Israel Watch

This discussion is closed.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
umm most of the stuff ive posted is my own, whatever Ive quoted from other sources is in brackets. Ill post my sources from now on since you need verification.
Yeah,

In the last large post of yours, there were sections in normal text and then sections in bold directly underneath which appeared to be a conflicting opinion.

It looked like you'd written both and were therefore having an argument with yourself. Maybe you do have split personality...
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
But the question is, is this a civilised debate? Sometimes I begin to wonder..
It's supposed to be. Look, we're all typing in full sentences. And until somebody comes and abuses somebody else, it's peaceful. The points are generally intelligent and not just arguments and flames.
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
It's supposed to be. Look, we're all typing in full sentences. And until somebody comes and abuses somebody else, it's peaceful. The points are generally intelligent and not just arguments and flames.
Well this forum isn't intended for arguments. We're all for civil and peaceful debates.
adelz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Yeah,

In the last large post of yours, there were sections in normal text and then sections in bold directly underneath which appeared to be a conflicting opinion.

It looked like you'd written both and were therefore having an argument with yourself. Maybe you do have split personality...
ah .. sorry .. i fixed it .. I had missed out a [/b] . No, I dont have a split personality :P
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
*sigh* you dont understand the concept of american national interest, the terrorist acquistion of WMDs or the fact the Poland understand first hand the threat from rogue states?
yes, because poland thought it was a threat...
HAHAHA
J
yawn1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
This thread just goes around in circles and achieves nothing except anger and personal insults between opposing factions (exactly what is happening in the 'real' situation in Palestine/Israel.) There will never be a concensus of opinions because both sides have an empathy to their own cause i.e. gemgems and vienna are Jewish and see only their set of values as being correct and the opposite opinion is supported likewise.

Waste of time and energy as nothing contained here will sort the situation!

I have said before that persecution breeds persecution. From the beginning of time the Jews have been persecuted, but they, in turn, are now doing the persecuting to the Palestinians. The Palestinians will never be subjugated as the human persona will resist attempts to be denied freedoms to persue their own destiny. Result - stalemate and more bloodshed.

Can you not see the similarities with South Africa and Northern Ireland?

We must insist that inequalities are addressed and both nations have parity of esteem. Concessions and admonishments should be offered to both sides. If agreement is not reached then it must be enforced by the UN.
A start may be made here on this forum where constructive suggestions as to how to achieve a lasting peace may be made. Remember, we are all the same ultimately.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by yawn1)
This thread just goes around in circles and achieves nothing except anger and personal insults between opposing factions (exactly what is happening in the 'real' situation in Palestine/Israel.) There will never be a concensus of opinions because both sides have an empathy to their own cause i.e. gemgems and vienna are Jewish and see only their set of values as being correct and the opposite opinion is supported likewise.
im not Jewish and have very little in common with them.

Waste of time and energy as nothing contained here will sort the situation!
talking about it is not a waste of time in my book.

are now doing the persecuting to the Palestinians
is that ur opinion?

Can you not see the similarities with South Africa and Northern Ireland?
only in NI, as it was clear that the terrorists were in the wrong.

We must insist that inequalities are addressed and both nations have parity of esteem. Concessions and admonishments should be offered to both sides. If agreement is not reached then it must be enforced by the UN.
dream on. the UN let the Iraqis perish for years..
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
yes, because poland thought it was a threat...
HAHAHA
J
what?
yawn1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
im not Jewish and have very little in common with them.

talking about it is not a waste of time in my book.

is that ur opinion?

only in NI, as it was clear that the terrorists were in the wrong.

dream on. the UN let the Iraqis perish for years..
You are a "Loyal friend of Israel" are you not? I would have thought that implies you have much in common with the Jewish plight.

You will think that talking about it is not a waste of time because your interest borders on obsession imo.

Why is it clear that the 'terrorists' were wrong in NI and which ones are you talking about or are you referring to both sides of the divide?

One can only live in hope that the UN will step in when they cease to be fearful of upsetting the political might of the Jewish politicans in US. We must live in hope must we not?
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I empathise with both sides.

Is that okay?
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by yawn1)
You are a "Loyal friend of Israel" are you not? I would have thought that implies you have much in common with the Jewish plight.
i am a sympathiser. i dont think that implies that i am Jewish in anyway.
my views are based on my political assessment of the situation.

You will think that talking about it is not a waste of time because your interest borders on obsession imo.
your point was that talking does nothing, i disagree, i think talking helps.

Why is it clear that the 'terrorists' were wrong in NI and which ones are you talking about or are you referring to both sides of the divide?
:rolleyes:

One can only live in hope that the UN will step in when they cease to be fearful of upsetting the political might of the Jewish politicans in US. We must live in hope must we not?
no, you take the future into ur own hands. thats the responsibility of any politician.
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

no, you take the future into ur own hands. thats the responsibility of any politician.
wow, this has been a long discussion, 28 pages!!
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bono)
wow, this has been a long discussion, 28 pages!!
Well done.
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Well done.
thanks!
yawn1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

As long as you admit that your assessment of the situation is only your own and not necessarily how it is that's fine with me.

My point that talking on this forum does little but inflame the situation is valid as illustrated by the rants from both sides. Agreement will not be reached by those who feel so passionate about it. How does talking help, pray tell me?

I don't understand your sarcasm to my question on NI. - could you please elaborate?

So far the politicians have made an extremely bad job of taking the future into their own hands. It might now be time for more detached solutions from the UN. NI needed this detachment too before any normality was achieved.
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by DoctorNO)
No those are two completely different people. The ancient philistines and the rest of the Canaanites have long been ASSIMILATED into the Israelites. The palestinians you see today are but the decendants of arab migrants into that land.
That is incorrect there are many jewish palestinians also, one of them being my great grandfather...who was forced out by zionists, so please stop making up facts to suite yourself!
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by UWC student)
The Philistines were there but they were exactly where they are now in the five cities they controled. The only other place that could be associated with Muslims is Edom - which is today's Jordan.

Check the good book there are some interesting things in there, you might learn a thing or two.

Hadar
Listen...this land belongs to the Palestinians and you cant argue about that. The issue is that many of them were chucked out of their homes and left disposesed and homeless...Israelis ******** about the palestinians living in Jordan. Let me remind tha Jordan is a desert and the only natives are the bedouins...no arabs, no jews, no palestinians...OK.

Its nice to know that you read books...shame you learn nothing from them!
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by s.ahmad3)

Stop with the myth that palestine was a land without a people for a people without a land.
Jews had land but they sold it for money!
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
That is incorrect there are many jewish palestinians also, one of them being my great grandfather...who was forced out by zionists, so please stop making up facts to suite yourself!
Yes that is totaly true ... Palestinians are not all muslim - there is a huge portion thats christian / jewish. In Arabic "Palestine" is "Filisteen" and "Palestinians" are called "Filisteeni" .. Notice the similarity between that and Phillistines..
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
Listen...this land belongs to the Palestinians and you cant argue about that. The issue is that many of them were chucked out of their homes and left disposesed and homeless...Israelis ******** about the palestinians living in Jordan. Let me remind tha Jordan is a desert and the only natives are the bedouins...no arabs, no jews, no palestinians...OK.

Its nice to know that you read books...shame you learn nothing from them!
Exactly. In 1947 when there was a huge migration of jews from their european homeland to the "promised land" they slowly started taking over arab land and that eventually sparked the war.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1119)
78.91%
Leave (299)
21.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed