This discussion is closed.
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
Israel racist?! How could Israel possibly be racist when it welcomes ALL religions? Muslims, Christians and Jews live in Israel! And many other religions visit Israel as tourists! How could you possibly say Israel is racist? Israel is the victim of racism! Get your facts right.
Because Israel grants automatic citzenship to all those that prove that theyre jweish and denies it to those that are not. It also expells settlers on the bases of race and religion.
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
Well that's just stupid because Israel was trying to be peaceful to the Iranians by offering help. For goodness sake, thousands of people were killed in the Iran earthquake, many countries offered to help including Israel even though they aren't exactly at peace. By offering help, it shows they are trying to make peace and not hold a grudge against them. But they just rejected, you'd think they'd accept the help to accept the peace if not get all the help they can.
And do you not see the other side? the publicity stunt? Well ill tell you it fools fools like you...hehe...nice pun !
ben2111
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
No, maybe it's all a big lie, and the numbers killed are far smaller. But then some people say the same about the holocaust.
J
The numbers about people killed in the last years are very exact due to huge media and international interest. The factor is more than 3 times more palestinians killed than Israelis, I think. Some 500 Israelis have died since the last intifada started (triggered by Sharons visit to the sacred place of the palestinians!) and I think around 2000 palestinians.
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
in press i saw 842 israelis to 2648 palestinians
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
in press i saw 842 israelis to 2648 palestinians
Maybe you have newer figures or my sieve memory won... anyway, according to your numbers it is 3.1 : 1!
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
agreed on the 3:1 something that gemgems doesnt seem to do tho.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ben2111)
The numbers about people killed in the last years are very exact due to huge media and international interest. The factor is more than 3 times more palestinians killed than Israelis, I think. Some 500 Israelis have died since the last intifada started (triggered by Sharons visit to the sacred place of the palestinians!) and I think around 2000 palestinians.
Actually as i recall the last intifada started due to the emotional high on the back of the child being shot by an israeli soldier in his father's arms.
In some parallel universe that didn't happen, and hundreds of people on each side would still be alive
J
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
agreed on the 3:1 something that gemgems doesnt seem to do tho.
Yeah... its not surprising at all for me, typical newsbreak...

"a suicide bomber killed 5 people in TelAviv. The isaraelian army replied with helicopter attacks on houses of alleged Hamas members and killed 12 people. Eye witnesses reported there were civilians among the victims..."

Or in whatever way they tell it in British news, that is it in German TV.
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Actually as i recall the last intifada started due to the emotional high on the back of the child being shot by an israeli soldier in his father's arms.
In some parallel universe that didn't happen, and hundreds of people on each side would still be alive
J
Hmm... but as I recall there was not much time difference between the two occasions, was there? Interesting question, about the parallel universe...
MC
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A couple of weeks ago I listened to an audio recording of an fsrn correspondent in Palestine (can be found at www.fsrn.org). He reported that over 200 Palestinians were hospitalized with symptoms effected by various types of "nerve" gas the Israeli military allegedly had used. These people were hospitalized between the 12th and 18th of February, I believe. Have there been any follow-up stories or reports on this incident?

I am very dissapointed with U.S. mass media coverage of the war in Palestine. There is so much attention focused on Yasser Arafat and Sharon, and virtually no attention or coverage on the Palestinian people. I watched the news for a couple of days during the bombardment of Arafat's compound and there was video footage of empty streets and lone tanks driving down them. Where are the Palestinian people?

