This discussion is closed.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DoctorNO)
Thats only one side of this complicated equation. For there is another rule, "stolen property is not legitimate property".

The Jews are the original owners of that land. How do you like being expelled from everything that you own and only have an opportunity to reclaim it after 40 years? and then be denied your rights simply because somebody else held your properties for far too long?
I don't think in the bible the land was unoccopied when the jews even got there
J
adelz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
I don't think in the bible the land was unoccopied when the jews even got there
J
Nope it wasnt. It was inhabited by the Caanites first.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
You seriously cannot be comparing a stolen car to the lives of millions of people. The Israelis inhabited the land for a couple of centuries 2 or 3 millenia ago. Since then it has been inhabited, owned, developed and worked on by the Palestinian people. They have been there for WAY longer than the Jewish people. The Jews cannot have a claim to Israel because accordinding to their holy book their ancestors lived there 2 or 3 thousand years ago.
That's a good point.

The Jews lived there for only a few centuries? Are you sure?

When you can't decide who rightfully owns the land, is the best thing to do to look at who occupied it and developed it for longer?
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I found an interesting article:

http://www.aish.com/jewishissues/mid...i-Zionists.asp

It's a pro-Jew argument about why the Jews did deserve to have the state of Israel established.

It still leaves me wondering, why did it have to be Israel and not another place where they wouldn't be kicking so many people out of their land?

How does one religion / race deserving land justify them kicking out the Palestinian families who had comfortably lived there for hundreds of years?

Saturday morning. Too early for politics...
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
I found an interesting article:

http://www.aish.com/jewishissues/mid...i-Zionists.asp

It's a pro-Jew argument about why the Jews did deserve to have the state of Israel established.

It still leaves me wondering, why did it have to be Israel and not another place where they wouldn't be kicking so many people out of their land?

How does one religion / race deserving land justify them kicking out the Palestinian families who had comfortably lived there for hundreds of years?

Saturday morning. Too early for politics...
It had to be Israel because they think its their promised land *religious crap :\*
It doesnt justify them kicking out palestinian families.
Can you send me the text of that article in a PM or email please ? (the site is proxied here)
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
It had to be Israel because they think its their promised land *religious crap :\*
It doesnt justify them kicking out palestinian families.
Can you send me the text of that article in a PM or email please ? (the site is proxied here)
Sorry for being late.

Attached as requested.

It's quite long.
Attached files
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sorry for being late.

Attached as requested.

It's quite long.
lol late for what :P
Thanks for the request.
Bah, Ive been trying to reply to your previous post and I keep on getting timeout errors (PHP error)
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
lol late for what :P
Thanks for the request.
Bah, Ive been trying to reply to your previous post and I keep on getting timeout errors (PHP error)
Wierd, wierd.

So if you say that it didn't justify the Jews kicking out the Palestinians, do you still believe that the Jews needed a safe country to go to to escape the antisemitism and stuff.

But the stuff about it having to be Israel... well I don't know many Jewish people but even this Jewish guy I know says that Zionism is racist.
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ive been trying for ages to post my reply to your previous post thefish_uk , but I keep on getting an error saying "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/www/html/sites/uk-learning.net/includes/functions.php on line 2798". So, Ive attached it.
Attached files
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Wierd, wierd.

So if you say that it didn't justify the Jews kicking out the Palestinians, do you still believe that the Jews needed a safe country to go to to escape the antisemitism and stuff.
I really dont know, I dont know much on the actual jewish issue and their problems but well .. the Nazis persecute them, but the Nazi regime fell and the majority of people perceived the Jews as normal people - lots of countries infact saved their jews from nazi persecution so no, I dont really believe they needed a new country. A country cannot be formed on the grounds of religion, in my humble opinion.

But the stuff about it having to be Israel... well I don't know many Jewish people but even this Jewish guy I know says that Zionism is racist.
Yeah, Ive got this Israeli soldier "friend" (from ICQ) who is doing compulsory army service and says that he really does not agree with it all.... Different people have different opinions.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
What you have to look at is the near past and future to find out the root of the problem.
(that's taken from his latest reply that he attached to his message)

Yes, I try to do that, but if the Jews start bringing in religious / historical references we need to consider those too; otherwise they can say we aren't looking at the full picture.

(Original post by adelz)
A country cannot be formed on the grounds of religion, in my humble opinion.
I agree with this. To me, the whole concept of organised religion or countries having "official" religions are stupid.
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(that's taken from his latest reply that he attached to his message)

Yes, I try to do that, but if the Jews start bringing in religious / historical references we need to consider those too; otherwise they can say we aren't looking at the full picture.

I agree with this. To me, the whole concept of organised religion or countries having "official" religions are stupid.
Yes, I agree I suppose. We must look at the whole picture to please the jews - and prove them wrong :P lol ..
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
Yes, I agree I suppose. We must look at the whole picture to please the jews - and prove them wrong :P lol ..
lol maybe...

Well it's only the Zionists that believed that they had to move back to Israel, right? And many Jews don't like the Zionists anyway.
_EMMA_
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

that's a modern thought, asked a hundred years ago and the answer wouldn't be the same, you don't even have to go back a hundred
btw i agree
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by _EMMA_)
that's a modern thought, asked a hundred years ago and the answer wouldn't be the same, you don't even have to go back a hundred
btw i agree
Thanks

In the past you could be shot for saying anything like that.
_EMMA_
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Thanks

In the past you could be shot for saying anything like that.
yeah, in the past there were also religion vs religion, still is today but now it is also science vs religion
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah, in the past there were also religion vs religion, still is today but now it is also science vs religion
And science has logic on its side.

And all people who dismiss science to believe religion fully are idiots, if you ask me.
_EMMA_
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
And science has logic on its side.

And all people who dismiss science to believe religion fully are idiots, if you ask me.
in a way i admire people who are so religious that they believe in things like "let nature take it's course" even though they can do something about it, conjoined twins for example.

and i think they are stupid for trusting and putting their whole lifes in a belief.
aurorascopic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
but also, there are many religious scholars who link science with religion....i mean after all, science IS the observation of the world and all tht is around, and according to one who believes in a god, it was god who created the world and everything within.....
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
in a way i admire people who are so religious that they believe in things like "let nature take it's course" even though they can do something about it, conjoined twins for example.

and i think they are stupid for trusting and putting their whole lifes in a belief.
Yeah.

Blind, fanatical faith is something I despise. Pure ignorance. At the same time I almost feel sorry for people like that.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads