Welcome to my joke.
    lulz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Welcome to my joke.
    Ditto.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Great_One)
    I dont think thats true because every time scientists try and disprove god they become a step closer to proving that he exists and they even say that himself. Maybe not the god of the bible but deffinetely intelligent design...some scientists have even been converted to religion from trying to disprove god.
    What utter rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    So? It's not like the wheel will need to be reinvented...don't worry, the zealots have no intention of letting themselves die out!

I might be bothered if it was some obscure religion on some obscure island, but the word 'extinction' is dealt out with a pretty heavy hand

ReputationRep:
    pigs may fly

I may turn into a bear

sleep may actually be the cousin of death

yawn; quote me when something conclusive is said

ReputationRep:
    also why the **** is money being spent on this; TSR would have told you as much

ReputationRep:
    Can't come fast enough in my opinion - religion has absolutely no place whatsoever in a developed country.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think thats true because every time scientists try and disprove god they become a step closer to proving that he exists and they even say that himself. Maybe not the god of the bible but deffinetely intelligent design...some scientists have even been converted to religion from trying to disprove god.
    Wow you're getting off with this one buddy. Normaly on here is someone makes such as stupid post TSR is mericless and attacks the poster. Infact normally there is one poster so mad he would actually murder you for said post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Left Hand Drive)
    Wow you're getting off with this one buddy. Normaly on here is someone makes such as stupid post TSR is mericless and attacks the poster. Infact normally there is one poster so mad he would actually murder you for said post.
    Because im right. a grain of rice has more genes then a human body.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Left Hand Drive)
    Heh. I was pissed and I got negged twice for saying so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BradP)
    The sooner the better

it's funny cos it's true.

ReputationRep:
    God is dead.

Although the idea that Ireland might become irreligious is stupid to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajp100688)
    God is dead.

Although the idea that Ireland might become irreligious is stupid to say the least.
    It will at some point, just a matter of when, not if.

ReputationRep:
    NO. Only on the grounds that I cannot take anybody named Dr Wiener seriously at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    It will at some point, just a matter of when, not if.
    Well, that's the height of stupidity right there.

Because im right. a grain of rice has more genes then a human body.
    The importance of that being what exactly?

ReputationRep:
    Really come on, it's likely that there will be at least a few people who follow religion in those countries for the foreseable future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProFail)
    Can't come fast enough in my opinion - religion has absolutely no place whatsoever in a developed country.
    And what of intolerance?

(Original post by PendulumBoB)
    And what of intolerance?
    Intolerance isnt automatically a bad thing, it depends what you are intollerant of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    The interpretation of the data is flawed. Saying one is not affiliated to a religion does not mean that religion is heading towards extinction. Many people are religious, etc. but for social reasons dislike admitting to this, even on anonymous surveys and so choose "unaffiliated", it's very common in Northern Ireland, for example.
    The opposite is also often true. In the UK in general it's pretty clear that a lot of people claim an affiliation to a religion even though they're not in any way religious.

I'd imagine in Northern Ireland many people choose to associate with a religion based on their political opinions. Likewise I'd guess some people don't associate with a religion because they want to stay out of the politics associated with it. I'm just guessing though.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.