This discussion is closed.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
Well that's just stupid because Israel was trying to be peaceful to the Iranians by offering help. For goodness sake, thousands of people were killed in the Iran earthquake, many countries offered to help including Israel even though they aren't exactly at peace. By offering help, it shows they are trying to make peace and not hold a grudge against them. But they just rejected, you'd think they'd accept the help to accept the peace if not get all the help they can.
Well all things considered they had alot of countries offer help, they didn't need Israelis there. Besides, think how much man power would be needed to protect them from random Jew hating Iranians. Same reason for refusing US help. The brits have a better relationship anyway, and we were the first country to send help - and one of few to send help within the crucial 48 hours
J
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
How is using Apache helicopters and F16 fighter jets both supplied by the US against Palestine a morally acceptable policy. The use of these tactics and the shooting of stone throwing teenagers by Israeli snipers is disraceful. The Palestines have suffered national depossion, humiliation and slaugher.

The apeal of extremel groups like Hamas as only occured since the Isreali's denied any progress to be made when the nationalist and more central groups were in charge. since that failed due to the fact Israel wouldnt make an concessions, people have restorted to suciede bombing and the Israeli's have responded with the illegal occupation of palestine. this may prevent some suceide bombers have its going to lead to more in the future as resentment bulids up. It has also left many palestinians innocents (yes like the inoccents killed by the suicide bombers) dead.

Since the camp david talks 3 times more palestinians have been killed than isreali's. i think that last fact speaks volumes.
this is addressed to everyone but especially posts like this. it is like listening to a broken record, constantly reading the same regurgitated comments about how many Palestinians have been killed, look what they did here, Sharon did this..etc. everyone has their opinion, but when the majority of those are hashed together with a quick blind raid on google, i fail to see how it furthers the argument. Almost everyone is aware of the problems that exist in a humanitarian sense on both sides. what i hope these threads might do is make people aware of the political situation and steps required to achieve peace from the present onwards. and of course our opinions of it. among the 6 pages here, very few actually respond to the palestinian attitude and actions in regard to the political situation they find themselves in. i doubt very much whether this will change but im pleading that those people who feel that posting a random one-sided synopsis of the IDFs operations over the last 20 years is actually contributing to the debate, to hold back and answer the questions that are being posed. this of course goes for those who offer similarly argument barren posts on the plight of the Israelis.
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
Well all things considered they had alot of countries offer help, they didn't need Israelis there. Besides, think how much man power would be needed to protect them from random Jew hating Iranians. Same reason for refusing US help. The brits have a better relationship anyway, and we were the first country to send help - and one of few to send help within the crucial 48 hours
J
Jew hating an Iranian?! Think it may be the other way round. Jews aren't racist or anti-Iranian...we get enough abuse as it is and have learnt not to be racist to other people.
And they can never have too much help, they needed more help with all that destruction. That's no reason to reject help, if they wanted to be civil and peaceful, they would have accepted.
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
this is addressed to everyone but especially posts like this. it is like listening to a broken record, constantly reading the same regurgitated comments about how many Palestinians have been killed, look what they did here, Sharon did this..etc. everyone has their opinion, but when the majority of those are hashed together with a quick blind raid on google, i fail to see how it furthers the argument. Almost everyone is aware of the problems that exist in a humanitarian sense on both sides. what i hope these threads might do is make people aware of the political situation and steps required to achieve peace from the present onwards. and of course our opinions of it. among the 6 pages here, very few actually respond to the palestinian attitude and actions in regard to the political situation they find themselves in. i doubt very much whether this will change but im pleading that those people who feel that posting a random one-sided synopsis of the IDFs operations over the last 20 years is actually contributing to the debate, to hold back and answer the questions that are being posed. this of course goes for those who offer similarly argument barren posts on the plight of the Israelis.
Indeed. the basic fact is this. If educated people who speak for millions can't get together and solve the problem, or decide what fault lies, how can a abunch of bored students?
J
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
Jew hating an Iranian?! Think it may be the other way round. Jews aren't racist or anti-Iranian...we get enough abuse as it is and have learnt not to be racist to other people.
And they can never have too much help, they needed more help with all that destruction. That's no reason to reject help, if they wanted to be civil and peaceful, they would have accepted.
try saying what i said out loud. 'protect them from random jew hating iranians' Then i think it'll make more sense.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
try saying what i said out loud. 'protect them from random jew hating iranians' Then i think it'll make more sense.
Not really, no.
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Vienna95)
the fact that so many palestines have been killed is of significance firstly, it shows they have suffered more and that Israeli therefore should make concessions. I notice how u did not pass any judgement on the fact and instead decided to comment on the generality of my post which is fair enought but still ignores what i actually said.

The palestines are not in the driving seat on this one since 2 more developed states are against them in their plight, until both america and iraeli make concessions there will be no peace in the forceable future. Palestinian terror leaders are pragmatic and are willing to accept the two state system proposed by the US
TK0
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Not really, no.
blinded
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the fact that so many palestines have been killed
What about all the Israelis that have been killed?!
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TK0)
blinded
:rolleyes:
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What about all the Israelis that have been killed?!
the fact was 3 times more palestinians have been killed? Is an Isreali's life worth 5 palestinian lives in your book then.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the fact was 3 times more palestinians have been killed? Is an Isreali's life worth 5 palestinian lives in your book then.
But are 3 times more Palestinians being killed? Have you counted?
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well u can the journalist in the guardain a lier if you want, however im not sure either how u count the bodies after a house has been demolisted by a bulldozer, so many more palestinian have died....
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well u can the journalist in the guardain a lier if you want, however im not sure either how u count the bodies after a house has been demolisted by a bulldozer, so many more palestinian have died....
What about all the innocent Israelis killed in suicide bombing and other terroist attacks?
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the fact that so many palestines have been killed is of significance firstly, it shows they have suffered more and that Israeli therefore should make concessions. I notice how u did not pass any judgement on the fact and instead decided to comment on the generality of my post which is fair enought but still ignores what i actually said.
this is exactly the sort of tit for tat, whos killed more of who, rubbish i wanted to avoid.

The palestines are not in the driving seat on this one since 2 more developed states are against them in their plight, until both america and iraeli make concessions there will be no peace in the forceable future.
*shakes head* concessions like offering them land?

Palestinian terror leaders are pragmatic and are willing to accept the two state system proposed by the US
so why didnt they..
MC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
so why didnt they..
They did, several times.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Vienna95)
so why didnt they..
might be something to do with the fact that between, october 2003 till the middle of this month no civilans were killed in israel by suicide bomber yet at the same time palestinian civilans were killed everyweek inculding 19 in Nabulus alone. i know u gonna say i just copied it, does it matter tho the fact still stands.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What about all the innocent Israelis killed in suicide bombing and other terroist attacks?
its slightly easier to count dead in a developed country that isnt being illegaly occupied.
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
Not really, no.
You can't really be that stupid. One way means Iranians who hate jews. That's the way I said it.
The other way means Jews who hate iranians. That's what you thought I said
I could have meant that of course, and just be grammatically retarded. But I'm not, you are
J
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
No, maybe it's all a big lie, and the numbers killed are far smaller. But then some people say the same about the holocaust.
J
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (529)
66.71%
No (264)
33.29%

Watched Threads