Israel Watch

This discussion is closed.
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Yeah but the thing is that the UN don't directly control cities, do they? The nearest they have is "Mandate control" where they give responsibility to another country to look after.

And there aren't many countries that wouldn't be biased in some way.
maybe france should control it! :rolleyes:
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
maybe france should control it! :rolleyes:
Oh hell. Please!

Anyway if it were controlled by the UN it'd be full of blue peacekeeping troops rather than the traditional culture. Or not.

I thought Jerusalem was an open city as it is, anyway.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh hell. Please!

Anyway if it were controlled by the UN it'd be full of blue peacekeeping troops rather than the traditional culture. Or not.

I thought Jerusalem was an open city as it is, anyway.
no...its isreals capital currently. which really pisses off palestinians!
DoctorNO
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sweetpeaz)
How about this: (I posted something of this sort a while ago but I don't think anyone replied...)

The whole palestinian-israeli problem will be solved if the israelis settled in a new country (where.. thats another problem..) and the palestinians had their land back. debate!
The only open country today is Antarctica. And its hostile to human life. And so I dont think your proposal is realistic.
Sweetpeaz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by DoctorNO)
The only open country today is Antarctica. And its hostile to human life. And so I dont think your proposal is realistic.
maybe when settlements will start on the moon, new land will be available :rolleyes:
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
maybe when settlements will start on the moon, new land will be available :rollseye:
Actually, one of my friends wants to become a multi-millionaire and build a railway to the moon and build a city there under a huge dome...

His name is Inderpal. If you hear of a great businessman called Inderpal when you're older, it might be him.
Sweetpeaz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Actually, one of my friends wants to become a multi-millionaire and build a railway to the moon and build a city there under a huge dome...

His name is Inderpal. If you hear of a great businessman called Inderpal when you're older, it might be him.
LOL! sounds like science fiction at the moment though! so maybe my suggestion isnt that unrealistic afterall
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
LOL! sounds like science fiction at the moment though! so maybe my suggestion isnt that unrealistic afterall
yeah, but i have a feeling the isrealis like it where they are.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah. It's a nice place, so I'm told. I don't think I'd want to be kicked out 50 years after planting my ass there after I was told by the UN I could do so.
Sweetpeaz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
but then again, if no-one's gonna budge, nothing will be sorted out. the palestinians will keep bombing, the israelis will keep to their land... nothing will ever change if no-one is willing to do anything towards the other!
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
but then again, if no-one's gonna budge, nothing will be sorted out. the palestinians will keep bombing, the israelis will keep to their land... nothing will ever change if no-one is willing to do anything towards the other!
The Israelis are willing to give away land I think. They're signing away some of the Golan Heights to keep peace with Syria as it is.
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
OHHHhhhh yeah ! the argument has restarted ! woohoo ! bring it on biyatches ! .. errrr.. anyway.. Im too sleepy now to reply !I ll post tommoorw. ..But, in response to moving Israel .. YEAH ! ship them off to sealand !
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
OHHHhhhh yeah ! the argument has restarted ! woohoo ! bring it on biyatches ! .. errrr.. anyway.. Im too sleepy now to reply !I ll post tommoorw. ..But, in response to moving Israel .. YEAH ! ship them off to sealand !
Are you sure?

I thought Sealand was an abandoned North Sea oilrig where they offered to keep stuff at top security.
Sweetpeaz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The Israelis are willing to give away land I think. They're signing away some of the Golan Heights to keep peace with Syria as it is.
its such a tiny county, every bit they give away is relatively huge. I'm really saddened to see any of the land given away.
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Are you sure?

I thought Sealand was an abandoned North Sea oilrig where they offered to keep stuff at top security.
PRECISELY !!
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
its such a tiny county, every bit they give away is relatively huge. I'm really saddened to see any of the land given away.
OH shut up :| The land belonged to Palestinians, it got taken away from them. They own a fifth of what they used to own, even though their population is much larger than Israels. Israel own the majority of the developed & fertile areas. Bah . Saddened. .. Boohoo .
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
PRECISELY !!
Oh. Dodg-eeeeeee. That wouldn't solve that many problems, eh?

Anyway, this is going to be my last post on here for a while... well for a few days anyway. I have a lot of work to do. I've spent far too much time today on UKL as well. Far too much time.

See ya!
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh. Dodg-eeeeeee. That wouldn't solve that many problems, eh?

Anyway, this is going to be my last post on here for a while... well for a few days anyway. I have a lot of work to do. I've spent far too much time today on UKL as well. Far too much time.

See ya!
hehehe Im just messing :P Anyway, see you ..
Sweetpeaz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
OH shut up :| The land belonged to Palestinians, it got taken away from them. They own a fifth of what they used to own, even though their population is much larger than Israels. Israel own the majority of the developed & fertile areas. Bah . Saddened. .. Boohoo .
just coz the palestinians have "own a fifth of what they used to" , (which is really sad!) doesn't make it less sad for the israelis to give up their land. put urself in their shoes, it has been their home for 50 years.... how would you feel if you had to give up your room ,which you decorated and made up to your taste etc, back to the people you bought your house from?
DoctorNO
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The number of Jews who fled the arab lands are almost of similar proportions to the original Palestinian refugees. So why wont the Arab nations absorb these refugees to refill the vacancies left by the jews?

What do you think?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.09%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.38%
No I don't (547)
48.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise