This discussion is closed.
Mariam Safe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
this is addressed to everyone but especially posts like this. it is like listening to a broken record, constantly reading the same regurgitated comments about how many Palestinians have been killed, look what they did here, Sharon did this..etc.
Why is it whenever I look at your comments, they are so unreasonable? How can you so casually talk about deaths. Why do you not see that if we are discussing the conflict, or anything for that matter, we must look at root causes?

everyone has their opinion, but when the majority of those are hashed together with a quick blind raid on google.
You must stop asserting things.

i fail to see how it furthers the argument very few actually respond to the palestinian attitude and actions in regard to the political situation they find themselves in.
Palestianian attidue? What attitude do you expect them have? Should they be happy with their lives? What is it that you fail to see?

As long as you see the recurring loss of life as "a broken record" we can’t get very far.

Almost everyone is aware of the problems that exist in a humanitarian sense on both sides.
If you dismiss the brutality of the IDF as "random" and "one-sided", then I’m afraid you do not.

what i hope these threads might do is make people aware of the political situation and steps required to achieve peace from the present onwards. and of course our opinions of it. among the 6 pages here.
the political situation (and we have been discussing it) is blatently obvious: Israel practises apartheid which is racist and counterproductive for achievng peace. Solution: End it.

this of course goes for those who offer similarly argument barren posts on the plight of the Israelis.
"Plight", very wrong choice of word.

I doubt very much whether this will change but im pleading…
Its touching that you "plead" (seriously). Everyone here appears, to you, to be one sided- maybe it is because they recognise that with Israel's present mindset, peace seems impossbible.
Blamps
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Guys, guys and ladies.....have you not considered who drew the lines over the map? Secondly, did you know that it was the Israelis who were the terroists at first, being responsible for shooting British soldiers....just some points to consider...anyway, for the record, I wouldn't consider myself pro anything really and I am certainly not anti-semetic (having had relatives in Austwich)....I think an objective approach has to be taken although this will inevitably be determined by whether you allow you're own principles to interfere (which is inevitable)...anyway, point being, the situation is much like it is in Ireland....we want this and that but won't give this...it is almost impossible I feel...Extremists blow themselves us, Israelis build a massive wall, one side does one thing, leading to a counter reaction...to me it is seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy that has become so ingrained in everybody...anyway, I am just sort of stating a load of bull and the obvious but it is was I perceive the situation to be i.e its like when a mother tells 2 kids who are fighting that they are both as bad as each other
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hehe, and by 2020 90% of Europe will hate Israel and the US. its based on prejudice and sentiment not on fact. im surprised you had the idiocy to raise such a point.
Sentiment? What are you talking about.
If there is any dislike of America/Israel it is usually because they are viewed as aggressors.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
It really does suprise me that people can make such great rememberances for the holocaust victims, (which is acceptable), but then completely overlook the present situation in Israel, and even worse actually blame the palestinians. In my view this is the same as saying the Jews brought the holocaust onto themselves.
!?! Now thats just stupid !?!

Tip for anyone who ever feels the same way - read the diary of anne frank
J
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Why do people equate criticism of the Israeli state with anti-semitism? No-one says if you criticise Mugabe's (sp.?) government that you are racist, of if you criticise American or England you are anti-christian.
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hitchhiker_13)
Why do people equate criticism of the Israeli state with anti-semitism? No-one says if you criticise Mugabe's (sp.?) government that you are racist, of if you criticise American or England you are anti-christian.
indeed
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I notice you all fail to mention the bus bomb that happened in Jerusalem today! :mad: 10 people killed and 50 murdered! That is disgusting! People can't even go out of their own homes to travel by public transport anymore without that risk! And you have the cheek to defend Palestine! :mad:
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
You can't really be that stupid. One way means Iranians who hate jews. That's the way I said it.
The other way means Jews who hate iranians. That's what you thought I said
I could have meant that of course, and just be grammatically retarded. But I'm not, you are
J
No, I do know what you mean. It might have helped if you added a "-" in. So try rephrasing the
(Original post by foolfarian)
just be grammatically retarded. But I'm not, you are
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
I notice you all fail to mention the bus bomb that happened in Jerusalem today! :mad: 10 people killed and 50 murdered! That is disgusting! People can't even go out of their own homes to travel by public transport anymore without that risk! And you have the cheek to defend Palestine! :mad:
Yes,

"On Wednesday Islamic Jihad had promised to avenge an Israeli incursion in the Gaza Strip on Wednesday in which eight people including five of its fighters died."

Straight out from the BBC site.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/3440265.stm

I don't support invaders.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
I don't support invaders.
Well that's a relief.

That is the 29th suicide bomb just in Jerusalem! That is absolutely sick! Innocent people losing their lives. Honestly, the world is such a horrible place now. There's no words to describe it. Terrible.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well that's a relief.

That is the 29th suicide bomb just in Jerusalem! That is absolutely sick! Innocent people losing their lives. Honestly, the world is such a horrible place now. There's no words to describe it. Terrible.
Yes, maybe because Jerusalem is now controlled by invaders.

Israel and their settlements are the invaders.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
Yes, maybe because Jerusalem is now controlled by invaders.

Israel and their settlements are the invaders.
What?! Would you like to elaborate? Are you saying it's Jerusalem's fault?!?!?!
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What?! Would you like to elaborate? Are you saying it's Jerusalem's fault?!?!?!
I'm saying that it's the invaders fault.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
When was the last time that both parties actively tried to solve this? Also, there was a prisoner swap today, but another bus was suicide bombed. This would lead me to believe that neither side was responsible for this one, and that there is indeed another faction to consider.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
When was the last time that both parties actively tried to solve this? Also, there was a prisoner swap today, but another bus was suicide bombed. This would lead me to believe that neither side was responsible for this one, and that there is indeed another faction to consider.
The are several Palestine's terrorist organizations, not all of them are agree with a partition of the land for example.
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
No, I do know what you mean. It might have helped if you added a "-" in. So try rephrasing the
No I am really curious. How would a dash have helped. Ok I sound like an anus, but im really curious hoiw you managed to leap in logic. I think it's a case that you're so quick to defend the motherland you don't take any notice of what is being said
J
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Yes, Israel have offered several treaties and land, all of which have been refused.
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
You'll notice the ridiculous imbalance in numbers of prisoners swapped.
J
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes, Israel have offered several treaties and land, all of which have been refused.
If I were palestinean I wouldn't agree, why should I resign my own land? No way, I would never do it.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If the offers are refused, then what on earth are they asking for? Unless they are just trying to be a pain in the arse
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (386)
67.13%
No (189)
32.87%

Watched Threads