Israel Watch

This discussion is closed.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Ok then. So what if the Aboriginal population decided to try and get rid of anyone who isn't of indigenous heritage?
There have been cases of reclaiming of land have there not. Especially in New Zealand with the maoris.
But i think the point is the more recent nature of the israel - palestine problem, and the interfering of the US, Britain and France.
J
jammyd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
Jews don't come into this arguement in my mind.
This is about zionism, which i don't agree with.
J
Spot on, its just a shame that some people think that if you are oppsosed to the state of Israel you are automatically opposed to Jews.
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
Spot on, its just a shame that some people think that if you are oppsosed to the state of Israel you are automatically opposed to Jews.
That's not what I was thinking. The only reason I brought Jews up is because he said "Jew hating Iranians."
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
And why don't you agree with zionism?
Let's suppouse this gemgems89 please:

I create a religion named XPY, a lot of people are interested and follow the religion. Someday an insane country start to kill us, so we decide to invade another country, kill the native people, deport them to other places and rename the country XPYLand.

Do you think that this is right?
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)

I create a religion named XPY, a lot of people are interested and follow the religion. Someday an insane country start to kill us, so we decide to invade another country, kill the native people, deport them to other places and rename the country XPYLand.

Do you think this is right?
But is Israel called Jewland? Israel doesn't only accept Jews. Havn't you noticed the Muslims and Christians that live there too?
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Do you think that this is right?
...and skim that country, whos leader happened to be insane, of reparations. Blame them at every opportunity and exploit the events that took place. Its all wrong!
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
But is Israel called Jewland? Israel doesn't only accept Jews.

Then why are you so defensive of Israel, when you know its wrong?!
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
But is Israel called Jewland? Israel doesn't only accept Jews. Havn't you noticed the Muslims and Christians that live there too?
Are you really answering this with Jewland? Please tell that it was a joke ...

So, the invasion, killing and deporting is fine while you don't change the name to Jewland ... interesting ...
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
...and skim that country, whos leader happened to be insane, of reparations. Blame them at every opportunity and exploit the events that took place. Its all wrong!
Why is it wrong for Jews to be able to go to a country without getting anti-semitism?
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why is it wrong for Jews to be able to go to a country without getting anti-semitism?
Do you think that if they just simply went to a country they would have been able to change the name of it?

They went, they invaded, they killed, they deported and then they changed the name. Also for your information there are Israeli terrorist organizations too, and in 194x there were a lot.
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Havn't you noticed the Muslims and Christians that live there too?
Yes...i have noticed that. Those happen to be the indigenous people who have no rights. Remember the siege of Nativity Church, no respect for any other religion!

Also,i posted this before so take it into consideration... Israel grants automatic citzenship to all those that prove that theyre jweish and denies it to those that are not. It also expells settlers on the bases of race and religion.
Jamie
Report 14 years ago
So why did you put "Jew hating Iranians" if Jews don't come into this arguement?

And why don't you agree with zionism?
A racist Iranian (not saying Iranians are especially racist, this was of course originally about the earthquake) would see a Jew, not an Israeli, because the countries in the middle east are starting to be indoctrinated into thinking there is no distinction. In my mind there is a clear distinction, and so why I think 'jew' should not figure in the argument.
And i don't like zionism because it represents something almost Nazi German. (bear with me here) Nastyness aside, one of the things the Nazis harped on about was living space for their masterrace. Israel has gone down a similar route. The original Jewish inhabitants of Israel (who had co-existed happily with the arabian inhabitants) were never the cause of the conflict. The problems occured when rich zionists arrived from abroad and founded businesses, bought up land and started driving the arabians out. THis of course led to retaliations and growing militancy on each side, an arms race of sorts which has led to hi-tech israel vs low-tech palestine.
Interject into this a few wars, namely when Egypt and co invaded Israel. At one point Israel looked like it would fall, but it won out in the end and took much land from each country (i think it has since given back some of it, but still holds much like the precious golan heights.)
Basically, look at a map and see how much Israel has grown since it was founded (border wise). Then look at the immigration figures. The native palestinians are pushed out in order to make space for Zionists from just about everywhere in the world.

Im sure there view of these newcomers is a heightened version that us country dwellers do of the commuters all buying up the local houses.
Not much
J
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Going to a country is different to occupying it and killing its people..
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Are you really answering this with Jewland? Please tell that it was a joke ...

So, the invasions, killing and deporting is fine while you don't change the name to Jewland ... interesting ...
Well actually, you are implying that Israel is just for Jews, and it's not.

As for the killing etc, how do you work out that we invaded?
Jamie
Report 14 years ago
Do you think that if they just simply went to a country they would have been able to change the name of it?

They went, they invaded, they killed, they deported and then they changed the name. Also for your information there are Israeli terrorist organizations too, and in 194x there were a lot.
basically why Britain allowed israel. All over the world the empire was rebelling against us, and we short sightedly (and quite slefishly) decided it would be best to simply clean our hands of it all.
Result?
Israel - Palestine
India - Pakistan
Zimbabwe
J
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hmm, there wasn't any killing, just mass deportation of Palestinians.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
But Jews havn't killed people!
ddan
Report 14 years ago

israel is for any and any religgions.and israel didnt invade no one to make ir there homeland what dou kno any way hav u learnt about it
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Of course it isn't. But it is the "Jewish homeland" so invariably there will be some xenophobia within.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Yes it is, and is a fact, they invaded that country and killed a lot of people. And they are still doing it.

I don't remember who already said in this thread who the last intifada started, with the killing of a boy in his father arms. A father without any weapon, standing in front of his child and being massacred the both.

That's killing.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (57)
19.39%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
40.48%
Nope, not that interesting (118)
40.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise