Israel Watch

This discussion is closed.
ReadMe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I'm only going to post once on this forum, so listen up.

I'm SICK and TIRED of people even having to ask each other's opinions on the Israeli/Palestinian issue - it should be obvious to all right-thinking people.

Let me introduce a few home truths to you all:

Israel gave the Palestinians official chances to negotiate in 1993, 1996, 2000 and 2001 as well as unofficial talks in between all of these periods. The Palestinians were offered 97.3% of the West Bank and Gaza Strip with the remaining 2.7% used as a no-man land. The Palestinians have repeatedly refused these offers.

Arafat is a terrorist and has been proven to authorise and finance suicide bombings against innocent Israelis. Israel is a democracy and you have to understand that the only ways to respond to terrorism are to negotiate and take security measures. The former has shown no sign of working (just encourages Arafat) and the latter gets Israel into trouble with hypocrtical nations worldwide like Britian and America (who killed 7,000 innocent people in Afghanistan alone) A security wall is necessary to keep out terrorists. Although it is not all finished yet, there has never been a case of an area being targeted where there was a wall. It is not to fence Palestinians in, rather to protect Israelis. Why cant any of you realise this? It's disgusting. You people really make me sick. Israel has been the best freind any democratic and peaceful country could want.

In 1948 (when Israel was formed) there were 850,000 Jews living in Arab countries. The were expelled and persecuted and forced to leave their homes and go to Israel. There are now only 7,000 left and they live in persecution (ie. synagogue bomb in Turkey last month, in Tunisia last year) HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR EVERYONE TO REALISE THAT JEWS AND ISRAELIS ARE PEACEFUL PEOPLE WHO ARE SICK TO DEATH OF LIVING IN FEAR OF ANTISEMITISM AND PEOPLE TELLING THEM HOW TO RUN THE ONE COUNTRY THAT THEY OWN AFTER HAVING FLED TO AVOID THE DEATHS OF 6 MILLION? Why does no one ask any questions about the 850,000 displaced Jews who are now housed in Israel when the 700,000 Arabs who left Israel in 1948 (as they were told to leave by the advancing Arab countries as they could move back in when the Israelis had been killed) are used as negotiating tools for future 'peace' agreements?

Why won't any Arab countries recognise Israel's existence?

Why do countries such as Britain and USA bomb kill and attack their enemies like Saddam and Bin Laden when they expect Israel to negotiate with terrorists of exactly the same ilk? All Israel wants is to live in peace. Can you imagine what its like for a country never to have had peace since 1948 when it was founded?

If Palestinians want the West Bank and Gaza Strip so much why didnt they rebel pre-1948 when Egypt and Jordan owned it? BECAUSE THIS IS A RACIST WAR AGAINST THE JEWS, THAT'S WHY. No one else matters to them.

If they really are Palestinians (ie want back the land of Palestine) why don't they march into Jordan and take it? It's a fact that over 70% of biblical Palestine (where they claim their ancestors came from) is modern day Jordan. Why doesnt any Arab state help them financially? The only Arab states to have funded Palestinians are Iraq which gave $25,000 to the family of each suicide bomber and Saudi Arabia which raised $37m in a television appeal for Hamas.

Why cant the one Jewish state defend itself the way any normal country should?

Why are there 30 Arab dictatorships and nothing gets said?

Doesn't anyone actually realise that Arabs get more rights living in Israel than they do in their countries of origin?

Palestinians have been kicked out of almost every Arab country and treated like scum. WHY PICK ON ISRAEL??????

Now sit here, read this again, and think about this next time the subject comes up or it says a lot about you as people.

Goodnight.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Nice that you'll only post once, so that you won't have to defend your opinion. Shows courage.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ReadMe)
Then you shouldn't be posting at all.
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

I'm SICK and TIRED of people even having to ask each other's opinions on the Israeli/Palestinian issue - it should be obvious to all right-thinking people.

