Turn on thread page Beta

What does your wardrobe consist of? watch

ReputationRep:
    How many shirts, jeans, shoes and where you got them from etc. :bigsmile:

I'm contemplating a full wardrobe makeover, suggestions on what to get would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    good

ReputationRep:
    Wood, glass, metal and clothes.

ReputationRep:
    Piles of clothes.

I'm lazy

ReputationRep:
    mdf.

ReputationRep:
    Helmets and capes.

ReputationRep:
    I have a box of shoes, probably around 20-30 pairs :/ My clothes consist of several pairs of jeans, a pair of sport pants, 2 tops for sport, several of these "hippy" styled tops, 2 cardigens, 7 jumpers, 10 t-shirts of various styles, 6 skirts, some of those genie type pants, a pair of white trousers and 2 pairs of combat style pants (1 brown, 1 white )

ReputationRep:
    Do you want us to take an inventory of our wardrobes? Lol. I don't know what it consists of - clothes I guess, but I wear whatever is at the front.

ReputationRep:
    Sweet merciful Christ, I can't catalog my wardrobe, that would be like trying to catalog the libraries of Alexandria (except with less sand).

From the top of my head here's some of what's in it:

- about 10 plain t shirts from American Apparel (found here) in various colours

- about 16 shirts, mostly worn at work, occaisionally worn open with a t-shirt in summer. From Reiss and A&F. Oh and from Pepe Jeans and Ted Baker;
    - 3 suits, again for work;
    - 4 pullover hoodies, from Reiss, A&F and Junk De Luxe;
    - 6 long sleeved henley tops from A&F;
    - 9 hoodies, from A&F, American Apparel, Energie and Ted Baker;
    - 4 sweat tops/pullover things from Reiss;
    - various patterned/graphic t shirts, from Paul Smith, Ted Baker, A&F, Junk De Luxe, Esprit, Tommy Hilfiger, and some unbranded "comedy" tees;
    - about 15 pairs of jeans, from Energie, A&F, Levi Jeans, and some foreign brand I can't remember;
    - 2 pairs of trousers from Ted Baker and Reiss;
    - 8 pairs of shorts from Tommy Hilfiger, Reiss, Paul Smith and A&F;
    - about 10 coats from Ted Baker, Burberry, Reiss, Tommy Hilfiger and Energie;
    - about 10 jackets from Ted Baker, Diesel, Reiss, Levis, A&F and AllSaints;
    - about 7 pairs of trainers from Nike, AllSaints, Reiss, Generic Surplus, Alexander McQueen for Puma and Tommy Hilfiger;
    - 6 pairs of boots from Reiss, Tretorn, Bally and Balmain.

That's most of it anyway :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Sweet merciful Christ, I can't catalog my wardrobe, that would be like trying to catalog the libraries of Alexandria (except with less sand).

From the top of my head here's some of what's in it:

- about 10 plain t shirts from American Apparel (found here) in various colours

- about 16 shirts, mostly worn at work, occaisionally worn open with a t-shirt in summer. From Reiss and A&F. Oh and from Pepe Jeans and Ted Baker;
    - 3 suits, again for work;
    - 4 pullover hoodies, from Reiss, A&F and Junk De Luxe;
    - 6 long sleeved henley tops from A&F;
    - 9 hoodies, from A&F, American Apparel, Energie and Ted Baker;
    - 4 sweat tops/pullover things from Reiss;
    - various patterned/graphic t shirts, from Paul Smith, Ted Baker, A&F, Junk De Luxe, Esprit, Tommy Hilfiger, and some unbranded "comedy" tees;
    - about 15 pairs of jeans, from Energie, A&F, Levi Jeans, and some foreign brand I can't remember;
    - 2 pairs of trousers from Ted Baker and Reiss;
    - 8 pairs of shorts from Tommy Hilfiger, Reiss, Paul Smith and A&F;
    - about 10 coats from Ted Baker, Burberry, Reiss, Tommy Hilfiger and Energie;
    - about 10 jackets from Ted Baker, Diesel, Reiss, Levis, A&F and AllSaints;
    - about 7 pairs of trainers from Nike, AllSaints, Reiss, Generic Surplus, Alexander McQueen for Puma and Tommy Hilfiger;
    - 6 pairs of boots from Reiss, Tretorn, Bally and Balmain.

That's most of it anyway :erm:
    Nice. :beer: You missed out dress shoes though. I'm curious.

