The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Im doing Journalism now, a first year i am. I'm finding it alright, interesting=yes a lot of background reading and research=also yes. More work than I expected but yeah its ok so far so good!!
Reply 2
I've applied for Journalism in 2006 too, i've got an interview at staffordshire tomorrow :eek: where have you applied to?
Reply 3
I have an unconditional offer for journalism at JMU next year :biggrin: can't wait, I've always wanted to be a journalist for some bizarre reason, and the JMU course sounds really interesting! good luck with your choices
Reply 4
I've applied for Journalism, had offers from Salford and Chester so far. I have an interview and NCTJ entry test in a few weeks for Edge Hill and I had to do some written tasks for LJMU so im still awaiting a response.

Im really hoping for Sheffield, but they arnt making offers until Feb,and I havent heard anything from Preston (uclan) yet.
Reply 5
Hey!

Im looking to apply for some Journalism courses, well Ive applied at University of Sheffield (Buts it tough to get in), Huddersfield for Media/Sports Journalism, Lancashire's Uni, and Leeds Trinity.

BTW, Ive always seen myself as a theory person, e.g Im good at paperwork side of things, are the Uni's Ive chosen, will they be good for my style?

Also, is there a mix of practical? What practical work would you do?
Reply 6
I applied for Journalism at Leeds TASC.
Reply 7
^Yeah Ive applied there also. I sended off my UCAS App last week, do you know when you start to get replies?

I wouldnt mind going on this course, looks good. Are you going to be living in halls are do you live nearby?
Reply 8
Replies can come in at any time - but I got a letter from Sheffield saying they don't start making offers until Feb, so that they have all appications in before hand.
Reply 9
I've applied to do Media and Print Journalism at Huddersfield. I deferred my application last year, so I have a confirmed place for September now. Can't wait to start there now!

Latest

Trending

Trending