This discussion is closed.
gemgems89
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
so i ask you to explain to me why Jews migrate into Israel daily.
Because Jews see Israel as a holy place to them. Israel has the Western Wall, Yad Vashem, holy synagogues and kosher outlets, along with other places of interest. It is also free from anti-semitism.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
Because Jews see Israel as a holy place to them. Israel has the Western Wall, Yad Vashem, holy synagogues and kosher outlets, along with other places of interest. It is also free from anti-semitism.
Free from anti-semitism?

Isn't anti-semitism the basis of much of the trouble that goes on in Israel?
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Free from anti-semitism?

Isn't anti-semitism the basis of much of the trouble that goes on in Israel?
In Israel you don't get anti-semitism. Not when you're in danger-free cities.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
In Israel you don't get anti-semitism. Not when you're in danger-free cities.
Yeah but you don't get anti-semitism in my house, so why don't all the Jews come to my house, eh? Why don't they come to all the houses with no anti-semitism in?

That doesn't make sense, lol.

But maybe in some cities where the anti-semitists should be kicked out, sealed in special barrels and buried along with the high-risk nuclear waste.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Yeah but you don't get anti-semitism in my house, so why don't all the Jews come to my house, eh? Why don't they come to all the houses with no anti-semitism in?
Errr, right.

That doesn't make sense, lol.
Correct.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Errr, right.
Correct.
Lol well, I never make sense...
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Lol well, I never make sense...
Well, never say never.
Sweetpeaz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
How long constitutes the present? J
that is the ultimate question. unfortunately there is no easy answer to it. the thing is, going to the past isnt any more helpful, since in history the land has been in the hands of both muslims and jews. depends how far back you want to go... remember judaism is an older religion than islam. then u might say, who was living on the land before that.. u know this debate will never end!
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Sweetpeaz)
that is the ultimate question. unfortunately there is no easy answer to it. the thing is, going to the past isnt any more helpful, since in history the land has been in the hands of both muslims and jews. depends how far back you want to go... remember judaism is an older religion than islam. then u might say, who was living on the land before that.. u know this debate will never end!
if it's a battle of religion age, what about the egyptians who inhabited the land before the jews? you do recall that ancient egypt stretched a damn sight larger than it does today - into israel for starters.
and we are talking well into the BC
J
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 17 years ago
and brixton is free from racists. but i dont think every black guy in britain is gonna want to move there
J
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Golders Green fits that decription perfectly...
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Because Jews see Israel as a holy place to them.
You mean the Zionists see Israel as being holy to them. And you know thats really funny because they happen not to be in the least religious...
Many real Jews are actually opposed to Israel.

Check 'em out crayzies!
www.netureikarta.org - Jews opposed to Israel
www.netureikartauk.org - English Jews opposed to Israel
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
You mean the Zionists see Israel as being holy to them. And you know thats really funny because they happen not to be in the least religious...
Many real Jews are actually opposed to Israel.

Check 'em out crayzies!
www.netureikarta.org - Jews opposed to Israel
www.netureikartauk.org - English Jews opposed to Israel
Firstly, most Jews are pro-Israel.
Secondly, I think you'll find those websites don't work.
jammyd
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Not really, if most Jews were so 'pro', surely you would see more immigration. I heard that Orthodox Jews were not as Pro as other (the name escapes me) Jews, does anyone know if this is true?
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
Not really, if most Jews were so 'pro', surely you would see more immigration. I heard that Orthodox Jews were not as Pro as other (the name escapes me) Jews, does anyone know if this is true?
I am an orthodox Jew and very Pro-Israel but it doesn't mean I want to migrate. Many Jews want to and I do cos I love it there.
There are reasons why Jews don't migrate. But I think you'll find quite a few do.

People tend to be very happy in their homes and with their families. They have everything they want, why move? It often costs a lot to move to Israel due to economy, and I know many people who tried moving there but had to come back due to job purposes - not making enough money and having to pay much for living.
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Youre the only Jew i know thats pro-israel, i have many jewish friends who couldnt give a sh*t about Israel...

my websites dont work? or have you not tried that, btw theyre

netureikartauk.org

netureikarta.org just copy and paste them into a search engine
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I am an orthodox Jew and very Pro-Israel but it doesn't mean I want to migrate. Many Jews want to and I do cos I love it there.
There are reasons why Jews don't migrate. But I think you'll find quite a few do.

People tend to be very happy in their homes and with their families. They have everything they want, why move? It often costs a lot to move to Israel due to economy, and I know many people who tried moving there but had to come back due to job purposes - not making enough money and having to pay much for living.
So what is the name of other types of Jews?
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Do you mean Liberal Jews?

Hmm, I'm not sure which are more pro-Israel. But I know most Jews are pro-Israel, especially the more religious ones as they believe it's their homeland.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
So what is the name of other types of Jews?
Liberal or reform.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Liberal or reform.
Ah yes, thanks.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (57)
4.73%
Uncertainty around my education (185)
15.35%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (133)
11.04%
Lack of purpose or motivation (172)
14.27%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (52)
4.32%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (68)
5.64%
Loneliness (103)
8.55%
Financial worries (40)
3.32%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (57)
4.73%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
4.65%
Lack of real life entertainment (65)
5.39%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (107)
8.88%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (110)
9.13%

Watched Threads