Israel Watch

This discussion is closed.
Sweetpeaz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by DoctorNO)
The number of Jews who fled the arab lands are almost of similar proportions to the original Palestinian refugees. So why wont the Arab nations absorb these refugees to refill the vacancies left by the jews?

What do you think?
good question! probably because the palestians don't want to move, even if there is space. they want israel and thats it. or they can't afford to move i.e. don't have the money to buy a plane ticket and house in a new country
DoctorNO
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sweetpeaz)
good question! probably because the palestians don't want to move, even if there is space. they want israel and thats it. or they can't afford to move i.e. don't have the money to buy a plane ticket and house in a new country
Refugees have been able to cross great oceans and deserts. Palestinian refugees have been blocked or driven back in lebanon, syria & jordan. So that answers the question about their desire to live elsewhere.

Also if its only a matter of "plane tickets" I dont see why thats a problem to the wealthy Israelis, Americans, EU & Saudi Arabs!

Why?
Sweetpeaz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Palestinian refugees have been blocked or driven back in lebanon, syria & jordan.
yes i remember reading an article about this. does seem strange that the palestinians were turned away by their fellow arab countries. you would have thought they'd be shown more sympathy than that.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 14 years ago
Refugees have been able to cross great oceans and deserts. Palestinian refugees have been blocked or driven back in lebanon, syria & jordan. So that answers the question about their desire to live elsewhere.

Also if its only a matter of "plane tickets" I dont see why thats a problem to the wealthy Israelis, Americans, EU & Saudi Arabs!

Why?
Many thousands of refugees die each year such as on the mexico border, leaving cuba, and crossing the straits of gibralter.
Are you saying that because the palestinians are turned back before dying that they don't want their freedom as much?
I really don't like your view of humanity...
J
Sweetpeaz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
Are you saying that because the palestinians are turned back before dying that they don't want their freedom as much?

J
I think he's saying WHY are they turned back... why do you think they are turned away foolfarian?
DoctorNO
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Im only saying that its quite natural for refugees to do everything possible to live a normal life in another country. The palestinian refugees did try to settle into neighboring states but were forcefully repulsed.

I really don't like your view of humanity...
J
What do you think are my views of humanity? I think its just misunderstandings between you and me.

Peace.
DoctorNO
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think he's saying WHY are they turned back... why do you think they are turned away foolfarian?

Yeah why? North America, Europe, Australia, the Philippines, heck even Japan are admitting refugees. Why wont the Arabs?
arabian_prince
Report 14 years ago
just coz the palestinians have "own a fifth of what they used to" , (which is really sad!) doesn't make it less sad for the israelis to give up their land. put urself in their shoes, it has been their home for 50 years.... how would you feel if you had to give up your room ,which you decorated and made up to your taste etc, back to the people you bought your house from?

errm dey didnt pay for it in the first place....and they'd only b givin up after livin for 50 yrs....whereas the Palestinians hav bin livin there for centuries...can u imagine wot they felt like wen their homes/land were taken over.....

it makes it even worse...most of the arable farm, fertile land has been taken over by islraelis........dats y the palestinians r poor......many of the big companies r locate din Israel...n the palestinians arent allowed to work there (discrimination) ....... so dats y dey r poor!!!!!!!!!!
marfan8
Report 14 years ago
Anyone that is anti-israel is either Anti-semitic or completly ignorent to the history of the creation of Israel but there is no point to try to explain anything to these people because they obnoxiesly refuse to let anything in to there narrow minded brain
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by marfan8)
Anyone that is anti-israel is either Anti-semitic or completly ignorent to the history of the creation of Israel but there is no point to try to explain anything to these people because they obnoxiesly refuse to let anything in to there narrow minded brain
Can someone please explain what this guy is on about?

I'm not anti-Israel. I don't like Zionism though.

You remind me of the guy who said anti-Zionism = anti-semitism. Who was that... Ah it was Ariel Sharon I believe.
marfan8
Report 14 years ago
Your letter just shows your iggnorence, Zionism does not exict anymore, you probably dont even know what zionism means,
If you don't know history of Israel you don't have an opinian on it, you just parrot what other people say

(Original post by thefish_uk)
Can someone please explain what this guy is on about?

I'm not anti-Israel. I don't like Zionism though.

You remind me of the guy who said anti-Zionism = anti-semitism. Who was that... Ah it was Ariel Sharon I believe.
adelz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Your letter just shows your iggnorence, Zionism does not exict anymore, you probably dont even know what zionism means,
If you don't know history of Israel you don't have an opinian on it, you just parrot what other people say
Actually, you are wrong marfan8, your letter shows YOUR ignorance.
Zionism does exist.
(Original post by dictionary.com)
Zi·on·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (z-nzm)
n.
A Jewish movement that arose in the late 19th century in response to growing anti-Semitism and sought to reestablish a Jewish homeland in Palestine. Modern Zionism is concerned with the support and development of the state of Israel.
Ive highlighted what is of importance to you.

I know the history of Israel and I have an opinion on it, which is ANTI ZIONISTIC but NOT anti-semitic - so I don't support Zionism but I think that Jews should not be prejudiced etc. - though I dont think they had the right to go into Palestine and establish a homeland there.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Zionism is the belief that it is a Jew's duty to settle in Israel, right? And the Zionists were the people who planned the state of Israel.

So what's your opinion on Israel then?
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
zionism does not exist? What are you doing here insulting fish when you´re obviously just guessing yourself.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I thought Zionism was the belief that the state of Israel should exist in Palestine.
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Zionism is the belief that it is a Jew's duty to settle in Israel, right? And the Zionists were the people who planned the state of Israel.

So what's your opinion on Israel then?
thefish_uk please reply to my PM !
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ben2111)
zionism does not exist? What are you doing here insulting fish when you´re obviously just guessing yourself.
Exactly.
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
I thought Zionism was the belief that the state of Israel should exist in Palestine.
"Zi·on·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (z-nzm)
n.
A Jewish movement that arose in the late 19th century in response to growing anti-Semitism and sought to reestablish a Jewish homeland in Palestine. Modern Zionism is concerned with the support and development of the state of Israel."

From dictionary.com
marfan8
Report 14 years ago
Ok let me clarify
I used to be a ultra religious hassidic religious Jew and I have been to Israel A lot.
Zionist basically are non-religious jewish people who belive in the right to return, that kind of jews used to be around in the 50ies but they don't exict anymore, they only want Israel as a country for themself and 99.99% of people don't understand anything about Israel
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ok let me clarify
I used to be a ultra religious hassidic religious Jew and I have been to Israel A lot.
Zionist basically are non-religious jewish people who belive in the right to return, that kind of jews used to be around in the 50ies but they don't exict anymore, they only want Israel as a country for themself and 99.99% of people don't understand anything about Israel
No they do exist, Ive posted you the definition of zionism.
Because you are a ultra religious hassidic religious Jew and have been to ISrael a lot does not mean you know the situation. You need to have been to both palestine and israel and seen / heard both sides in order to understand the issue properly. Though I do agree that 99.99 % dont understand anything about the CONFLICT.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (664)
80.68%
Leave (159)
19.32%

Watched Threads