Israel Watch

This discussion is closed.
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
You really are pathetic and not worth talking to. Go and intrude on another thread.
I was extending a hand...But i guess youre just as bitter as Jonathan...you lose an argument you resort to insult...shame gemma. Its a real shame!
Jonatan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
SIR! SIR!...This guy is anti-women, he's anti-feminists...he's sexist, SIR! Oh what a loss...he lost the argument and is now resorting to ignoring me Well Jonathan that’s not very dignifying...but then again neither is losing arguments all the time. So you acknowledge your argument is feeble…?
As you can see I have corrected my post so that it is not sexist in any way. As for me ignoring you it is due to your chronical way of dismissing arguments and simply stating your opinions without justification. Also, for the record, you do not lose an argument in a debate. A debate is intended to be an exchange of viewpoints. It is up to the person followong the debate to make uo his/her own opinion on the basis of the arguments presented. I trust you understand why your attitude is not the most constructive one in such a context?
Sweetpeaz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by icarusgideon)
12000 palestinians made homeless in the last 12 months..
true, but israel only attacks when it has been attacked. it is not a viscous country that just kills when unprovoked. also u have to see how many israelis have been killed by palestinians... not that you can really compare loss of lives

Sharon has been involved in fraud cases with his son ( i can remember 3 that happened last 5 months).
yes.. but this has nothing to do with being unfair to Palestinians. Sharon was just being stupid by using his power to help his son. wrong thing to do, but not a war like move in any way!

Whereas Arafat has been given nobel prize for his efforts to restore peace. He is under house arrest for over 3 years now, and the israelli government has tried to poison him, refused him medical care (in arab hosp.), wants to kill him.
yes he was given the nobel pieace prize, but so was israel with him - Yitzak Rabin. Both sides were rewarded equally. Why does Israel want him dead? because he's been found to have links to terrorists who have killed countless Israelis. He has been caught on TV telling his people to kill and has spread hate and propaganda against jews and israelis, whilst appearing all cute and peace loving to the rest of the world. two faced people are dangerous.
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I was extending a hand...But i guess youre just as bitter as Jonathan...you lose an argument you resort to insult...shame gemma. Its a real shame!
How did I lose an argument? Which arguement? Is there supposed to be an argument? I thought it's civil.
And, I never insulted you. If you look back, you went for the first insult with your witty sarcasm that you assumed I didn't understand.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How did I lose an argument? Which arguement? Is there supposed to be an argument? I though it's civil.
And, I never insulted you. If you look back, you went for the first insult with your witty sarcasm that you assumed I didn't understand.
There's no argument happening that I can see.

It's more like a discussion that recently resorted to throwing of insults between the two sides, thanks to the childishness of some members such as ThornsnRoses.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sweetpeaz)
yes he was given the nobel pieace prize, but so was israel with him - Yitzak Rabin. Both sides were rewarded equally. Why does Israel want him dead? because he's been found to have links to terrorists who have killed countless Israelis. He has been caught on TV telling his people to kill and has spread hate and propaganda against jews and israelis, whilst appearing all cute and peace loving to the rest of the world. two faced people are dangerous.
How many average Palestinians do you think actually support the terrorists?
Sweetpeaz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
the americans (=israeli govern) have sidelined Arafat and there is absolutely nothing the man can do, under the conditions he is in.
he's never actually done anything to help. talked about it, yes. but done anything.. no. why do you have so much faith in him? he wouldnt do anything even if he was in the best conditions in the world.
Sweetpeaz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
How many average Palestinians do you think actually support the terrorists?
i'd say the majority.. but i dont know. i mean, even some british people are starting to support them which is really scary! how many do u think support terrorists?
Jonatan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
true, but israel only attacks when it has been attacked. it is not a viscous country that just kills when unprovoked. also u have to see how many israelis have been killed by palestinians... not that you can really compare loss of lives

yes.. but this has nothing to do with being unfair to Palestinians. Sharon was just being stupid by using his power to help his son. wrong thing to do, but not a war like move in any way!