Israel gave the Palestinians official chances to negotiate in 1993, 1996, 2000 and 2001 as well as unofficial talks in between all of these periods. The Palestinians were offered 97.3% of the West Bank and Gaza Strip with the remaining 2.7% used as a no-man land. The Palestinians have repeatedly refused these offers.

Arafat is a terrorist and has been proven to authorise and finance suicide bombings against innocent Israelis. Israel is a democracy and you have to understand that the only ways to respond to terrorism are to negotiate and take security measures. The former has shown no sign of working (just encourages Arafat) and the latter gets Israel into trouble with hypocrtical nations worldwide like Britian and America (who killed 7,000 innocent people in Afghanistan alone) A security wall is necessary to keep out terrorists. Although it is not all finished yet, there has never been a case of an area being targeted where there was a wall. It is not to fence Palestinians in, rather to protect Israelis. Why cant any of you realise this? It's disgusting. You people really make me sick. Israel has been the best freind any democratic and peaceful country could want.

In 1948 (when Israel was formed) there were 850,000 Jews living in Arab countries. The were expelled and persecuted and forced to leave their homes and go to Israel. There are now only 7,000 left and they live in persecution (ie. synagogue bomb in Turkey last month, in Tunisia last year) HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR EVERYONE TO REALISE THAT JEWS AND ISRAELIS ARE PEACEFUL PEOPLE WHO ARE SICK TO DEATH OF LIVING IN FEAR OF ANTISEMITISM AND PEOPLE TELLING THEM HOW TO RUN THE ONE COUNTRY THAT THEY OWN AFTER HAVING FLED TO AVOID THE DEATHS OF 6 MILLION? Why does no one ask any questions about the 850,000 displaced Jews who are now housed in Israel when the 700,000 Arabs who left Israel in 1948 (as they were told to leave by the advancing Arab countries as they could move back in when the Israelis had been killed) are used as negotiating tools for future 'peace' agreements?

Why do countries such as Britain and USA bomb kill and attack their enemies like Saddam and Bin Laden when they expect Israel to negotiate with terrorists of exactly the same ilk? All Israel wants is to live in peace. Can you imagine what its like for a country never to have had peace since 1948 when it was founded?

If Palestinians want the West Bank and Gaza Strip so much why didnt they rebel pre-1948 when Egypt and Jordan owned it? BECAUSE THIS IS A RACIST WAR AGAINST THE JEWS, THAT'S WHY. No one else matters to them.

If they really are Palestinians (ie want back the land of Palestine) why don't they march into Jordan and take it? It's a fact that over 70% of biblical Palestine (where they claim their ancestors came from) is modern day Jordan. Why doesnt any Arab state help them financially? The only Arab states to have funded Palestinians are Iraq which gave $25,000 to the family of each suicide bomber and Saudi Arabia which raised $37m in a television appeal for Hamas.

Doesn't anyone actually realise that Arabs get more rights living in Israel than they do in their countries of origin?

Palestinians have been kicked out of almost every Arab country and treated like scum. WHY PICK ON ISRAEL??????

Now sit here, read this again, and think about this next time the subject comes up or it says a lot about you as people.

Goodnight.
Thank you very much! You speak the truth! I agree 100%. When I have free rep going, you're first on my list! Well done!
Daveo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Goodnight.
Chill OUT!
All our future students just found out thay face more debt!
llama boy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yawn. What a load of bog standard, selective, misleading, vicious Zionist propaganda.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
Nice that you'll only post once, so that you won't have to defend your opinion. Shows courage.
It is also the 3rd post, when we were promised only 1.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Can we not quote the whole post.

Meh... I don't actually care.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
Because she/he knows that there will be arguements after writing this thread. And she/he will get a lot of "stick" from this.

Why should Read Me post all that and have to defend her/his points when they are already backed up by evidence.

