This discussion is closed.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
Israel has a state and thus a judicary, Palestine does not.
That's actually a pretty good point.

But I guess the Palestinian leadership could still impose punishment on those who step out of line?
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
On trial?

Precisely; the Israeli authorities have noticed this and taken action to stop it.

Do the Palestinians do that?

hahaha...joker...he's only on trial because of the immense pressure the Home Office, and Hurndalls family put the Israelis under, otherwise it would have gone 'unnoticed'. Did you know that initially the Israelis claimed that this, peace activist, was shooting at soldiers! Also, to put somone on trial is one thing, and punishing him is another thing. The soldier would probably released with a warning or put in jail for a week or so...is that fair?

Another issue to raise is that Palestinians dont have an authoriy to do that!
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
hahaha...joker...he's only on trial because of the immense pressure the Home Office, and Hurndalls family put the Israelis under, otherwise it would have gone 'unnoticed'. Did you know that initially the Israelis claimed that this, peace activist, was shooting at soldiers! Also, to put somone on trial is one thing, and punishing him is another thing. The soldier would probably released with a warning or put in jail for a week or so...is that fair?

Another issue to raise is that Palestinians dont have an authoriy to do that!
Okay, okay, maybe the Israelis are searching for sympathy.

That is very fair of the Home Office as they work in the interest of the British people. As for the Israelis, hmm, I don't know.
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Smells...

West Bromwich (town not far from here) centre smells and isn't very nice, but that doesn't mean it has a ground littered with dead bodies or even raids, except maybe from some gangs.

Yes, I want to go to Jerusalem and see for myself.
It smells because it's dirty. And I really havn't got the slightest clue why that area was like that and nowhere else is. Everywhere else I went was lovely. So beautiful really.

Before you mentioned that there's different areas that separate religions, well I don't think it's a racist thing. I think it's because in the Jewish part there's synagogues and the Wall, and then in the Christian part there's their places of worship and the same with the Arab part.
But, for example, a Christian may walk into the Jewish part.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Okay, okay, maybe the Israelis are searching for sympathy.

That is very fair of the Home Office as they work in the interest of the British people. As for the Israelis, hmm, I don't know.
If the Israelis are searching for sympathy why did they stop the BBC from reporting in certain places?

That's just stupid. I think they'd rather it didn't happen than to gain sympahty.
DoctorNO
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
!?!Of course they are maintaining them. Where do you think olives come from!?!
I said "ACTIVELY". In 1947 millions of Arabs did WILLINGLY ABANDON their lands at the signal of their military commanders.

Doesn't mean it isn't happening.
It does happen from time to time. But they are rare.

Theres one soldier on trial now for unlawful shooting. Or did you selectively miss that?
I am honestly not aware of that.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
It smells because it's dirty. And I really havn't got the slightest clue why that area was like that and nowhere else is. Everywhere else I went was lovely. So beautiful really.

Before you mentioned that there's different areas that separate religions, well I don't think it's a racist thing. I think it's because in the Jewish part there's synagogues and the Wall, and then in the Christian part there's their places of worship and the same with the Arab part.
But, for example, a Christian may walk into the Jewish part.
Hmmm okay.

West Bromwich smells because it's dirty. Neighbouring Birmingham and Wolverhampton are much better though. Beautiful? Hmm, I dunno...

We were looking at discrimination due to religion and other factors in the workplace earlier... makes me wonder what single-faith schools do about equality in employment. Discrimination or any splits due to religion is dumb.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If the Israelis are searching for sympathy why did they stop the BBC from reporting in certain places?

That's just stupid. I think they'd rather it didn't happen than to gain sympahty.
Didn't the Israelis stop the BBC reporting in certain places because apparently the BBC weren't being sympathetic enough?

Sorry, I'm just trying to get the facts here.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hmmm okay.

West Bromwich smells because it's dirty. Neighbouring Birmingham and Wolverhampton are much better though. Beautiful? Hmm, I dunno...

We were looking at discrimination due to religion and other factors in the workplace earlier... makes me wonder what single-faith schools do about equality in employment. Discrimination or any splits due to religion is dumb.
Yes, Israel is beautiful. Don't believe me then go or check my pictures when I come back. If only I could show you the pics from last year, unfortunately they weren't taken on digi cam. I took such amazing sites and scenery. This time it won't be as sunny though.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes, Israel is beautiful. Don't believe me then go or check my pictures when I come back. If only I could show you the pics from last year, unfortunately they weren't taken on digi cam. I took such amazing sites and scenery. This time it won't be as sunny though.
Of course it's beautiful! I wanna go!

When I was on about beautiful, I was imitating your post but using West Bromwich (a local ****hole), and saying that neighbouring towns are much nicer but I don't think I'd go as far as to say they are "beautiful".
DoctorNO
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Don't believe me then go or check my pictures when I come back.
I dont believe you so could I see your pictures too?
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DoctorNO)
I dont believe you so could I see your pictures too?
Sure you can. I'll post them on here.

I have a couple from what someone else took from last July. But when I come back I'll try and post a few on.

Hmm, it's only letting me post one. I'll try and post a few others on the next reply.
Attached files
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sure you can. I'll post them on here.

I have a couple from what someone else took from last July. But when I come back I'll try and post a few on.

Hmm, it's only letting me post one. I'll try and post a few others on the next reply.
Oooh, decent quality.

Oooh, nice.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oooh, decent quality.

Oooh, nice.
I have this really nice one of a mountain I've climbed but the file is too big! Well, I'll just post some more after my trip!
DoctorNO
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
VERY NICE!!!

<but something is terribly missing. ah well.>
DoctorNO
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
<double post>
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
VERY NICE!!!

<but something is terribly missing. ah well.> :rolleyes:
What do you mean, something is missing? I was trying to post Masada, but it won't attach.
DoctorNO
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What do you mean, something is missing? I was trying to post Masada, but it won't attach.
never mind, gems.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
never mind, gems.
Lol, OK. Maybe I'm just tired...
Jonatan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Didn't the Israelis stop the BBC reporting in certain places because apparently the BBC weren't being sympathetic enough?

Sorry, I'm just trying to get the facts here.
If we are going to discuss media censorship we should look a little on teh palestinian authorities...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (7)
30.43%
No (14)
60.87%
Don't know (2)
8.7%

Watched Threads