Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yo. Ok well I've got offers from both
    Hertfordshire (Molecular Biology and Genetics with a year in North America (C722))
    and Huddersfield (Medical Genetics (C440))

But alas I don't really know much about either uni so I'm hoping that anyone doing any subjects close to mine at either can drop me some advice on the unis please =]

Cheers
    :hat:
    Meh

ReputationRep:
    Hertfordshire is a lovely place in the countryside on the outskirts of London (good job links/nightlife) and Huddersfield is a dreary place up north. You decide!

ReputationRep:
    I'm already FROM the dreary North. . . unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Meh)
    I'm already FROM the dreary North. . . unfortunately
    Well, do you plan on going somewhere else for university? Hertfordshire has great access to London which is amazing. Also, the year in North America sounds like such a good opportunity! What's swaying you towards either one?

ReputationRep:
    Purely on the degree alone, I'd go for Hertfordshire (but I absolutely love Huddersfield.)

ReputationRep:
    Well atm I'm looking at grades (not been going so well =P) but cos I've not managed to look at Huddersfield I dunno whats its like. Going to the open day this saturday for Herts. So if I'm honest I'm not swinging either way but Huddersfield is a bit close to home for my liking . . . that being said Herts may be too far? See what I mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayden)
    Purely on the degree alone, I'd go for Hertfordshire (but I absolutely love Huddersfield.)
    What's the uni/place like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arielle)
    Hertfordshire is a lovely place in the countryside on the outskirts of London (good job links/nightlife) and Huddersfield is a dreary place up north. You decide!
    Huddersfield is actually not a bad town and it's known for its student-orientated nightlife. I have friends there that love it.

ReputationRep:
    What's the uni/place like?
    It's a large town, but as someone said before, very student orientated. Lots of pubs/clubs/shopping areas. Everyone I know who's been to Hudd Uni have absolutely loved it. It's not regarded very highly by many people on tsr, but I've heard no complaints from people who've actually attended. I love it, a nice cheap pretty town with plenty to do in and around, as it's a short train ride away from Manchester and Leeds.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers all, Still hard to decide though cos both look good now:bawling:
    Thanks anyway

Meh

ReputationRep:
    Cheers all, Still hard to decide though cos both look good now:bawling:
    Thanks anyway

Meh
    If you can't decide between location - why not the course?
    Personally I'd love the year abroad, but if you're not interested in that, then go Hudd? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arielle)
    Whats the accomodation like? I went to have a look but I was late (bloody parents always faffing around) so I missed the deHav campus but the College lane thing was GRIM!!! So I'm hoping the deHav is better
    Just assumed you go to Herts cos of the first comment which I quoted clearly :P

Meh:hat:

ReputationRep:
    Whats the accomodation like? I went to have a look but I was late (bloody parents always faffing around) so I missed the deHav campus but the College lane thing was GRIM!!! So I'm hoping the deHav is better
    Just assumed you go to Herts cos of the first comment which I quoted clearly :P

Meh:hat:
    I don't go there, I live next to it (London) and have been there a few times on nights out (The Forum). My ex boyfriend goes to uni in Huddersfield and I really didn't like it compared to Hertfordshire - that's where my comment has come from! But obviously, everyone is different from what they want out of a university so up to you!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.