...I'm sure the Admissions Tutot will reply before it's too late, they are probably very busy!

ReputationRep:
    Oh boy, if this true then woah this is awful. Is the Uni close to your home? You could potentially email them the form on a later date once you've got the signatures etc
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    surely the hospital would have contact details, or proof you did w/e there.

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone you worked with? Even if it wasn't a radiographer who can just say you were there and doing whatver you were doing? It's a tough one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gradu)
    Hey!

So I though I would have some luck in my not-so-winning lifestyle.

I have my SHU interview for radiotherapy this Saturday. They want forms filled in by the radiotherapist I was with, but here is the problem :-/

- Placement 1 has had the whole hospital knocked down and I can't find anyone who I was with, my friend can't either!

- Placement 2. The radiotherapist has left and I can't find the bloke for my life. I search him and he is nowhere, my friend can't find him either.

So I just rang up another hospital, and they have told me the head of Oncology unit has taken 2 weeks leave, and to call back on Monday to organise the placement.

I emailed SHU admissions woman, and have no reply, I explained my issue but if I was to read what's happened I wouldn't be suprised If they think it's a bluff :'(

I have no damn proof, all I have is what I wrote down and what I witnessed on placement.

Help (((
    surely you should have a letter from the placement confirming your visit? you could use that to back yourself up if you need some sort of evidence that you attended?
    also on my work experience, I had to sign myself in and out every day so that the hospital had a record of me being there.

ReputationRep:
    Got an email from admission lady. She says to bring it up during iterview and that they can organise an RT experience for their benefit for me. And that the department I visited isn't satisfactory to what they require :-/

Am giving a few hospitals a call in the morning to organise at RT trip for Thursday or Friday, just to get that form filled.

The prev hospital is gone, and the second one was an 1 day visit you see. I just met the gentleman and left at the endd.

My Sheffield interview is going to be hell When I have my City Interview on the 19th atleast i'll be alot better prepared.

ReputationRep:
    Contacted Addenbrooke's and ULC Hospital for a RT placement, but it will be AFTER my interview.

The Admissions tutor told me that if offered a place, I will be put in a RT department if I can't get my own.

Just need a placement before the 19th D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammiejtanner)
    surely you should have a letter from the placement confirming your visit? you could use that to back yourself up if you need some sort of evidence that you attended?
    also on my work experience, I had to sign myself in and out every day so that the hospital had a record of me being there.
    I got a form filled on my placement, but I can't find it -.-

Going for a round 2 look through my folders and stuff!

ReputationRep:
    Interview went AWESOME! Was meant to be short, turned out to be 20-225 mins of real nice chatting and getting to know me. SHU looked fantastic!!

ReputationRep:
    Did you get in at SHU?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 24, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.