This discussion is closed.
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
Yes but Muffle wasn't trying to claim that it was. Why don't you address the point she actually made?
eh?

Muffle - " this isnt acceptable: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3436561.stm"

i addressed the point. instead of nitpicking with GemGems why not discuss the points i have raised?
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
No-one 'has' to kill. The Palestinians want back what is theirs, and the Israelis don't want to hand back land that isn't theirs.
no. this point has already been dealt with.
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
They're not all innocent - they support a racist appartheid state.
Israel racist?! How could Israel possibly be racist when it welcomes ALL religions? Muslims, Christians and Jews live in Israel! And many other religions visit Israel as tourists! How could you possibly say Israel is racist? Israel is the victim of racism! Get your facts right.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
They're not all innocent - they support a racist appartheid state.
the point remains, Israel attacks militants, the terrorists attack civilians.
apartheid? there are two individual states here. israel is seperating itself from another not internally.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
Israel racist?! How could Israel possibly be racist when it welcomes ALL religions? Muslims, Christians and Jews live in Israel! And many other religions visit Israel as tourists! How could you possibly say Israel is racist? Israel is the victim of racism! Get your facts right.
Get your facts right. Israel is a racist society towards Palestinians. Palestinians don't have the same rights as Israeli's - racist.

Israel is not a victim of racism, it plays a part in the racism directed at Palestinians

Last year, in a poll, Europeans called Israel the biggest threat to world peace, ahead of the US, Iran and North Korea.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Get your facts right. Israel is a racist society towards Palestinians. Palestinians don't have the same rights as Israeli's - racist.

Israel is not a victim of racism, it plays a part in the racism directed at Palestinians
So explain why there's so many anti-Israel people, like yourself, saying offensive things about Israel.
Israel are no way racist. Israel tries to help them, they tried to help Iran but they got rejected. Sick.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
the point remains, Israel attacks militants, the terrorists attack civilians.
apartheid? there are two individual states here. israel is seperating itself from another not internally.
Is Palestine a state?
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
So explain why there's so many anti-Israel people, like yourself, saying offensive things about Israel.
Israel are no way racist. Israel tries to help them, they tried to help Iran but they got rejected. Sick.
I'm sorry if you find it offensive, but I believe it to be true. I believe that the Israeli government has a racist policy towards Palestinians.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm sorry if you find it offensive, but I believe it to be true. I believe that the Israeli government has a racist policy towards Palestinians.
Fine, ok. I guess that's your opinion then but I totally disagree with Israel being racist when they are the victims. As Israel mainly has Jews, who are victims of racism with anti-semitism, I don't think that Israel would be racist themselves after having all that abuse. Just the opposite. There are loads of Jewish/Israeli societies that try and prevent and stop racism. They have meetings with all different religions there to meet and mix.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Fine, ok. I guess that's your opinion then but I totally disagree with Israel being racist when they are the victims. As Israel mainly has Jews, who are victims of racism with anti-semitism, I don't think that Israel would be racist themselves after having all that abuse. Just the opposite. There are loads of Jewish/Israeli societies that try and prevent and stop racism. They have meetings with all different religions there to meet and mix.
Arabs are semits too.
There are Israeli terrorist groups and in the very rising of the Israel nation there were a lot of terrorist acts in both sides.

Sharon is war criminal.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
yes, as i said "not yours"(not Israels) as defined by the UN. what is there to check?

Hamas is an internationally recognised terrorist unit, its intent is quite clear to me to the US, to the UN.

they want all of it, thats the problem, they dont want Israel to exist.
and if he's talking about settling for a provisional withdrawal, why did Hamas jeopardise the roadmap peace talks by sending more suicide bombers? Israel was ready to agree to a deal.
You'll recall that Israel broke the agreement first. And then the palestinians didn't want to lose face so it all flared up again.
Seems to me that if each could figure out how to turn the other cheek for 2 weeks there would be alot less problems
J
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
You'll recall that Israel broke the agreement first. And then the palestinians didn't want to lose face so it all flared up again.
Seems to me that if each could figure out how to turn the other cheek for 2 weeks there would be alot less problems
J
Aye, perhaps they need a 'Gunnar'.
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
No, indeed it's UK fault. The road-map would be good if palestine people want it, as I said before is logic that they want their land back and not just an agreement.
ETA? I'm not from Spain ... the ETA conflict is different in all ways.
I know that you don't ever mentioned Ireland, give that back please...

And yes, you are a pirate, because you are defending UK for stealing Falklands, Israel for stealing Palestine... UK has a really nice tradition of pirates, I hope that the surname Drake brings you some up to you...
Good god. This is why palestine is never going to get any better (bear with me here)
Eternal Idol was obviously brought up in Argentina where the kids are taught absolute lies in school about the Falkland war, and general history of the islands. I know what I was taught is right, because it's the same version of history as is taught in SPAIN, France, portugal etc.

