This discussion is closed.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
im sorry what wall was destroyed by Palestinians? Are you know making things up ? or has gemgems89 holding you by the scruff of the neck?
Not the Palestinians, just their ancestors I believe. Well it was the Babylonians I think, who may or may not be associated with them.

But still, having the remains of a temple there is concrete (or at least stone) proof that the land was once occupied by the Jews and is extremely important to them.

And whenever I talk with Gems about this it normally turns into a debate.
EI_123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Not the Palestinians, just their ancestors I believe. Well it was the Babylonians I think, who may or may not be associated with them.

But still, having the remains of a temple there is concrete (or at least stone) proof that the land was once occupied by the Jews and is extremely important to them.

If that would be proven true, congratulations, I hope that the humanity have learnt something from 2.000 years to the present.

But no, they are acting the same way. I can't support them.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
That's a concept of the 19th century and is the offical history.
I don't buy it, the history is written by the winners, specially the closer one and the more distant.
So if the Jews wanted a homeland of their own after been spread out across the world for a thousand or more years, where do you suggest they create it?

Take an uninhabited Pacific island on a first-come-first-serve basis?
ddan
Report 16 years ago

the wall is the lasy bit of the temple that is left and it is the most important thing to the jewish people in israel
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Well there is the Nativity Church, which obviously means a lot to the indigenous Christian Palestinians and the Aqsa Mosque which means a lot to the muslims... now no one is saying jews shouldnt visit there or live there its just their actions and their conduct cant be condoned. Not all jews of course...those that are zionists. And believe it or not many jews actually oppose the state of Israel!
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
So if the Jews wanted a homeland of their own after been spread out across the world for a thousand or more years, where do you suggest they create it?

Take an uninhabited Pacific island on a first-come-first-serve basis?
That would be better than invading and killing,yes.
ddan
Report 16 years ago
Well there is the Nativity Church, which obviously means a lot to the indigenous Christian Palestinians and the Aqsa Mosque which means a lot to the muslims... now no one is saying jews shouldnt visit there or live there its just their actions and their conduct cant be condoned. Not all jews of course...those that are zionists. And believe it or not many jews actually oppose the state of Israel!
well i dont beleive at
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ddan)
the wall is the lasy bit of the temple that is left and it is the most important thing to the jewish people in israel
Precisely,

I'm saying that if the Jews don't have a claim to the land we know as Israel, what land do they have a claim to if they want a safe place to take refuge from the anti-semitism?

And the West Wall is my argument.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
They didn't invade though. They just all ended up following the Zionist Jews to Israel and there were so many that the Palestinians didn't like it. So when the UN said which land they should have, obviously they took it by force when the Palestinians had a problem.
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Why don't you understand that nobody was killed or invaded to get Israel?

It was an agreement. The Jews were given the land of Israel in the Balfour Declaration!
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
They didn't invade though. They just all ended up following the Zionist Jews to Israel and there were so many that the Palestinians didn't like it. So when the UN said which land they should have, obviously they took it by force when the Palestinians had a problem.
That's all that I need to support them, they took it by force.
Do I need anymore? Nope.

And the UN was the main instrument of the established power since the WW2 until a couple of months.

I think I've made my point, you helped me I must admit it, and I'm going home because my work day is over.

So, have a nice day.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That's all that I need to support them, they took it by force.
Do I need anymore? Nope.

And the UN was the main instrument of the established power since the WW2 until a couple of months.

I think I've made my point, you helped me I must admit it, and I'm going home because my work day is over.

So, have a nice day.
Perhaps,

but how does that justify the terrorism that goes on today?
s.ahmad3
Report 16 years ago
the palestinians never took the land from the jews 2500 years ago. the land was initially held by cananites (earliest known inhabitants of the region). Jews were promised this land by god if they fought for it. eventually they did. the cananites remained there. the romans then occupied the area. It was the romans who destroyed the temple btw, not the palestinians. The jews rebelled against the romans. the rebellion was crushed. The jews were expelled for their insurgency. some jews probably did manage to remain with the cananites. Then the land fell to arabs/muslims in the 7th century. Arabs settled. Descendants of the arabs and cananites (who over millenia of intermarriage were no longer a seperate distince race as such) are now known as palestinians. Some jews perhaps migrated back to palestine during these times. There was a low level jewish population in palestine for many centuries.

The claim that palestinians took the land from the jews is unfounded. The "2500 year old wall" as people refer to it is in fact the remains of the jewish temple that the romans destroyed after their rebellion.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
im sorry what wall was destroyed by Palestinians? Are you now making things up? or is gemgems89 holding you by the scruff of the neck?
Never heard of the Western Wall?!

The Western Wall was the remains of the second temple destroyed by the Palestinians. The temple was an extremely important place for the Jews, and it was destroyed. Which is why the remains of it is so holy hence people praying there.

:rolleyes:
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Still, even if the Jews took the land by force, how can you justify the kind of terrorism against innocent people that goes on today?
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That shows how pathetic your arguement is.

Yes, have a nice day. Can't cope with the truth being spoken?
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ddan)
well i dont beleive at
do i give a s**t?
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
Never heard of the Western Wall?!

The Western Wall was the remains of the second temple destroyed by the Palestinians. The temple was an extremely important place for the Jews, and it was destroyed. Which is why the remains of it is so holy hence people praying there.

:rolleyes:
I have heard of the Western wall...and how do we know it is genuinly a remain of the temple? And get your facts staright it wasnt actually destroyed by Palestinians! So there we go!
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Still, even if the Jews took the land by force, how can you justify the kind of terrorism against innocent people that goes on today?
Hey, I got to congratulate you, you are discussing like a real human being.
I don't justificate the terrorism, I understand it and I support the Palestine state and the Palestine cause.
The killing is never good, every each life is beautiful.
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I hate to say this Gems but there isn't really anything more arrogant you can do in a discussion than keep insisting that you're speaking the truth.

People insisting that they are speaking the truth remind me of religion, and blind faith and preaching.
Thank you!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (220)
68.11%
No (103)
31.89%

Watched Threads