Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to RHL and plan to put it as my first choice the application for accomodation starts tonight however to apply you have to put RHL as your firm choice. I cannot do this as my second choice has yet to make me an offer (which they should do). Am I going to miss out on the accomodation I want or will waiting a week be ok? I've spoken to my second choice but they say I have to wait til the end of the month. Please help!

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure the accommodation is chosen on a first come first serve basis, or do they wait for all applications before considering places? Would seem a bit unfair, but hey, I'm yet to apply for accommodation myself!

ReputationRep:
    its a first come first serve

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosee)
    I've applied to RHL and plan to put it as my first choice the application for accomodation starts tonight however to apply you have to put RHL as your firm choice. I cannot do this as my second choice has yet to make me an offer (which they should do). Am I going to miss out on the accomodation I want or will waiting a week be ok? I've spoken to my second choice but they say I have to wait til the end of the month. Please help!
    Contact the uni and see what they say. They might ask you to apply anyway with a note on your application saying that you are yet to firm RHL, but definitely will when you have all your offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wookie42)
    Are you sure the accommodation is chosen on a first come first serve basis, or do they wait for all applications before considering places? Would seem a bit unfair, but hey, I'm yet to apply for accommodation myself!
    Yes, at RHUL it is first come first serve, but OP you will still be offered accommodation if you firm RHUL, and there's always the chance to switch rooms once you get there. Definitely call up the accommodation office and explain your situation; they're really helpful and friendly so I'm sure they'll be able to help you.

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.