However, if you learn something all through school, you are loathe to change your mind.
In Israel kids are being indoctrinated with the idea that all palestinians hate israelis and are a threat.
In palestine kids are being taught that Israeli are the cruel oppressors who drove them off their lush lands and into dank refugee camps.

There can be no peace until ALL children are taught the impartial truth.
J
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Good god. This is why palestine is never going to get any better (bear with me here)
Eternal Idol was obviously brought up in Argentina where the kids are taught absolute lies in school about the Falkland war, and general history of the islands. I know what I was taught is right, because it's the same version of history as is taught in SPAIN, France, portugal etc.

However, if you learn something all through school, you are loathe to change your mind.
In Israel kids are being indoctrinated with the idea that all palestinians hate israelis and are a threat.
In palestine kids are being taught that Israeli are the cruel oppressors who drove them off their lush lands and into dank refugee camps.

There can be no peace until ALL children are taught the impartial truth.
J
quite.
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
If I was iran i wouldnt want a bunch of israelis in my country either! Its like a cold wa America letting in a group of Russians! But of course the offer had to be made (though it was utterly absurd) just so it's the Iranians that look bad.
And all things considered, Israel gets cack loads of Aid from the US, so who are they to offer aid...
And point of note. I know Jewish and Muslim guys (don't know any jewish girls as far as I know tho) I like them all (cept one muslim guy who acts a bit of a n0b sometimes) Anyway, so I can't be accused of being racist or anything but impartial. You it seems are far from impartial. Therfore you'll forgive me if I take what you say with somewhat of a raised eyebrow
J
TK0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If I was iran i wouldnt want a bunch of israelis in my country either! Its like a cold wa America letting in a group of Russians! But of course the offer had to be made (though it was utterly absurd) just so it's the Iranians that look bad.
And all things considered, Israel gets cack loads of Aid from the US, so who are they to offer aid...
And point of note. I know Jewish and Muslim guys (don't know any jewish girls as far as I know tho) I like them all (cept one muslim guy who acts a bit of a n0b sometimes) Anyway, so I can't be accused of being racist or anything but impartial. You it seems are far from impartial. Therfore you'll forgive me if I take what you say with somewhat of a raised eyebrow
J
I have noticed a disturbing trend in the Uk - where any public figure who voices their opinion - many sensible opinions in my view, are instantly done away with - eg killroy (although he is an idiot) and there was that female MP who made a comment that if she was a palestinian she would feel like attacking israel. Anyway agree with these opinions or not, provided they are not illegal - it is worrying that people are done away with. we are in danger of becoming too sensitive

the middle east is an appalling situation, israel particularly has much to answer for.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

what? Arab Israelis have the same rights as any other Israeli. Non-Muslim have practically no rights in palestine. Palestinians dont have the same rights on Israeli soil as the French dont have on Briitsh soil.

so, how exactly are they racist?

Last year, in a poll, Europeans called Israel the biggest threat to world peace, ahead of the US, Iran and North Korea.
hehe, and by 2020 90% of Europe will hate Israel and the US. its based on prejudice and sentiment not on fact. im surprised you had the idiocy to raise such a point.
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How is using Apache helicopters and F16 fighter jets both supplied by the US against Palestine a morally acceptable policy. The use of these tactics and the shooting of stone throwing teenagers by Israeli snipers is disraceful. The Palestines have suffered national depossion, humiliation and slaugher.

The apeal of extremel groups like Hamas as only occured since the Isreali's denied any progress to be made when the nationalist and more central groups were in charge. since that failed due to the fact Israel wouldnt make an concessions, people have restorted to suciede bombing and the Israeli's have responded with the illegal occupation of palestine. this may prevent some suceide bombers have its going to lead to more in the future as resentment bulids up. It has also left many palestinians innocents (yes like the inoccents killed by the suicide bombers) dead.

Since the camp david talks 3 times more palestinians have been killed than isreali's. i think that last fact speaks volumes.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Is Palestine a state?
not officially, but the region is independent of Israeli jurisdiction and seperated on terms of nationality and territorial division not race.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well that's just stupid because Israel was trying to be peaceful to the Iranians by offering help. For goodness sake, thousands of people were killed in the Iran earthquake, many countries offered to help including Israel even though they aren't exactly at peace. By offering help, it shows they are trying to make peace and not hold a grudge against them. But they just rejected, you'd think they'd accept the help to accept the peace if not get all the help they can.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (153)
60.96%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.38%
No- I want it (70)
27.89%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.77%

Watched Threads