Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone signed up to this? For those who don't know it categorises your spending so you can see where you spend the most money. I've just got it and it's actually been quite a shock and I'm now wondering what I actually spend money on. My highest category was 'uncategorised' :eek: with a total of...

Spoiler:
    Show
    £642.78 :eek3:

Any tips to avoid buying random crap?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've got it, I think it's excellent, pissed off at how much I'm spending on fuel though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    Yeah I've got it, I think it's excellent, pissed off at how much I'm spending on fuel though.
    Yeah it's really interesting. Me too with the petrol, although it wasn't as bad as 'uncategorised'! What was your highest category?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -honeybee-)
    Yeah it's really interesting. Me too with the petrol, although it wasn't as bad as 'uncategorised'! What was your highest category?
    Entertainment & Leisure/Groceries pretty much the highest and same. You?

ReputationRep:
    I thought we got it automatically. I've been waiting lol. I'll sign up now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rylit91)
    I thought we got it automatically. I've been waiting lol. I'll sign up now...
    Na you have to sign up mate. They normally sort it out in 24 hours for you

ReputationRep:
    Haha my highest category was 'Uncategorised' too.. Lol, although it was slightly lower than yours at around £460. I think it's really good though, because it has made me more aware of where my money actually goes now!! I've realised that I constantly take money out of ATMs and spend it soo recklessly.

Oo and on my February one I was way over the average on the entertainment category. Oops!!

ReputationRep:
    You can categorise and define the uncategorised so in future it will put it in the right place you know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    Entertainment & Leisure/Groceries pretty much the highest and same. You?
    My highest was uncategorised :eek:, then entertainment and leisure, then petrol, can't remember the rest. I only really got it to see what it was like/for the pie chart but it's actually quite useful but shocking. I think it would be good for people who waste money/people who are in debt etc.

ReputationRep:
    You should also check out the 'spending log' iphone app, same thing but better, and mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.