Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ...the humour was worth it...hehehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    hmm...convincing..
    well it takes more than talk to convince you...so im off to bed!

Nighty night...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    and not the Israeli one?
    no. thats kind of a no-brainer.

ReputationRep:
    well it takes more than talk to convince you...so im off to bed!

Nighty night...
    yes, a decent argument

ReputationRep:
    yes, a decent argument
    i was thinking something more along the lines of demolishing homes, shooting your kids and controlling state medias...but if thats your take on a 'decent arguement' then maybe thats what you need!

ReputationRep:
    ...the humour was worth it...hehehe
    Damn straight.

ReputationRep:
    i was thinking something more along the lines of demolishing homes, shooting your kids and controlling state medias...but if thats your take on a 'decent arguement' then maybe thats what you need!
    i meant accurate argument not sensational hype.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    What saddens me is that there's so many anti-Israel people out there and don't go about open minded looking at both sides of the story. I've tried looking at both, and I can clearly see that Israel wants peace. No more to be said.
    Clearly not. :rolleyes:

Thank you very much! You speak the truth! I agree 100%. When I have free rep going, you're first on my list! Well done!
    Truth is a matter of perspective
    1) I'm sure the average Israeli would prefer to live in peace. However, some would prefer to take back all of their 'promised land'. Don't forget there are settlers every bit as bad as the suicide bombers. Just because you don't die with your device of death, doesn't make you any less bad.
    2) Many in palestine would now settle for a return to 1967 borders.
    Of course some will never be happy, and will derail (very sucessfully) peace talks. It only seems to take one pissed off bomber to stop entire peace talks.
    3) Remember the nationality, and race, of the guy who stopped the one real chance of peace.
    4) Gaza strip, golan heights etc are important for water and farming. there are documented cases of water being diverteed and fouled going through Jewish areas towards palestinian areas. The palestinians are told this is because Jews are demons. In reality its just one or two Jewish farmers who decide a bit of night soil in the diet will do some good.
    ~J

and that speaks volumes.

Why can't Palestinians march into Israel and reclaim their land? Jordan is a sovereign state! Arabic states dont help financially because they are prohibited by the US.
    prohibited?[/QUOTE]
    If palestinians march anywhere they tend to get shot at by trigger happy kids just out of school. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure we'd have the same problems if we put London under martial law, and then policed it with TA recruits from Newcastle, Manchester, Liverpool etc
    J

ReputationRep:
    What saddens me is that there's so many anti-Israel people out there and don't go about open minded looking at both sides of the story. I've tried looking at both, and I can clearly see that Israel wants peace. No more to be said.
    I don't think that the building of a separation wall is an act that denotes the search for peace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    If palestinians march anywhere they tend to get shot at by trigger happy kids just out of school. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure we'd have the same problems if we put London under martial law, and then policed it with TA recruits from Newcastle, Manchester, Liverpool etc
    J

by the US?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Idol)
    I don't think that the building of a separation wall is an act that denotes the search for peace.
    no, several offers for the return of land are peace measures. having not been entertained by the Palestinians who refuse to give up suicide bombing(im sure ur aware of this although im surprised at the level of ignorance on this subject), the Israeli state has no other option other than defend its people in time of conflict. the wall is such a measure.

again, if Palestinians are so committed to recognising 2 states as Israel and the US are, why havent they accepted Sharons everything-for-nothing unilateral offer? you would have expected them to have bitten his arm off..

ReputationRep:
    no, several offers for the return of land are peace measures. having not been entertained by the Palestinians who refuse to give up suicide bombing(im sure ur aware of this although im surprised at the level of ignorance on this subject), the Israeli state has no other option other than defend its people in time of conflict. the wall is such a measure.

again, if Palestinians are so committed to recognising 2 states as Israel and the US are, why havent they accepted Sharons everything-for-nothing unilateral offer? you would have expected them to have bitten his arm off..
    I'm gonna make a statement.

Israel has colonies, chunks of land stolen. The history has shown the world that the colonies sooner or later are liberated.

That's my position, they are invaders, if you like it fine and if you don't fine too.

And please ... Sharon is as bad as Hitler, he's a war criminal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    Don't forget there are settlers every bit as bad as the suicide bombers. Just because you don't die with your device of death, doesn't make you any less bad.
    well, im quite concerned to see that you equate settlement on land that by UN rights is not yours, and slaughtering innocent civilians by blowing yourself up.

2) Many in palestine would now settle for a return to 1967 borders.
    Of course some will never be happy, and will derail (very sucessfully) peace talks. It only seems to take one pissed off bomber to stop entire peace talks.
    Many in palestine may indeed settle for that, which has been offered to them, yet they still support a man in Arafat, and Hamas and Hezbollah who will not listen to any offers made by the Israelis. The last palestinian prime minister who agreed to end terrorism resigned because of the clear threat on his life. The current PM will not make the same promises, he has not assured Israel or the international community that he will try and end terrorism. I feel for him.

3) Remember the nationality, and race, of the guy who stopped the one real chance of peace.
    enlighten me.

irrespective of your comments: i think people see this as a Palestinian people vs Israeli state argument, while turning a blind eye to the actions and attitudes of the Palestinian leadership. deal with it on a level of humanity and morals or deal with it on a level of politics. not a warped mix of the two.

ReputationRep:
    And please ... Sharon is as bad as Hitler, he's a war criminal.
    its blahzay comments like these that really outline your position. i think they are both offensive and deeply ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    its blahzay comments like these that really outline your position. i think they are both offensive and deeply ignorant.
    You want to defend Israel, fine with me but you can't ignore that he had a trail in Israel and he has been proven guilty by his own nation.
    So cut out the crap you are always saying too much ********.

ReputationRep:
    You want to defend Israel, fine with me but you can't ignore that he had a trail in Israel and he has been proven guilty by his own nation.
    a trail? i can ignore it because er, PROVEN(?) guilty of what?

So cut out the crap you are always saying too much ********.
    im sorry to see you view my opinions as ********. although im beginning to expect nothing less..

Originally Posted by vienna95

ReputationRep:
    Whatever Israels reasons this isnt acceptable:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3436561.stm

ReputationRep:
    a trail? i can ignore it because er, PROVEN(?) guilty of what?

im sorry to see you view my opinions as ********. although im beginning to expect nothing less..

Originally Posted by vienna95
    Yes, of genocide, he's a war criminal. Don't you like it? Too bad.
    And of course falklands are in U.K. territorial waters.

Cut if off.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.