Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I will be going to green Amsterdam for 7 days in Mid july this year in a group of 9 boys. We are not interested in prostitution. We are going for two things, to taste dam's beer and to try there green selection .

Does anyone on this forum have any recommendations on where to go? the best coffee shops? the best clubs?? even restraunts.

We will be staying at the white tulip hostel.

How much spending money will i need per day?

ReputationRep:
    60 euros a day, or thereabouts; more if you're going out at night.
    Btw, if you're not 18 the only green you'll be seeing is in the botanical gardens.
    Not many clubs. There are pub crawls if I remember correctly- you'll need ID for these, even though it's only 16 to drink.
    Most the bars/clubs are around Leideseplein. You can still get shrooms- marketed as "tuffles", if you want.

edit: just seen your age, you are 18; thought you were only AS levels before

ReputationRep:
    Shrooms hmm tuffles.
    Thanks for the tip

Weed's expensive right? heard its 3 euros for a g of thai and like 12 euros for high grade?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh that sounds about right; don't remember the weed being that expensive actually. Also you should take the truffles at your hotel/hostel, and not in a coffeeshop, if you've never had anything similar before

ReputationRep:
    'Truffels' are the thing's you'll need concerning shrooms..

Weed is not that expensive. If you want to make them yourself, you'll pay about 7 euros per gram.. pre-fab are sold for about 3 euros a piece, but they use crappy tobacco and not that much weed or hash... So, just learn how to build your own stuff, it's not that hard.

Which reminds me, have to get some for my birthday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoBlo)
    'Truffels' are the thing's you'll need concerning shrooms..

Weed is not that expensive. If you want to make them yourself, you'll pay about 7 euros per gram.. pre-fab are sold for about 3 euros a piece
    Is that 3 euros for a pre rolled j? Don't most people just skin up themselves, I mean thats what we do.. Seems weird to buy pre done lol :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funkss!)
    Is that 3 euros for a pre rolled j? Don't most people just skin up themselves, I mean thats what we do.. Seems weird to buy pre done lol :confused:
    yeh pre rolled

it's often the option chosen when you're very drunk

ReputationRep:
    indeed, but there are a lot of people who cannot handle it to 'skin up' their joints anyway or people who actually only smoke weed/hash and not regular cigarettes.

When I just had quit smoking I bought prefab, since I knew that as soon as I bought cigarettes to make them myself I would not leave it at just the joint, but afterwards I would smoke the entire package...

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and I really do not like Amsterdam... but hey, it's not my trip

ReputationRep:
    Your going to dam but not checking out the RLD, Damm what's wrong with you? I'll be sitting in Bulldog cafe all day then hitting RLD in the night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoBlo)
    Oh, and I really do not like Amsterdam... but hey, it's not my trip
    It's a fact that there are more scousers in Amsterdam than in the North West of England!
    Why don't you like it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveCrain)
    yeh pre rolled

it's often the option chosen when you're very drunk
    Ah I see, I guess it would stop the issue of wonky Ls when you've had too many..

ReputationRep:
    Been there a couple of times, but it just doesn't do it for me.
    Of course 'real tourists' can eat their hearts out on coffeeshops, RLD (really want to see that some time, only saw our local hookers here in Nijmegen, 3 windows with bored chicks..) and the corny stuff (when you're that kind of tourist).. but nah.. way too crowdy and too 'fake', I'd rather go to The Hague (also a lot of cofeeshops!) or my own town Nijmegen, which also has its fair share of coffeeshops and some nice places to chill in summer which are not that crowded with other tourists

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm here in Amsterdam for work purposes and haven't smoked weed or visited trospipupes but I'm guessing anything near Oodezijds Voorburgwal/Oodezijds Achterburgwal in De Wallen with a luminescent red exterior would be the place to go if you wanted to have a go on some whores - and anything with the word 'Koffehuis' on it may be worth dropping into if you wanted five a day of your greens.

ReputationRep:
    I don't do whores.. Paying for sex isn't me.
    Iv heard about Greenhouse effect, best one? where is it located do you know?

ReputationRep:
    Just out of curiosity, how much is it roughly to sleep with a prostitute in the RLD in Amsterdam?

ReputationRep:
    you might as well meet the RLD even if you're not lookin for sex... they're ****ing hot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x)
    Just out of curiosity, how much is it roughly to sleep with a prostitute in the RLD in Amsterdam?
    50 euros for 30 mins i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reaped)
    50 euros for 30 mins i think
    its cheaper in Silks in Manchester, just saying!

ReputationRep:
    seriously, go to the RLD even if you're not interested in a prostitute!
    this coming from a girl, you can't go to Amsterdam and not go there... it's like a whole other world.. it's crazy!
    just go to look around, it's insanee.
    i was only there for one full day of 'sightseeing', so i only went to the bulldog, which i'm pretty sure is really touristy. but it's a good time!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.