The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 4(6BIO4) 13/06/11 - OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Phenylethylamine_
Can anyone please upload the 3 past papers? Or link me where they are. I've done them before, so I only have hard copies with answers in it..

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=32015512&postcount=157

Original post by darkiee
Burr, How is revision going everyone, I really dont know what to read anymore :s-smilie:. I have doen everything I think I can any suggestion?

Do the past papers again, or read your notes again. Alternatively, rest or sleep lol
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 261
Hey everyone,
Is this paper synoptic? i didnt think it was but in january they asked about plant fibres soo... :/ and if it is what parts are people revising from previous topics
Reply 262
Do we have to know about the humoral response (activation and effector stages) and cell mediated response? We learnt it in calss, but its not in the spec or the CGP revision guide?????
Reply 263
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?

Do the past papers again, or read your notes again. Alternatively, rest or sleep lol

I might just rest and sleep, now then wen iw ake up at 1am no more sleeping till Sunday Night
Reply 264
How does temperature affect photosynthesis?
Reply 265
Original post by idiotone

How does temperature affect photosynthesis?

from what ive read if the temperatures are too low this will limit photosynthesis since the enzymes controlling the reactions and that are involved will be working below their optimum temperature...
Reply 266
Anyone know how I can report a stupid examiner? I ordered my paper back for BIO4 I did this January. I didn't bother looking at it, i got 96 UMS/120.

I just did the paper again now, scored 120UMS, and then checked my old paper to find that the stupid a55hole didn't give me ATLEAST, and i don't use this term lightly, 8 marks.. I would of got 120UMS, no need for a resit, so annoyed atm :'(
Original post by Legit
Anyone know how I can report a stupid examiner? I ordered my paper back for BIO4 I did this January. I didn't bother looking at it, i got 96 UMS/120.

I just did the paper again now, scored 120UMS, and then checked my old paper to find that the stupid a55hole didn't give me ATLEAST, and i don't use this term lightly, 8 marks.. I would of got 120UMS, no need for a resit, so annoyed atm :'(

Should have looked at it lol. You might as well have seeing you went to the trouble of getting the paper back. But no point worrying about that now.
Reply 268
Hello Everyone, How is it going?
Reply 269
This is few notes that someone from this website made that i think can help. If you wants some last minutes brush up on the syllabus.
Does Mycobacterium Tuberculosis live inside cells?
Reply 271
Does Mycobacterium Tuberculosis live inside cells?

All i know is, when they are inside the lung, they multiply slowly but those that mean they live inside the cell?
Original post by darkiee
All i know is, when they are inside the lung, they multiply slowly but those that mean they live inside the cell?

There is a question that asks ''How is TB caused?''

and the MS says as one of the points, ''bacteria live / reproduce / active inside cells''

so was wondering, because I thought they can stay dormant inside tubercules. :s-smilie:
Reply 273
Inside the lungs, Inside cells hmm confused dunno

Tubercules are the dead bacteria and macrophages right
Reply 274

so was wondering, because I thought they can stay dormant inside tubercules. :s-smilie:

This is active Tuberculosis,
Reply 275
Does anyone have/ or know where I can get, the mark scheme for January 2011 please?
Reply 276
There is a question that asks ''How is TB caused?''

and the MS says as one of the points, ''bacteria live / reproduce / active inside cells''

Yeah they can survive and breed inside whilst remaining dormant.
Reply 277
Competition between bracken and heather occurs mainly on moorland and heath, which exists as habitats because of sheep grazing.

Describe what you think might happen in areas of moorland and heath if sheep were removed. (4)
hey people PLEASE HELP!!does any one have topic 6 end topic-test dynamic learning !!!
Original post by darkiee
This is active Tuberculosis,

I thought in active TB, the bacteria start destroying lung tissue. If they are dormant, how can they be active? :s-smilie:

Yeah they can survive and breed inside whilst remaining dormant.

Ok cool thank you. :smile:

EDIT: So if they ask you a question on how TB bacteria survive in the human body for a number of years, what would you say?

Original post by lbavfc
Does anyone have/ or know where I can get, the mark scheme for January 2011 please?

Page 8 near the bottom.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending