This discussion is closed.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
Who are you to judge all this?

So I might be outnumbered, I'm the only one that is defending Israel, don't you think it might be a little difficult? 1 against about 5?

I have my own opinion for Israel therefore I'm a "Philosopher, theologist, political expert and debate expert" :rolleyes:
I'm defending Israel too.

I'm also empathising with the Palestinians, that is seeing it from their point of view too not sympathising, but still I find it hard to see how they can be in the right.

I looked at information relating to it today and decided that the situation is so complex that in my opinion right now they need peace, and there is only one side working towards that.
EI_123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)

I'm also empathising with the Palestinians, that is seeing it from their point of view too not sympathising, but still I find it hard to see how they can be in the right.

I looked at information relating to it today and decided that the situation is so complex that in my opinion right now they need peace, and there is only one side working towards that.
The killing isn't right, I hope you agree with this.

But the demand of their land back is what I support.
ddan
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
Oh dear...
what are u lot thinking the israelis are getting worse by terrorists and ppl dat decide to blow them selves up but u still decide to take the palestians side
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ddan)
what are u lot thinking the israelis are getting worse by terrorists and ppl dat decide to blow them selves up but u still decide to take the palestians side
Read the thread please.
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
No, thefish is doing a good job defending Israel.

You are just saying stupidities.
What's stupid about it? Give me an example. You think it's stupid because you don't agree.
ddan
Report 16 years ago

yes dats ryt only the jewish ppl really want peace but the palestians dont care about peace they just decide to blow themselves up instead
ddan
Report 16 years ago
What's stupid about it? Give me an example. You think it's stupid because you don't agree.
ive got my opinipon just b cause u dont agree theres is no need 2 say it is stupid .
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Because you deny facts just for defending your position.

I accept that the terrorism is the wrong way but you don't accept that taking a land by force is wrong.

That's an example, aren't you agree with it? ...
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No, thefish is doing a good job defending Israel.

You are just saying stupidities.
Erm, considering it was Gems holding her own against you here before I showed up, how can you say that? She did a very good job on her own against you people, standing up for what she believed.

And it happens that I believe that too - no, she hasn't been brainwashing me, I had a day off school today and actually bothered to research the history of this conflict because I was interested, and came to the conclusion myself that the Palestinians should stop fighting and while the Israelis aren't totally rightly in control of their land, most of it is rightfully theirs.
ddan
Report 16 years ago
Read the thread please.
i hav read the thread and i have decided to defend israel ive been reading the thread the whole time
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ddan)
i hav read the thread and i have decided to defend israel ive been reading the thread the whole time
Congratulations if you think that taking a land by force is right.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
And it happens that I believe that too - no, she hasn't been brainwashing me, I had a day off school today and actually bothered to research the history of this conflict because I was interested, and came to the conclusion myself that the Palestinians should stop fighting and while the Israelis aren't totally rightly in control of their land, most of it is rightfully theirs.
I guess then that you wouldn't complain is someone take your land by force, right?
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The killing isn't right, I hope you agree with this.

But the demand of their land back is what I support.
The demand of the land back? By looking at it through absolute morals and dismissing totally all that isn't prooved correct it is easy to say that.

I assume you're an athiest?
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Because you deny facts just for defending your position.

I accept that the terrorism is the wrong way but you don't accept that taking a land by force is wrong.

That's an example, aren't you agree with it? ...
I don't deny facts to defend my position! What position?
I deny them because they are false. You say Palestinians were killed and invaded in order to have Israel for the Jews, and I disagree because it was in the Balfour Declaration. Nobody was killed.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The demand of the land back? By looking at it through absolute morals and dismissing totally all that isn't prooved correct it is easy to say that.

I assume you're an athiest?
100%
ddan
Report 16 years ago
I deny them because they are false. You say Palestinians were killed and invaded in order to have Israel for the Jews, and I disagree because it was in the Balfour Declaration. Nobody was killed.
the jewish ppl had problems on there way making israel there homeland but not once did they kill any 1
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Whatever, is pointless to talk to you. There were a lot of terrorism acts in the rising of Israel from both sides and that's is just a fact, if you don't like it fine.

Somebody have already told you that that stupid declaration doesn't mean anything, is just a pieace of paper signed by one side of the conflict.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I guess then that you wouldn't complain is someone take your land by force, right?
I would complain actually.

But what if I owned a field and a load of gypsies came with tents and camped on it? Imagine I tried to get rid of them for a few months.

After a year or so I think I'd just sell them the field for an agreed price. But you can't do that with countries, you have to go with the views of the majority or have a totally independant and unbiased investigation before doing anything.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I would complain actually.
That's the answer that I want.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
100%
It shows, in the way you totally ignore anything that you don't have photographic or video evidence of.

I'm agnostic. Gems is theistic. Don't you think that explains something about our viewpoints?

This business about who's "side" is correct, it really depends which evidence you evaluate and which you ignore. So the religious person will go back into ancient times and believe it and the athiest will totally ignore that, while the agnostic hovers in between.

I assume you're not totally on the side of the Palestinians, and you just see the situation from the points of view of both sides?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (533)
66.71%
No (266)
33.29%

Watched Threads