Turn on thread page Beta

I've been good friends with one of the guys in my unit here at uni since freshers week. It's always been completely platonic with no suggestion of anything else until a few weeks ago we both got very drunk and ended up sleeping together. I didn't think that this would effect our friendship or that it would happen again, and assumed it was a one off. When he was drunk he told me that he liked me, but I wasn't sure what to make of that (in my experience people either chat **** when they're drunk, or they tell the truth). But in the weeks afterwards he seemed to want to continue things, he would come to my room and try to initiate things. I decided just to go with it, it was good fun and we were friends so I didn't see why not. The thing is it wasn't just sex, he would hold my hand, cuddle me, and was generally very affectionate and so I started to like him and got the impression he liked me too.

This continued for around 3 weeks then I went on antibiotics, meaning that my pill wouldn't work. I said we needed to use a condom, but this resulted in him not being able to get hard. He was really embarrassed, but I said it was fine, I was really nice about it, we took the condom off and I sucked him off instead. Everything seemed fine. After this he started ignoring my texts, when I went to his room he made no sign of trying it on with me, and then I heard from someone else that his friends had been asking why he had been sleeping with me and that he responded "would you rather have a w*nk or a blow job". I thought this was out of order, especially since I told no one about him not being able to get it up and the fact that we were good friends. I felt like he'd made me out to be a slut, and like I was the one going after him the whole time, which was completely not true. I confronted him, and he said it was true that he had said that and apologised. Two weeks on, we have barely spoken.

What is/was going on in his head?

ReputationRep:
    why do you care?

ReputationRep:
    If you have been really nice to him and didn't embarrass him publicly, then I don't understand why he should be ignoring you

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like an absolute c***.

Took advantage of you I'm afraid, possibly did like you as more at first but then after seeing that you were falling for him decided to try it on and see how much he could get. After a while he probably got bored and moved onto the next girl.

You need to forget him, no-one deserves that.

he have a problem with himself, not with you...

ReputationRep:
    He's either a prick or didn't want to admit to his friends that he likes you, ignoring you suggests he's a prick.

Now, you can either be a bigger man and let it go or you can tell everyone he couldn't get a boner.

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like a massive *******.

I'd dark him. He's probably embarressed about the not getting it up incident and doesn't want to tell his mates he likes you. Either way, loser, get rid.

ReputationRep:
    The fact he couldn't get it up has obviously hit him hard (oops, excuse the pun haha)!
    It sounds like you've done nothing wrong at all and his behaviour reflects his own insecurity and immaturity. I would try to be pleasant to him (if you can) but I would act quite cold and distant. If he tries to find out what's wrong, I wouldn't hold back and I'd tell him what I thought of him, but if he doesn't then take the high road and move on!

ReputationRep:
    sounds like an idiot!hard to say whether he was just using you though or if he's pretending like he doesn't care because he's embarrassed over what happened. he might think it's best to talk crap about you before you have chance to tell anyone what happened

ReputationRep:
    the thing that bothers me most is that you werent using condoms to begins with....STIs!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Guys are stupid (speaking as one), I would get too bothered about it.
    Mind you I've never sucked a guy off who doesnt love me, I can imagine its a hard situation but i hear they often have happy endings.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.