The Student Room Group

How to get an A in A Level Physics?

I'm struggling with Physics in AS, I found the jump from GCSE to A level was extremely high. I seem to find the Physics quite hard even though Mathematics is going great. I got a C in the Unit 1 exam even though I revised a lot. What can I do to improve and get an A in Physics.
Reply 1
Work had and plenty of past papers, I use my teachers exam pro flat out, also he shows us how to approach exam questions. Don't worry about the C I seen people in my class struggle with the step up after getting 100% in GCSE and then get a U in January but they learnt not to focus on trying to learn notes and just do all the questions possible in June he got a B & A an A in coursework. Goo luck.
Reply 2
Work a lot as you go through it, and start doing past papers very early on. GCSEs really should be harder IMO (Maths and Sciences imparticularly), as you can do no work and get an A in your sleep but at A level you need to do a lot to obtain even a C.
My advice would be work hard from now, resit this C next January when the stuff you do is far harder (than the unit 1 exam, it should seem very easy by then), and you should get an A in it easily, just the A2 Physics you need to worry about then...
Reply 3
understand the concepts carefully its really important. if you are doing m1 in maths it should help. then do as many past papers as possible.
Reply 4
Get a copy of your paper and see where you went wrong.

Did you just lose a mark here and there.
Silly mistakes?
Didnt remember definitions well enough.
Left parts of questions unasnwered.

The first step to improvement is to find why you lose marks.
Any advice for Edexcel Physics, as Exam is soon, and I'm struggling 2 remember the stuff x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending