This discussion is closed.
JSM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Both sides are as bad as each other, in everything . . . alright a generalisation, but thats whar is needed
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
Both sides are as bad as each other, in everything . . . alright a generalisation, but thats whar is needed
Maybe they are, maybe they aren't...

It's just so complex.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
Dead bodies lying on the street? Not quite. The Israeli soldiers have not raided them at all. You show no knowledge of the subject at all, I'm afraid. The reason is it's not very pleasant is because it smells. I really don't know why it's like that at all. It's more of the old part of Jerusalem and not many people live there at all really. Well not on the street I went on.
old sewage system i guess.
J
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DoctorNO)
I said "ACTIVELY". In 1947 millions of Arabs did WILLINGLY ABANDON their lands at the signal of their military commanders.

It does happen from time to time. But they are rare.

I am honestly not aware of that.
abandon or die.
choose mofo
J
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
If the Israelis are searching for sympathy why did they stop the BBC from reporting in certain places?

That's just stupid. I think they'd rather it didn't happen than to gain sympahty.
or alternatively the scenes the bbc would get wouldn't get sympathy but more indignation
J
DoctorNO
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
abandon or die.
abandon or die being run down by the arab war machine of 1947.

be realistic, foolfarian, the jews back then are in no position to massacre hundreds of thousands of arabs. they are in no position to threaten them. the arab populace vacated in hopes that they wont get in the way of Allah's Jihad warriors.
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
abandon or die being run down by the arab war machine of 1947.

be realistic, foolfarian, the jews back then are in no position to massacre hundreds of thousands of arabs. they are in no position to threaten them. the arab populace vacated in hopes that they wont get in the way of Allah's Jihad warriors.
Jews of that age were using the equivalent of hunger strike to get what they wanted. Why do you think the British today are such pus*ys when it comes to illegal immigrants. (im sure Vienna has a view on this)
Key word 'Exodus'.
J
Ps O wait, Jamie knows history which you'll have to look up on google or altavista
pps
try a neutral site via google or altavista
DoctorNO
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Jews of that age were using the equivalent of hunger strike to get what they wanted.
What does "hunger strike" have to do with settling abandoned lands in 1947?
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
What does "hunger strike" have to do with settling abandoned lands in 1947?
they weren't abandoned. For the decades previous Jews had ben illegally migrating to palestine. The local Arab muslims (and christians for that matter) were non too pleased - neither were the British. WE started turning away ships. This continued for years (not unlike the australians with illegal immigrant boats) until a ship called the exodus.
look it up
J
DoctorNO
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
they weren't abandoned.
Im talking about the 1947 war where the arab military commanders advised the arabs to abandon their lands while they drive the Jews into the sea. Or are you not aware of that fact?

And what does "hunger strike" have to do with that?

If you are referring to another case wherein some jews stole the lands owned by somebody else then please prove your point. You are the postive claimant and the burden of proof is upon your shoulders. Dont ask your opponent to prove your point.
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
Im talking about the 1947 war where the arab military commanders advised the arabs to abandon their lands while they drive the Jews into the sea. Or are you not aware of that fact?

And what does "hunger strike" have to do with that?

