Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so its my last year at college and i am resitting units 1,2,4 and 5 so basically all the units for as and a2 ! ive never got higher than a D in chemisty ever!
    but i need a B overall to get into uni:eek:
    how am i going to acheive this and how much revision is going to be required
    any help would be appreciated thanks..

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    What school in Liverpool are you in? And Just basically become a hermit, make notes, practice papers blaa blaa blaa. As to how many hours revision you will need. I have calculated it will be 65.45 hours.

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest a revision timetable from now til the summer and perhaps invest in a good revision guide too. I found that smaller sessions and much more frequent revision really helps. Maybe condense your notes down into a set you can revise from?

It's possible to up your grade quite a bit if you're willing to work at it. (Obviously don't neglect your other subjects if you're doing more than one).

I'm doing the A -Level in a year, did really well in january (unit 1 and 2) and I sat my AS empa today... which was meh. But oh well life goes on

REVISE REVISE REVISE is the best way

Edit: as the above poster says... do practice papers! Then after you mark them, concentrate on the areas you didn't do so well in.

ReputationRep:
    have you considered getting a tutor? i got a C in as last year, but after retaking unit 2 with some tutoring, i got an a overall

ReputationRep:
    i dont think i can afford a tutor atm but its only chem that i need to revise for as i did well on my other alevels and can afford to get grade dss on the last modules.

ReputationRep:
    do loaaaaaaads of past papers and mark schemes and just ask your chemistry teachers if they can give up a lunchtime/hour after school to help you.
    past papers helped me because they often put in one or two of the same questions, and similar ones, so in the january exam i was sat there thinking - yayyy ive done this.
    be organised as well - i made myself a revision timetable and stick to it religiously.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 22, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.