This discussion is closed.
EI_123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
Isn't argentina the country that was peeved because we arrested it's ambassador relating to an anti-semitic bombing..?
J
Have you ever been in Argentina?
No... why a bombing could happened there? *RINGING BELLS*

Because there are communities of every kind.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
Look, you think it's pointless then fine. I have tried to look at both sides. Yes, Israel have done some things in the past, but I notice that even now the Palestinians are carrying on attacking.

I've heard many stories of Israel having the chance to kill the Palestinian leader, once, they had tanks near his house or whatever, and the Israelis shot the empty houses surrounding him, but then a load of Israeli tanks crowded round where he was...but they didn't shoot. They tried to connect with them, to show that they had the power to kill him, but they didn't. They were speaking a language everyone understands, and it shows peace behind it. I'll never forget that story because it says a lot about Israel.

At the end of the day, the Jews were given Israel as a homeland. You can't say we invaded because there was already Jews there originally. The Jews need a homeland, look at the anti-semitism. It's the only country they can go to become protected and have a Jewish surrounding.

And what land are we talking about? The Golan? Ok, well Israel offered them the land back. They refused. You can't say Israel havn't tried. Look at all the treaties. Look at the cease fire last July, it lasted a few weaks then the Palestinians broke it.

Trouble at both sides, but Israel are the ones trying to resolve it. I really don't know what the Palestinians want.
I repeat again, THE ISRAELIS BROKE THE TREATY!!!!!!!!
For god's sake, it's easy to read which side killed first after the peace treaty started, and it was an Israeli incursion.
FACT
It really narks me because they didn't even break it to do anything worthwhile. Just to kill a couple of no bodies
J
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)

Have a nice day, and gemsgems89 if you gonna answer to this, TAKE IT EASY, this is not a war, you aren't my enemy.
Good. I like to think this is just a discussion, but discussions do get out of hand.
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
Have you ever been in Argentina?
No... why a bombing could happened there? *RINGING BELLS*

Because there are communities of every kind.
Say that again, I don't understand what you mean
I've never been up your ass, but I know that you speak out of it at times.
J
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I repeat again, THE ISRAELIS BROKE THE TREATY!!!!!!!!
For god's sake, it's easy to read which side killed first after the peace treaty started, and it was an Israeli incursion.
FACT
It really narks me because they didn't even break it to do anything worthwhile. Just to kill a couple of no bodies
J
Which treaty are you talking about?
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Say that again, I don't understand what you mean
I've never been up your ass, but I know that you speak out of it at times.
J
I do my best to speak in English, I'm sorry that you didn't understand, great genius.

What I said firstly is that Argentina accepted any inmigration, that's why a bombing of a Jew-Association could happen.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Good. I like to think this is just a discussion, but discussions do get out of hand.
It's just a discussion, nothing is going to change for what we talk here, don't make this a war, there are just WORDS.
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
Which treaty are you talking about?
Most recent one, last summer. The one where Hamas and the brigade agreed a cease fire (i have no doubt that one reason was so they could consolidate). However the Israeli army then charged in guns blaxzing to a refugee camp killing about 3 people. In retaliation some suicide bombers then blow up 30 odd people, and the circle of death begins once more
J
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
I do my best to speak in English, I'm sorry that you didn't understand, great genius.

What I said firstly is that Argentina accepted any inmigration, that's why a bombing of a Jew-Association could happen.
But on the orders of a high ranking Argentine official...
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I just a discussion, nothing is going to change for what we talk here, don't make this a war, there are just WORDS.
I know, never thought it was a war. But it did start getting war-like when you said I said stupid things and needed to grow up, kinda pointless.
Blamps
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Most recent one, last summer. The one where Hamas and the brigade agreed a cease fire (i have no doubt that one reason was so they could consolidate). However the Israeli army then charged in guns blaxzing to a refugee camp killing about 3 people. In retaliation some suicide bombers then blow up 30 odd people, and the circle of death begins once more
J
The same poitn, which I was arguing before......a continuous self-fulfilling prophecy
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
But on the orders of a high ranking Argentine official...
We had a lot of stupid governments the last years, the inmigration was previous.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
J
However, I seem to remember that when the cease fire was made, a few weeks later, there was a suicide bomb in Israel. That was breakign the treaty.
Jonatan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
J
Well, first of all there was never a treaty. Hamaz said they wanted one Israel said they did not trust Hamaz. Hamaz was damaged after operation defensive shield, they wanted time to build up their network again. After that, you can be certain they would have atacked Israel again. This organisation has on its agenda the complete destruction of Israel, the Israelis and their culture. To beleive that Hamaz wanted peace is nonsense. Besides, what sort of treaty is it that they are to stop atacking civilians for two months? They are not atacking teh Israeli government or the IDF. They are blasting away innocent civilians. Ceasfire in this case means that Israel should sit with their arms crossed and wait for Hamaz to smuggle in enough explosives etc etc to start a new intifada.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
However, I seem to remember that when the cease fire was made, a few weeks later, there was a suicide bomb in Israel. That was breakign the treaty.
Was it arranged by the Palestinian administration or terrorist groups that believe they are working for the good of the Palestinian people?
Jonatan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Was it arranged by the Palestinian administration or terrorist groups that believe they are working for the good of the Palestinian people?
You will not find a single terrorist leader beleiveing he works for the good of the palestinian people. These groups base their activities on taking advantages of poor peoples desperate positions. They are not trying to help the palestinians, they try to gain power by causing fear among others.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Jonatan)
Well, first of all there was never a treaty. Hamaz said they wanted one Israel said they did not trust Hamaz. Hamaz was damaged after operation defensive shield, they wanted time to build up their network again. After that, you can be certain they would have atacked Israel again. This organisation has on its agenda the complete destruction of Israel, the Israelis and their culture. To beleive that Hamaz wanted peace is nonsense. Besides, what sort of treaty is it that they are to stop atacking civilians for two months? They are not atacking teh Israeli government or the IDF. They are blasting away innocent civilians. Ceasfire in this case means that Israel should sit with their arms crossed and wait for Hamaz to smuggle in enough explosives etc etc to start a new intifada.
I agree. Thank you.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I agree. Thank you.
Why are you thanking him?
He's stating his own opinion.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Jonatan)
You will not find a single terrorist leader beleiveing he works for the good of the palestinian people. These groups base their activities on taking advantages of poor peoples desperate positions. They are not trying to help the palestinians, they try to gain power by causing fear among others.
Yeah.

So if you remove the terrorists from the Palestinians and throw them to one side, does that mean we can say that both the Israelis and Palestinians want peace right now?
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
Why are you thanking him?
He's stating his own opinion.
Because he said exactly what I wanted to say and he said it well.
Who says it's an opinion? It looks like facts to me...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (213)
61.56%
Yes- I don't like it (13)
3.76%
No- I want it (96)
27.75%
No- I don't want it (24)
6.94%

Watched Threads