If you are referring to another case wherein some jews stole the lands owned by somebody else then please prove your point. You are the postive claimant and the burden of proof is upon your shoulders. Dont ask your opponent to prove your point.
uck. very well.
The exodus was one of many ships filled with jewish illegal immigrants. There had already been some fighting in palestine because jews were arriving in their 1000s and the local infrastructure couldn't cope.
The exodus was trailed by british war ships who demanded they turned back. They refused. In the ened the british had to board the ship, and seize control. (killing 4 people and injuring over 20). The ship was then taken to france, but the jews refused to get off, and went onto hunger strike. it was then taken to germany (in biritsh hands by now) where they were forced off and distributed to other countries.
Indignation by other countries was extreme, causing the british to change their immigration policies (ie abandon all control) to the whim of the zionists who then came in droves and forced the british to give them what they so dearly sought.
Ever since, britain has let in every tom **** and harry into the country. (hence why i said vienna may have some vews on this)
Also ever since israel has grown and grown and grown.
And no amount of 'selling land' can excuse this. if a jew buys land in palestine it should be the Jew's land in palestine. NOT immediately a sovereign part of israel.
J
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
they weren't abandoned. For the decades previous Jews had ben illegally migrating to palestine. The local Arab muslims (and christians for that matter) were non too pleased - neither were the British. WE started turning away ships. This continued for years (not unlike the australians with illegal immigrant boats) until a ship called the exodus.
look it up
J
How was the Jewish migration illegal?
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
wow. that has actually stopped me dead. um. ill get back to you on that. I know it is, just like afghans coming into this country on the back of trucks is.
I guess its migration, and illegal because it is contrary to the law of the land, which restricts the numbers of people entering the country.
J
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
wow. that has actually stopped me dead. um. ill get back to you on that. I know it is, just like afghans coming into this country on the back of trucks is.
I guess its migration, and illegal because it is contrary to the law of the land, which restricts the numbers of people entering the country.
J
AH, alright...

So in the early-mid 20th century a load of Jews just decided to... go there? And they set up a country called Israel?

So do you believe it's all their fault?

We did have the "Do the Jews have a genuine claim to the land?" argument earlier in this thread I believe.
Sweetpeaz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
J
"Following World War II, the British withdrew from their mandate of Palestine, and the UN partitioned the area into Arab AND Jewish states"
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sweetpeaz)
"Following World War II, the British withdrew from their mandate of Palestine, and the UN partitioned the area into Arab AND Jewish states"
They did. And the Jews took the land that they had been designated, plus some Palestinian land which they gave back, I believe.
DoctorNO
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
if a jew buys land in palestine it should be the Jew's land in palestine. NOT immediately a sovereign part of israel.
AGREED!

The exodus was one of many ships filled with jewish illegal immigrants. There had already been some fighting in palestine because jews were arriving in their 1000s and the local infrastructure couldn't cope.
The exodus was trailed by british war ships who demanded they turned back. They refused. In the ened the british had to board the ship, and seize control. (killing 4 people and injuring over 20). The ship was then taken to france, but the jews refused to get off, and went onto hunger strike. it was then taken to germany (in biritsh hands by now) where they were forced off and distributed to other countries.
Indignation by other countries was extreme, causing the british to change their immigration policies (ie abandon all control) to the whim of the zionists who then came in droves and forced the british to give them what they so dearly sought.
Ever since, britain has let in every tom **** and harry into the country. (hence why i said vienna may have some vews on this)
Also ever since israel has grown and grown and grown.
Oooh now I remember. But I still dont see its connection with landgrabbings. Palestine at that time had some 700,000 arabs living in it. Which is still way too small to settle the entire land. The jewish immigrants mostly settled on unsettled land. They even drained swamplands. Perhaps there are some very small cases of land grabbing but that cannot be used to condemn the whole.
DoctorNO
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
The british struck a deal with the arabs to make it illegal, some time in the 30s. But it didnt work. Jews still poured in by whatever means.
Jonatan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
J
Well, you can hardly blame the Jews for migrating into palestine. I mean, it was either that or remaining in Europe which was occupied by teh nazis. These peopel did not simply go there cus they wanted social benefits or better work conditions, they fled because they had no choice. Britain and the US only accepted that many refugees during WW2 so most Jews still remaining in Europe culd choose between Jerusalem and Auschwitz. Not a very difficult choice to make if you ask me... Also, the Jews which emigrated before the outburst of WW2 did it for the very same reason. Antisemitism. Anstisemitism was increasing in Europe ( culminating in the holocoust during WW2) and as many Jews beleived that britain were going to declare a portion of Palestine a Jewish state they moved there.
DoctorNO
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Jonatan)
These peopel did not simply go there cus they wanted social benefits or better work conditions, they fled because they had no choice.
And dont forget that Jews are also oppressed in the Islamic states around arabia and north africa.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (7)
30.43%
No (14)
60.87%
Don't know (2)
8.7%

Watched Threads