Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else had one of these fish foot spas? (The link is the specific one that I went to in Bristol). They have had some bad publicity recently but I really wanted to try it after my bf's mum had it in Plymouth and really liked it. My mum disapproves cos of all the bad press, but i have to say i really enjoyed it and wouldn't hesitate to get it done again. It feels really weird to begin with but after a while it actually quite nice and relaxing even. It does actually feel like your feet are being nibbled away at but in a nice way. Has anyone else had it done? Did you like it? Would you do it again? If you haven't had it done would you consider it?

ReputationRep:
    I've had it done with my mother and we loved it

I'd probably will go again despite the bad press, but you're right it does feel super weird to begin with!

ReputationRep:
    Nah, not had it done. The idea of fish eating my feet is off-putting. I don't like fish at the best of times.

ReputationRep:
    I've had it done, it was bloody lush :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    i would get it done. there is always going to be bad press for new things

ReputationRep:
    Isn't there some issue with health and safety and the risk of spreading infections?

I'd never do it. I have extremely ticklish feet as it is! lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to have it done, my friend loved it!

ReputationRep:
    What''s this about them having bad press? And sounds exiting, I'd do it

ReputationRep:
    Could image this is all tickley and nice. Would like to get some hand relief at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    what's the bad press been about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Isn't there some issue with health and safety and the risk of spreading infections?

I'd never do it. I have extremely ticklish feet as it is! lol.
    There was in America, but most British spas have hi-tech filtration systems. I am really ticklish too but I was alright, the only difficulty is trying not to move too much cos it scares off the fish.

ReputationRep:
    I've never had it done.

What's the final result like?

ReputationRep:
    I've had it done, loved it Felt like lots of bubbles popping on my feet to me, so was nice and relaxing. The initial fear was the worst bit and i heard a few people saying it felt like pins and needles which i wasn't looking forward to, but was all ok in the end!

-x-

ReputationRep:
    Does it really help with like dry skin, cracked heels etc?

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't there something on the TV not too long ago about how the fish are starved and they wouldn't normally eat dead skin off feet, they're just completely ravenous and have no choice? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Apparently UV sterilisers that they use aren't guaranteed to get rid of every last trace of a particular disease that receives exposure to it :dontknow:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...g-Britain.html (I know, hurr hurr from the Daily Mail, but I've read it elsewhere too)

Either way, I don't fancy it at all :yucky:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reflexive)
    Could image this is all tickley and nice. Would like to get some hand relief at the same time.
    Not relevant, but does anyone else think this sounds like a post from some thread about sex techniques or some other cringey topic?

ReputationRep:
    Done it, loved it, would do it again.
    If I didn't do anything there had been bad press for, I'd probably be dead by now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dogatonic)
    Not relevant, but does anyone else think this sounds like a post from some thread about sex techniques or some other cringey topic?
    You're not relevant! I think my idea is great

Heylo all,

So most of you are probably wondering what the heck I am on about? Well this is what I am talking about. It is a new craze that seems to have hit the entire country. There are fish bars popping up everywhere, and even my lil town has 2 bars where people are increasingly using this service.

I went to day with my friend and tbh I was worrying, but once I got my feet it, it wasn't that bad. Tbh the fish didn't really nibble @ my feet that much as I didn't have a lot of dead skin, although they went straight for my friend lol.

So is there anyone here who has used them??

EDIT: Thank you to whoever merged my thread with this one .

I didn't even know about this article, very interesting indeed as I too was wondering about the whole health thing, infection and whatnot. My feet and my brother's gf feet were inspected before going into the water.

(Original post by Flimbees)
    Does it really help with like dry skin, cracked heels etc?
    The girl @ the spa I went to yesterday said she refused a woman with really bad cracked feet!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.