If there are as many crimes being committed by the Israeli military- as the article written by the ex-Israeli soldier claims- why isn't there any coverage of these crimes? Where is the U.S. media? I cannot help concluding that networks such as CNN are not interested in protecting the Palestinian people because they are not covering these stories.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
Hmm... but as I recall there was not much time difference between the two occasions, was there? Interesting question, about the parallel universe...
another question has to be, would Israel exist if the holocaust never happened / or if the war had finished quicker (hence less Jews were gassed)
J
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
another question has to be, would Israel exist if the holocaust never happened / or if the war had finished quicker (hence less Jews were gassed)
J
No, earlier on there was no need to establish a state for Jews because they lived anywhere. Didnt the British actually take this step? I always thought so.
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
A couple of weeks ago I listened to an audio recording of an fsrn correspondent in Palestine (can be found at www.fsrn.org). He reported that over 200 Palestinians were hospitalized with symptoms effected by various types of "nerve" gas the Israeli military allegedly had used. These people were hospitalized between the 12th and 18th of February, I believe. Have there been any follow-up stories or reports on this incident?

I am very dissapointed with U.S. mass media coverage of the war in Palestine. There is so much attention focused on Yasser Arafat and Sharon, and virtually no attention or coverage on the Palestinian people. I watched the news for a couple of days during the bombardment of Arafat's compound and there was video footage of empty streets and lone tanks driving down them. Where are the Palestinian people?

If there are as many crimes being committed by the Israeli military- as the article written by the ex-Israeli soldier claims- why isn't there any coverage of these crimes? Where is the U.S. media? I cannot help concluding that networks such as CNN are not interested in protecting the Palestinian people because they are not covering these stories.
Applause... very good point! In fact the war happens under the cover of peace talks etc: against the people! They get hassled, barricades are physically built, settlements, attacks, fear. Not to forget about the fact that palestinian prisoners are kept in Israelian camps and once even got stapms put on their body - one should think Jews would abstain from such methods! They got critizied though and stop teh stamp thing. But still, the conditions (also in refugee camps) rather remind of Africa.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
J
my history teacher always has a go at me when i say what if..... since it has no meaning. however if it hadnt of happened i suspect that suppression of the jews would of continued till a large event like the holocaust did happen and then a state for jews would be formed however that might of taken a long time to happen
MC
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Applause... very good point! In fact the war happens under the cover of peace talks etc: against the people! They get hassled, barricades are physically built, settlements, attacks, fear. Not to forget about the fact that palestinian prisoners are kept in Israelian camps and once even got stapms put on their body - one should think Jews would abstain from such methods! They got critizied though and stop teh stamp thing. But still, the conditions (also in refugee camps) rather remind of Africa.
Or Nazi Germany.
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my history teacher always has a go at me when i say what if..... since it has no meaning. however if it hadnt of happened i suspect that suppression of the jews would of continued till a large event like the holocaust did happen and then a state for jews would be formed however that might of taken a long time to happen
well... gotta go sleep. Good night!
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
Or Nazi Germany.
Exactly!
MC
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Exactly!
It really does suprise me that people can make such great rememberances for the holocaust victims, (which is acceptable), but then completely overlook the present situation in Israel, and even worse actually blame the palestinians. In my view this is the same as saying the Jews brought the holocaust onto themselves.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
palestinian unemployment - two thirds in some teritories
average palestinian income $900
average israeli income $17,000
ok so palestinians are poor however the important point in that during the conflict their income has halfed to his value rather than increase from a lower value.

the new "security wall" violates the old teritories by as much as 21km in some places seperating palestinians from their relatives

ect u are very correct in the above statement and comparison with africa
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
what? Arab Israelis have the same rights as any other Israeli. Non-Muslim have practically no rights in palestine. Palestinians dont have the same rights on Israeli soil as the French dont have on Briitsh soil.

so, how exactly are they racist?

hehe, and by 2020 90% of Europe will hate Israel and the US. its based on prejudice and sentiment not on fact. im surprised you had the idiocy to raise such a point.
The government is racist, because Palestinians do not have the same rights as Israeli's.

I'm surprised that anyone can have the idiocy to believe that European opposition to the crimes of Israel are caused by prejudice and sentiment. They are based on fact.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (8)
26.67%
No (18)
60%
Don't know (4)
13.33%

Watched Threads