I agree with Read Me, and would say pretty much the same thing myself, but I don't have the patience to argue back because everyone has their thoughts on this issue and whatever I or anyone else says, nothing is going to change your opinion. Nothing.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Can I just say, we have had this debate rage on all the time, it never ends. Either the people are to the extremes of "evict all non jews" or the other extremes of "Jews go away etc"

This is just stupid. Now we have another person igniting the debate, with mroe fuel for the anti Jews to use. Great.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
Because she/he knows that there will be arguements after writing this thread. And she/he will get a lot of "stick" from this.

Why should Read Me post all that and have to defend her/his points when they are already backed up by evidence.
Remember Wolfman and his threads? Funny? Maybe but it hell annoyed the sh*t out of me. If you want to post, then do so, and back up your fking arguments with examples, figures when they are under attack. By just posting once you are no better than spammers.
llama boy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Now we have another person igniting the debate, with More fuel for the anti Jews to use. Great.
Who are these "anti Jews" to which you refer?
llama boy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I won't argue back because that post isn't really an argument to start with.

It is clearly written (or at least, copied and pasted) not as an objective assessment of the situation, but as an attempt to justify a previously held prejudice. Whatever the merits of some of the facts within, this is obvious from the insincere, slippery and deceitful nature of the post - it reeks of propaganda.

There are a thousand holes and inconsistencies, but I'm afraid I really don't have the heart to point them out, given that the original poster is clearly not interested in any objective assessment - only the confirmation of prejudice.

And that saddens me.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by llama boy)
I won't argue back because that post isn't really an argument to start with.

It is clearly written (or at least, copied and pasted) not as an objective assessment of the situation, but as an attempt to justify a previously held prejudice. Whatever the merits of some of the facts within, this is obvious from the insincere, slippery and deceitful nature of the post - it reeks of propaganda.

There are a thousand holes and inconsistencies, but I'm afraid I really don't have the heart to point them out, given that the original poster is clearly not interested in any objective assessment - only the confirmation of prejudice.

And that saddens me.
What saddens me is that there's so many anti-Israel people out there and don't go about open minded looking at both sides of the story. I've tried looking at both, and I can clearly see that Israel wants peace. No more to be said.
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What saddens me is that there's so many anti-Israel people out there and don't go about open minded looking at both sides of the story. I've tried looking at both, and I can clearly see that Israel wants peace. No more to be said.
peas :cool:
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

I'm SICK and TIRED of people even having to ask each other's opinions

bla bla bla

sit here, read this again, and think about this next time the subject comes up or it says a lot about you as people.

Goodnight.
Quite honestly, I do not know what to answer any more. But I must say I have hardly ever met as many people with extreme right opinions as in this forum, which shall not be an insult to the others.

It is so easy to follow the ideology... believe the propaganda... go to war! Believe mean muslim terrorists want to kill us all, believe some poor Jews are fighting for survival against bombing palestinians, believe there are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Believe it all, never set a foot in a muslim country because that might already disturb the perfect picture. Every war has started like this,also Hitler has. I honestly think the consequences of a western-eastern world war which seems to arise will outnumber WW II a thousand times and afterwards both sides will say what the Germans said in 45: we didnt know...

Sorry for sounding so whiny, I guess I have jsut had too many of these discussions the last days. It gets me so mad...
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
*yawns*
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yawn. What a load of bog standard, selective, misleading, vicious Zionist propaganda.
erm, if ud like to point this out to us...with examples of course..
llama boy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Of course. Bigotry is not confined to any one area of the political spectrum.

I don't disagree that many ordinary Israelis want peace. Of course they do, who doesn't?

However, the concepts of peace and justice are inextricably linked. Israel has no right to expect the former without agreeing to the latter.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Of course. Bigotry is not confined to any one area of the political spectrum.

I don't disagree that many ordinary Israelis want peace. Of course they do, who doesn't?

However, the concepts of peace and justice are inextricably linked. Israel has no right to expect the former without agreeing to the latter.
linked in a peace-loving society with a civilisation that wants the right to exist and does not want to wipe their neighbours off the face of the earth. on that point, Israel is alone in that region.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (47)
61.84%
No (29)
38.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise