The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

foolfarian
You are bringing nothing new to the debate that hasn't already been argued over.
And the first paragraph is utter tripe. At this stage it is utterly pointless to debate which is the attack, and which the counterattack.

And Foolfarian is on, with his witty jokes! You never fail to humour me...
foolfarian
Obviously they translate poorly onto the internet
J

and he does it again...!
Sweetpeaz
i agree fish! but wouldnt u prefer a wall to killings?

it places a burden on the entire palestinian people for a crime only some are responsible for. It benefits Israel but not palestine.
It makes palestine dependant on israel (remember it is cutting through some of the best farm land, and that israel destroyed the palestinian airport).
It is frankly abhorrent (spelling)
J
ThornsnRoses
And Foolfarian is on, with his witty jokes! You never fail to humour me...

? I was being serious
Reply 664
foolfarian
? I was being serious

Now that was funny. :biggrin:
Jonatan
It all depends on what you mean with supporting terrorists. Most palestinians would probably say they support Hamaz and Co for fighting against Israel, a smaller number would say that they support atacks against innocent civilians, and a minority would support the goal to completely destroy the Israeli existance. It all depends on your definitions of support and terrorism.

Do you realise why they support terrorist organisations, have you realised that suicide bombing is actually a new phenomenon and was not till recently widely supported by the Palestinian population? Infact there were not many before Sharon came to power and this new Intifada began...tells you something, dont it? If Israel reformed its attitude things wouldnt be so bad...

There is only one defention to supporting terrorism and thats supporting terrorism... :confused:
foolfarian
? I was being serious

and yet so funny!
Jonatan
The main part of the terrorist orginisations promote the complete destruction of Israel. This means that however you twist and turn it. Israel will have to defend themselves somehow if they want to survive. The only two ways which are feasable and available are strict border controlls and military incursions. Personally I think one should try to minimise teh use of military actions, thus border controlls are the only reasonable alternative. I suppose you are not proposing that Israel should simply sit by and watch while terrorist blow up innocent schoolchildren?

As many palestinian children have been killed by israeli action as all the people killed by suicide bombers.
And factor into that malnurishment, exposure etc and i think you'll realise it's a more desperate situation for palestinians. It certainly doesn't excuse attacks, but Israel should find a better way than rolling in the army every time some guy takes a pot shot
J
ThornsnRoses
Do you realise why they support terrorist organisations, have you realised that suicide bombing is actually a new phenomenon and was not till recently widely supported by the Palestinian population? Infact there were not many before Sharon came to power and this new Intifada began...tells you something, dont it? If Israel reformed its attitude things wouldnt be so bad...

There is only one defention to supporting terrorism and thats supporting terrorism... :confused:

Suicide bombings are quite old actually.
North Korea used to send suicide squads of 10-20 bombers to take out targets.
J
Now that was funny. :biggrin:

twas indeed :wink: ! aaaaaaarrrrrrrrr...
Reply 670
ThornsnRoses
Palestinians depend on going into Israel for work, its is their only source of income and livelihood, without how can they live?!

they should find work elsewhere. there are many palestinian friendly countries in the world. why do they want to work in israel if its giving them such a hard time. why are they crossing the border to find work? let them find work on the other side of the border.
foolfarian
J

Yeah and the Kamikazes in WWII...but i meant the palestinians have only been using it recently...
Sweetpeaz
they should find work elsewhere. there are many palestinian friendly countries in the world. why do they want to work in israel if its giving them such a hard time. why are they crossing the border to find work? let them find work on the other side of the border.

It's a local thing. I'm sure you wouldn't tell asian guys in London that Leicster is a much more asian friendly place, and they should work there instead.
What a silly silly post
J
Reply 673
foolfarian
As many palestinian children have been killed by israeli action as all the people killed by suicide bombers.
And factor into that malnurishment, exposure etc and i think you'll realise it's a more desperate situation for palestinians. It certainly doesn't excuse attacks, but Israel should find a better way than rolling in the army every time some guy takes a pot shot
J

That was my point exactly. As the Israelis cannot just sit and watch as their citizens get killed I therefore quite understand why they want to construct the security fence. The problem is of course, as you have mentioned, that it is almost politically impossible for them to remove the settlements so that the barrier can be constructed off palestinian land.

When it comes to malnurishment and the genraly poor situation of the palestinians, i have to say the the palestinian authorities are as much to blaim for this as Israel. Sadly enough the money received from domestic support is lost in corruption within the givernment and thus never reachers those who really need it.
Sweetpeaz

WHAT?! ARE YOU SUGGESTING THEY LEAVE THEIR LAND...BECAUSE IN THAT CASE AND SINCE YOU SEEM TO SUPPORT THEIR DEPORTATION IM GOING TO SAY THIS TO YOU...SUICIDE BOMBINGS ARE JUSTIFIED...

and why cant Israelis leave if they fear their lives so much? There are many Israeli-friendly countries...Now i understand Palestinian hate...if someone suggested, abused me, killed my children (im 15, dont have any), put me under strict curfews, denied me my basic rights ...then i defenitly would consider blowing myself up...what kind of dead end life what that be?!
Reply 675
ThornsnRoses
Yeah and the Kamikazes in WWII...but i meant the palestinians have only been using it recently...

Even if suecide bombings is quite a new trend. Bomb atacks and terrorist acts are not. True, the use of suecide atacks is quite new, but Jewish were under atack from Muslim extremist groups as early as the 1920s.
Reply 676
foolfarian
You are bringing nothing new to the debate that hasn't already been argued over.

i admit i havent read all 30 pages of this debate. just expressing my opinions. sorry if the same views have been expressed by other people already. i can understand how that might annoy u.
Reply 677
foolfarian
J

Sucide bombers? Like strapped to their body and running to their target?
Jonatan
Even if suecide bombings is quite a new trend. Bomb atacks and terrorist acts are not. True, the use of suecide atacks is quite new, but Jewish were under atack from Muslim extremist groups as early as the 1920s.

since the 1920s? are you trying to be funny...there were no 'muslim extremists' at that time. And to add to that that Jews have been attacking Palestinains, in that way too...soo, its kinda tit for tat.
Reply 679
ThornsnRoses
since the 1920s? are you trying to be funny...there were no 'muslim extremists' at that time. And to add to that that Jews have been attacking Palestinains, in that way too...soo, its kinda tit for tat.

So I suppose that some dousin people machine gunned down at a square in 1929 is funny? There were Muslim extremists at that time. This was the very reason why britain decided to leave the area. They simply did not want to deal with the Jewish - Arab clashes

Latest

Trending

Trending