Israel Watch

This discussion is closed.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by DoctorNO)
nothin. i was just clarifying a fact. thats all.
Is this thread totally drying up then?
adelz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Well ... I dont know if thats a good or bad thing ... Its bad because we wont have the fun-filled debates ... but .. its good because we dont have to argue, fight and people are less likely to get offended !
Anyway, Im planning on starting up a site on the Palestinian israeli conflict where people can debate, articles can be posted and people can comment on current conflicts. Its been a project in my mind for ages that Ive never gotten around to doing but ... well .. this thread has inspired me !
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
Well ... I dont know if thats a good or bad thing ... Its bad because we wont have the fun-filled debates ... but .. its good because we dont have to argue, fight and people are less likely to get offended !
Anyway, Im planning on starting up a site on the Palestinian israeli conflict where people can debate, articles can be posted and people can comment on current conflicts. Its been a project in my mind for ages that Ive never gotten around to doing but ... well .. this thread has inspired me !
Wow.

You'll have to make me a username on there . And one for Gems, too.
DoctorNO
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
no, its not true, its not a fact.
Then please read back and refute my historical references. Good luck, mate. Denials wont do you any good.
DoctorNO
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
As far as I am concerned, yes. Unless somebody comes up with something new to me.
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Then please read back and refute my historical references. Good luck, mate. Denials wont do you any good.
well it 21.30 right now and I have to have dinner AND I have school tommorow so ... not today .. but how about YOU give us evidence to support your statement. Thats how its usually done.
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Wow.

You'll have to make me a username on there . And one for Gems, too.
itll be a forum, like this, people will have to sign up ... Ill work on it this weekend. (thurs & friday here)
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
As far as I am concerned, yes. Unless somebody comes up with something new to me.
Right... so what's the latest debate on exactly?

The last debate I remember seeing was whether or not the Jews deserved the land that they took back in 1948.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
itll be a forum, like this, people will have to sign up ... Ill work on it this weekend. (thurs & friday here)
Great. Should be interesting.
Sweetpeaz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How about this: (I posted something of this sort a while ago but I don't think anyone replied...)

The whole palestinian-israeli problem will be solved if the israelis settled in a new country (where.. thats another problem..) and the palestinians had their land back. debate!
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sweetpeaz)
How about this: (I posted something of this sort a while ago but I don't think anyone replied...)

The whole palestinian-israeli problem will be solved if the israelis settled in a new country (where.. thats another problem..) and the palestinians had their land back. debate!
That's a discussion we've had already. Well, kinda. We've debated whether or not the Jews had a right to specifically Israel - we pretty much agreed they needed somewhere to go to escape antisemitism.

Interesting. Removing for now the logistical difficulties, such as transporting millions of people, what do people think of that idea?
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

the biggest myth going.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
the biggest myth going.
yes, it would solve a whole different problem. and while i understand that the isreali's and their gov. have caused a fertile envirornment for suicide bombing, im still highly sympathetic to isreal when they get attacked. i mean its really sad, i saw a specail on suicide bomobing (on the history channel) and they interviewed two mom's whose daughters who'd been best friends, and how both the girls both died from the same attack. and they had been sitting there, innocently eating a pizza!
Sweetpeaz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That's a discussion we've had already. Well, kinda. We've debated whether or not the Jews had a right to specifically Israel - we pretty much agreed they needed somewhere to go to escape antisemitism.

Interesting. Removing for now the logistical difficulties, such as transporting millions of people, what do people think of that idea?
I personally think if an "empty" area of land was found for a New Israel to be formed, it just might solve all the problems. I mean, its current location isn't good for anyone.

For Israel, its in the middle of arab countries, all of whom are or have been hostile at some point in history. For the palestinians, its in their country..

Moving israel, as big and unrealistic a task as it may be, might be a solution for peace. however, there is always the problem of the extreme zionists to deal with.......
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I personally think if an "empty" area of land was found for a New Israel to be formed, it just might solve all the problems. I mean, its current location isn't good for anyone.

For Israel, its in the middle of arab countries, all of whom are or have been hostile at some point in history. For the palestinians, its in their country..

Moving israel, as big and unrealistic a task as it may be, might be a solution for peace. however, there is always the problem of the extreme zionists to deal with.......
Yeah. Maybe they should have found somewhere uninhabited in the first place.

However Israel does have historic and religious significance for the Jews. And from what I've heard it's a beautiful country, far too nice to be allowed to be neglected in the hands of an undeveloped state.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

i dont think thats fair. the isrealis cannot be moved now, they've already been there 50 years. i would actually like to see the palestinians moved to saudi arabia or the nearby arab countries. they are living in refugee camps in isreal and in anouther country they would have better living standards.

but then i am in the opinion that if we were meant to have world peace, after about 4000 years of cilvilazation we would have found it.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

However Israel does have historic and religious significance for the Jews. And from what I've heard it's a beautiful country, far too nice to be allowed to be neglected in the hands of an undeveloped state.
the problem is that jerusalem is a very holy city for christians jews and muslims.....

personally i think the city should not be owned by anybody, but be controlled by the UN, so no country could claim that it had rights to it because of religion, then everyone would be able to visit, and if they choose, live there.
Sweetpeaz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeah... some little island which no man has ever inhabited... lol...

It is a beautiful country, but i'm sure the israelis could start over and make a new place beautiful too. if the land became neglected at the hands of the palestinians, then that would be really sad, but at least there will be peace .. i guess...
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
the problem is that jerusalem is a very holy city for christians jews and muslims.....

personally i think the city should not be owned by anybody, but be controlled by the UN, so no country could claim that it had rights to it because of religion, then everyone would be able to visit, and if they choose, live there.
Yeah but the thing is that the UN don't directly control cities, do they? The nearest they have is "Mandate control" where they give responsibility to another country to look after.

And there aren't many countries that wouldn't be biased in some way.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It is a beautiful country, but i'm sure the israelis could start over and make a new place beautiful too. if the land became neglected at the hands of the palestinians, then that would be really sad, but at least there will be peace .. i guess...
Yes, but the thing is that it's the landscape and stuff too, you can't reproduce that somewhere else.

Also many of the buildings and culture, especially in places like Jerusalem, have been around for a thousand years or more.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (667)
80.75%
Leave (159)
19.25%

Watched Threads