ReputationRep:
    God knows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmanoj)
    Nice. :beer: You missed out dress shoes though. I'm curious.
    Well I have a brown pair from Reiss that I sometimes wear to work. I tend to wear my black Balmain or Bally boots instead of dress shoes tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a pair of black Chelseas or Jodhpurs? I think they'd really suit your style, and they're pretty versatile (work well with casual clothes whilst being perfectly "correct", if a bit quirky, to wear with suits). At the moment, I'm trying to choose between these and these myself.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a pair of black Chelseas or Jodhpurs? I think they'd really suit your style, and they're pretty versatile (work well with casual clothes whilst being perfectly "correct", if a bit quirky, to wear with suits). At the moment, I'm trying to choose between these and these myself.
    I don't mean to be disrespectful, but Chelsea boots TERRIFY me.

ReputationRep:
    I'd call it more of a floordrobe and i have no idea what it contains really, i just hope i find something clean to put on each morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHyacinthGirl)
    I don't mean to be disrespectful, but Chelsea boots TERRIFY me.
    ....Care to elaborate? That's quite an odd word to use...

ReputationRep:
    My black Balmain boots are actually Chelsea boots. I also have a brown rubber pair that I got for particularly wet days.

The issue I have with black Chelseas, and black leather shoes in general, is that they require too much maintenance. Brown leather boots can wear in and age nicely, whereas black leather just looks ratty. I'm more of a brown person than a black person in terms of colour preference, so it isn't so much of an issue for me.

Anyway yes I do quite like Chelsea/Jodhpur boots. I prefer the first pair of the ones you posted, but at the same time I think you're paying more for the ankle detailing which is going to spend most of its time under a trouser leg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    My black Balmain boots are actually Chelsea boots. I also have a brown rubber pair that I got for particularly wet days.

The issue I have with black Chelseas, and black leather shoes in general, is that they require too much maintenance. Brown leather boots can wear in and age nicely, whereas black leather just looks ratty. I'm more of a brown person than a black person in terms of colour preference, so it isn't so much of an issue for me.

Anyway yes I do quite like Chelsea/Jodhpur boots. I prefer the first pair of the ones you posted, but at the same time I think you're paying more for the ankle detailing which is going to spend most of its time under a trouser leg.
    I see your point about the leather, but do you know if the black ones you have are calfskin or corrected grain (sometimes known as "polished leather", or if they're Barkers, "hi-shine")? Better leather tends to be calfskin, and it does age far more gracefully. I'm also more of a brown shoe person, but at the moment I only have one decent pair in black (and I might be getting a job where I have to wear suits everyday, so I need a shoe rotation. I have a brown suit with which I can wear brown shoes, but I don't want to wear them with charcoal).

Hmmm...I could just get the Jodhpurs and tuck my trouser legs in to show the buckles. :nuts::nuts::nuts:

Don't worry, I wouldn't actually do that.

ReputationRep:
    Many tshirts, many check shirts, many big comfy jumpers, many pretty floral tops/summer dresses, 2 pairs of denim shorts and countless cotton ones, 1 pair of skinny jeans and 1 pair of boyfriend jeans, 5 pairs of leggings (2 blue, 1 black, 1 velvet and 1 leapord print) a few brightly coloured skirts for nights out, a few pretty floral skirts for summer days. About 9 "going out" dresses....cowboy boots, big warm O'Neill boots, 2 pairs of black shoe boots, 1 pair of classic black heels, pinky gold heels, purple gladiator shoes, brown gladiator shoes, white daps....All I can remember tbfair. Quite proud iv purchased this all myself though

ReputationRep:
    With me here in Spain I have:

3 pairs of jeans from Topman, River Island and Levi's
    3 jumpers without hoods, two of them knitted, one relatively thick cotton from Celio, All Saints and Firetrap
    3 hoodies, one knitted from H&M, River Island and Bench
    10 tees of various colours from Hollister, H&M, Uniqlo, All Saints, A&F, Firetrap and *gasp* Superdry
    5 shirts from Uniqlo, H&M, YSL and Topman
    A "grandad top" from Primark
    3 cardigans from Primark (umm) and Topman
    3 polos from Hollister, Lyle and Scott and A&F
    3 pairs of shorts, two grey and one denim from H&M, River Island and Topman
    Leather jacket from Pop
    Parka from Zara
    2 pairs of trainers from Adidas and K-Swiss, the latter of which desperately need replacing (and not with more K-Swiss!)
    Pair of Sebago-style boat shoes from Burton
    Pair of loafers from Éram
    Pair of Birkenstock sandals
    Pair of Hollister flip-flops

At home I have more cardigans, garish hoodies, shoes, tees and a pair of skinny jeans, basically stuff that I wouldn't be seen dead in nowadays. Plus all the formal wear that I never bothered to bring, such as my grey suit, black Oxford shoes, a pair of white formal shirts, and navy sport coat.

I want (in order of wanting):

A pair of brogues
    A new pair of decent trainers
    Another pair of smart jeans
    A pair of chinos
    A navy cardigan
    A blue/navy plain jumper
    and some more shirts but that isn't really that important.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.