Although I agree that Israels actions in the westbankis primarely self defence (there has been a few incidents which are worthy of criticism) I must still say that I am quite sceptical to Sharons policy. It should be quite apparent that the military incursions to the westbank is making bad worse. True, the palestinian givernment has more or less brought it upon themselves, but Id still say Sharon is quite naive to beleive he can root out terrorism by launching a tremendous strike against the palestinian self controlled areas. A better strategy would be passive means of defense, such as the security fence now being constructed. If Israel truly wants to strike against the terrorists and the corrupt palestinian givernment, they must realise that peace is not possible unless the palestinian people support it. Even though the terrorist and the PLO are directly responsible for the indoctrination and fanaticism raging in the area, it shoul not be ignored that the Israeli military incursions help the fanatics justifying their actions so that they can persuade innocent palestinians into supporting them. The terrorists do take advantage of the paestinian population, and this is the main reason you still have hostilities in the area. It should be remembered, however, that it would be more difficult for them to do so had Israel had a milder policy in the west bank and Gaza.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i'd say the majority.. but i dont know. i mean, even some british people are starting to support them which is really scary! how many do u think support terrorists?
Hmmm, are we on about sympathy or empathy here?

I can empathise with them - as in, if I wanted I could collect evidence and argue in their favour even if I didn't really believe it.

I don't see how you can sympathise with any terrorist though. Freedom fighters fighting against an oppressive government: yes. Terrorists who kill innocent people: no.
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Jonatan)
As you can see I have corrected my post so that it is not sexist in any way. As for me ignoring you it is due to your chronical way of dismissing arguments and simply stating your opinions without justification. Also, for the record, you do not lose an argument in a debate. A debate is intended to be an exchange of viewpoints. It is up to the person followong the debate to make uo his/her own opinion on the basis of the arguments presented. I trust you understand why your attitude is not the most constructive one in such a context?
Jonathan you seriously have no sense of humour what so ever...The thing about you calling me Sir was a joke...get it! HAHA! If i offended you than ill tell you now it was not intentional. I state my opinions and justify them...but i think you know part of debating is to get your opinion across. As for my attitude, who's to say whether its constructive or not...i have put more into this debate than you have. I think you need to lighten up a little and see the bright side of things.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Jonathan you seriously have no sense of humour what so ever...The thing about you calling me Sir was a joke...get it! HAHA! If i offended you than ill tell you now it was not intentional. I state my opinions and justify them...but i think you know part of debating is to get your opinion across. As for my attitude, who's to say whether its constructive or not...i have put more into this debate than you have. I think you need to lighten up a little and see the bright side of things.
Now who is the comedian ThornsnRoses?
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
There's no argument happening that I can see.

It's more like a discussion that recently resorted to throwing of insults between the two sides, thanks to the childishness of some members such as ThornsnRoses.
I see Gems still has you by the scruff of the neck!
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Now who is the comedian ThornsnRoses?
still you...but i have to say...i am famed for my jokes
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Who mentioned plastic surgey you ponce?! Jeez...if you want to make a valid comment atleast read previous posts.

Well maybe if you were a little more confident and a **** less paranoid, it wouldn't bother you that much that someone suggested plastic surgery...no one can bloody see you behind a computer screen and no gives a sh*t about how you look...
Now that you've mentioned it though i cant help but visualise you as being some ugly shorty...but whatever!
need we say more.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He has a mind of his own. Just because you're little crusade aren't here tonight.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
still you...but i have to say...i am famed for my jokes
Yes, I'm sure.
Jonatan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hmmm, are we on about sympathy or empathy here?

I can empathise with them - as in, if I wanted I could collect evidence and argue in their favour even if I didn't really believe it.

I don't see how you can sympathise with any terrorist though. Freedom fighters fighting against an oppressive government: yes. Terrorists who kill innocent people: no.
If I am not mistaken, a survey made by a british news agency about a year ago said more than 60% of the population said suecide bombings were an acceptable way of fighting against the occupation. around 48% also supported the complete destruction of Israel.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No she doesn't, actually.

Several times I have contradicted her arguments, much to her displeasure. I find it difficult not to disagree with some of the things she says after thinking the situation through.

Nevertheless, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Sweetpeaz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Jonatan)
A better strategy would be passive means of defense, such as the security fence now being constructed.
I think that is a brilliant idea! Instead of doing all these horrible "an eye for an eye" thing, the israelis should just, be more passive in its attack. but... the wall would be a good idea, however not all palestinians or arabs etc are dangerous to israel.. in which case not allowing them to enter the country would be racist and wrong. there must be a passive solution..... the wall is the only one i can think of. at least then people won't get killed, only racially turned away. which is better?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (90)
20%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (181)
40.22%
Nope, not that interesting (179)
39.78%

Watched Threads