This discussion is closed.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
Let's suppouse this gemgems89 please:

I create a religion named XPY, a lot of people are interested and follow the religion. Someday an insane country start to kill us, so we decide to invade another country, kill the native people, deport them to other places and rename the country XPYLand.

Do you think that this is right?
Read my post, they didnt really invade, there already were lots of Jews there, it was when the zionist all emigrated to there that problems occured. It's more like blowing up a balloon in a bath - the water (palestinians) are gradually pushed away by the increasing amount of air (zionists) accumulating in the balloon (israel)
J
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Hmm, there wasn't any killing, just mass deportation of Palestinians.
"just"
That's what Pol Pot said
J
EI_123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
basically why Britain allowed israel. All over the world the empire was rebelling against us, and we short sightedly (and quite slefishly) decided it would be best to simply clean our hands of it all.
Result?
Israel - Palestine
India - Pakistan
Zimbabwe
J
I know but if I say this all the forum will send me to hell...
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Read my post, they didnt really invade, there already were lots of Jews there, it was when the zionist all emigrated to there that problems occured. It's more like blowing up a balloon in a bath - the water (palestinians) are gradually pushed away by the increasing amount of air (zionists) accumulating in the balloon (israel)
J
tut tut tut...a camrbidge boy using the wrong term form immigrating!
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
J
Yeah, and then the UN thought it'd be best to physically separate the two sides. It isn't surprising that the Palestinians would have been angry to have their land taken off them, but that doesn't justify the terrorism that goes on today.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah, and then the UN thought it'd be best to physically separate the two sides. It isn't surprising that the Palestinians would have been angry to have their land taken off them, but that doesn't justify the terrorism that goes on today.
I think it does perfectly.

What would you do if someone take your land away from you? ...
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hmm, there wasn't any killing, just mass deportation of Palestinians.
And when they refuse to be deported? Believe me there was killing...actually you dont have to believe me...there was killing.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)

I agree, and I don't know why but your avatar seems familiar to me
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Terrorism terrorism!! What justified the terrorism of the Zionists, with the King David bombings and other things?!
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think it does perfectly
So you support the Palestinians?

Demonstrations are one thing, but suicide bombing a bus is totally different and way over the top.

I understand, unlike some people (and I have to use Gems as my example here, I'm sorry), that the Israelis actually took the land off the Palestinians in the first place. But what makes it even more complex is that two thousand years ago the Palestinians' ancestors took the land off the Jews, so who should really lay claim to the land?

The UN came up with what it believed was the solution back in 1947, and both sides should stick to it for their own good.
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I agree, and I don't know why but your avatar seems familiar to me
The hammer and sickle...! Ever thought of checking your avatar?
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
really, explain, cause i never did understand this properly. I thought Emigrate is to go to a country, whereas Immigrate is to come into a country
J
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Demonstrations are one thing, but suicide bombing a bus is totally different and way over the top.

I understand, unlike some people (and I have to use Gems as my example here, I'm sorry), that the Israelis actually took the land off the Palestinians in the first place. But what makes it even more complex is that two thousand years ago the Palestinians' ancestors took the land off the Jews, so who should really lay claim to the land?

The UN came up with what it believed was the solution back in 1947, and both sides should stick to it for their own good.
I support the opressed of the world, of course.
That story about thousand years ago is really hard to prove and what happened 'yesterday' isn't.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
really, explain, cause i never did understand this properly. I thought Emigrate is to go to a country, whereas Immigrate is to come into a country
J
That's right.

You say people emigrate to Israel, which means move from this country to Israel.

Or they immigrate from Israel, which means move from Israel to here.

Or they migrate from France to Israel, which means moving towards to two.
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
God no. I just get annoyed by the refusal of people to accept any Israeli liability.
The onus should always be on the developed country to lead the way.
J
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I support the opressed of the world, of course.
That story about thousand years ago is really hard to prove and what happened 'yesterday' isn't.
Why else would the Jews lay claim to Israel claiming it is their homeland?

Why else would they have a 2500 year-old wall there as the remains of a temple destroyed by the Palestinians?
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Remember, Israel was extablished via terrorism and people bypassed their actions. Liberating the land through terrorism should really not be an issue...and remember its doing the job!
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Why else would they have a 2500 year-old wall there as the remains of a temple destroyed by the Palestinians?
im sorry what wall was destroyed by Palestinians? Are you now making things up? or is gemgems89 holding you by the scruff of the neck?
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
God no. I just get annoyed by the refusal of people to accept any Israeli liability.
The onus should always be on the developed country to lead the way.
J
That's a point actually. I do get frustrated talking to people who seem only one sided, even if I agree with them. People who say "I have evaluated the evidence myself and this is the truth". Then I feel an urge to take the opposite side even if I don't agree with it, just to show them that there is another side to the argument.

Also there are people who say "Israel wants peace now. The Palestinians don't. This means the Israelis are in the right" while totally dismissing history as irrelevant. To decide who you support as being morally "right" you need to look a lot deeper than just that.

And maybe Israel should lead the way, but not with these terrorist groups who are fighting on the "Palestinian" side.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

That's a concept of the 19th century and is the offical history.
I don't buy it, the history is written by the winners, specially the closer one and the more distant.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads