Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys and girls!
    I would really like to know how to buy a new kitchen.I know we need to let the company come and have a look at the place, take measurements etc... but in terms of financing. Do we have to pay in one go, or is it possible to pay in installments? Also, how long does it take?

p.s. I am in love with PEDINI kitchens and I am contemplating changing our current hideous kitchen into something more like: http://www.pedini.it/INGLESE/Integra_20.html

I know it must be EXTREMELY expensive, but how much do you reckon a kitchen liek this would cost?

Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    That kitchen looks alright but IMO I wouldn't pay the inevitable high price tag (Anything italian is expensive)

Just get an ikea kitchen they're nice and you can pay it in monthly installments as far as I know, and they are around 3-4K including fitting.

Just edited my post because I googled the company and saw this:

http://www.touchlondon.co.uk/business/list/bid/3084947

Apparently someone paid £70,000 for their Pedini kitchen, how insane

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    That kitchen looks alright but IMO I wouldn't pay the inevitable high price tag (Anything italian is expensive)

Just get an ikea kitchen they're nice and you can pay it in monthly installments as far as I know, and they are around 3-4K including fitting.

Just edited my post because I googled the company and saw this:

http://www.touchlondon.co.uk/business/list/bid/3084947

Apparently someone paid £70,000 for their Pedini kitchen, how insane
    Someone I know paid close to £200,000 on a kitchen, ironically the family doesn't cook and the only thing they use the kitchen for is to make coffee, boil water for tea and eat cereals Not the only person I've come across that has an expensive kitchen but doesn't use it.

An IKEA kitchen is indeed more than sufficient for most people.

Also if you're going to cook in it then there's bound to be some wear and tear........ easier to have wear and tear on a £5k kitchen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iorek)
    Someone I know paid close to £200,000 on a kitchen, ironically the family doesn't cook and the only thing they use the kitchen for is to make coffee, boil water for tea and eat cereals Not the only person I've come across that has an expensive kitchen but doesn't use it.

An IKEA kitchen is indeed more than sufficient for most people.

Also if you're going to cook in it then there's bound to be some wear and tear........ easier to have wear and tear on a £5k kitchen
    That's crazy. That's more than some peoples houses are worth lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzme)
    Hello guys and girls!
    I would really like to know how to buy a new kitchen.I know we need to let the company come and have a look at the place, take measurements etc... but in terms of financing. Do we have to pay in one go, or is it possible to pay in installments? Also, how long does it take?

p.s. I am in love with PEDINI kitchens and I am contemplating changing our current hideous kitchen into something more like: http://www.pedini.it/INGLESE/Integra_20.html

I know it must be EXTREMELY expensive, but how much do you reckon a kitchen liek this would cost?

Thanks a lot!
    The kitchen in that picture isn't an efficient kitchen and most form over function.... the thing that gets it is the layout, the refrigerator, stove and sinks should be placed within a working triangle.

Installments, it's definitely possible, but most of it you've to pay it off within 12 months... usually interest free.

To have such a curve design, you probably would need to look for an Italian branded kitchen supplier, it would usually be quite expensive.... most kitchen suppliers tend to be either German, Scandinavian or local, they all tend to have straight lines rather than curves as curves are an inefficient use of space.

For my new home, the kitchen was supplied by IKEA as my wife does cook almost every meal and she thought it was pointless to have any expensive kitchens as water and wood are never a good combination

Some good suppliers of kitchen :-
    Moben.
    Magnet.
    Space Kitchens.

Have dealt with all 3 of them... no complains. The last 2 may be able to do something similar to that pedini design.

Edit : My wife just told me you can download the IKEA kitchen planner software, it would tell you how much you will roughly need to spend as well. You just need to input the measurements of your kitchen area then bring it to the store. Took about a week to install.

In regard to the others.... depends on whether they have stock on the kits you're after... if all is in stock then it would depend on whether or not their fitters have slots available. Past experience usually between 2-4 weeks... though the more bespoke ones can take up to 9 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iorek)
    The kitchen in that picture isn't an efficient kitchen and most form over function.... the thing that gets it is the layout, the refrigerator, stove and sinks should be placed within a working triangle.

Installments, it's definitely possible, but most of it you've to pay it off within 12 months... usually interest free.

To have such a curve design, you probably would need to look for an Italian branded kitchen supplier, it would usually be quite expensive.... most kitchen suppliers tend to be either German, Scandinavian or local, they all tend to have straight lines rather than curves as curves are an inefficient use of space.

For my new home, the kitchen was supplied by IKEA as my wife does cook almost every meal and she thought it was pointless to have any expensive kitchens as water and wood are never a good combination

Some good suppliers of kitchen :-
    Moben.
    Magnet.
    Space Kitchens.

Have dealt with all 3 of them... no complains. The last 2 may be able to do something similar to that pedini design.

Edit : My wife just told me you can download the IKEA kitchen planner software, it would tell you how much you will roughly need to spend as well. You just need to input the measurements of your kitchen area then bring it to the store. Took about a week to install.

In regard to the others.... depends on whether they have stock on the kits you're after... if all is in stock then it would depend on whether or not their fitters have slots available. Past experience usually between 2-4 weeks... though the more bespoke ones can take up to 9 weeks.
    Thanks a lot for your answer! Basically, we use our kitchen A LOT! we cook a lot, constant opening of the fridge, cupboards.... it gets no rest.
    The only reason why I like Pedicine is because of the design. I love stylish kitchen as it would make cleaning it more enjoyable as due to the number of people using it, it gets dirty very quickly. But ours is small and I hate the layout of it. Will defo look at Ikea. I will look into the suppliers u wrote and please thank your wife for also providing such useful info.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iorek)
    Someone I know paid close to £200,000 on a kitchen,
    :eek::eek::eek:

ReputationRep:
    Whats your budget?

ReputationRep:
    We had a £7000 kitchen installed a couple of years ago and were able to get interest free payments spread over three years due to the government trying to encourage spending - not sure if this is still available. Don't forget hidden costs either for example tiling the floor cost an additional £1000, we decorated ourselves but if you don't have the money or ability then that's an additional cost. We ended up having it done with Wickes, it actually cost more than a local place that was a bit more upmarket but things like slow shut draws are included as standard from Wickes.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.