Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please explain nerve impulses to me? At the beginning of topic 8 !

thank you - the book gives me a headache and we havent covered it fully in class

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGotAQuestion)
    Can anyone please explain nerve impulses to me? At the beginning of topic 8 !

thank you - the book gives me a headache and we havent covered it fully in class
    You need to post this question in the A2 Biology Unit 5 section.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schoolio93)
    You need to post this question in the A2 Biology Unit 5 section.
    yes u r ture why do u post in unit 4 section ??

ReputationRep:
    dw its sorted

ReputationRep:
    *Joins this thread* :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blush.ox)
    *Joins this thread* :sigh:
    Welcome

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing it?
    from what book are you all revising?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing it - finding this the most boring unit so far - so hard to motivate myself to revise for it, much prefer unit 5! Memorising the CGP book got me an A at AS so hoping the same stategy works for A2!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JP83)
    I'm doing it - finding this the most boring unit so far - so hard to motivate myself to revise for it, much prefer unit 5! Memorising the CGP book got me an A at AS so hoping the same stategy works for A2!
    literally what im doing this time round, hope it works :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any notes on the core practicals?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...t=6bio8&page=3

This is a thread for the practical alternative paper (which I am doing) and if u scroll down someone has kindly added links to pdfs for notes on all the core practials which have been a lifesaver for me! They are all from units 4 and 5 so will need to just check which ones are for unit 4

Also the CGP book is good for a summary of the practicals :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JP83)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...t=6bio8&page=3

This is a thread for the practical alternative paper (which I am doing) and if u scroll down someone has kindly added links to pdfs for notes on all the core practials which have been a lifesaver for me! They are all from units 4 and 5 so will need to just check which ones are for unit 4

Also the CGP book is good for a summary of the practicals :-)
    Thanks

Is the CGP book good? I'm thinking of asking my mum to buy it but not too sure on how good it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?)
    Thanks

Is the CGP book good? I'm thinking of asking my mum to buy it but not too sure on how good it is.
    yes its very good and simplifies bio to a great extent for people like me :ninja:.

ReputationRep:
    CGP book? which one is it? ru talking about the revision guide???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M Kh)
    CGP book? which one is it? ru talking about the revision guide???
    :yep: CGP rev guide, the green one

ReputationRep:
    the green and purple EDEXCEL A2 BIOLOGY REVISION GUIDE for SNAB and concept-led approach or the green EDEXCEL A2 BIOLOGY STUDENT'S BOOK?? and what do u mean by CGP?

ReputationRep:
    The CGP book is a revision book - it is dark green and simply says A2-level biology edexcel - the revision guide on the front.

It follows the specification to the letter so if you are working your way through the spec in order to make sure you cover everything, the CGP book organises they key points of each spec point clearly in nice boxes and bullet points of the main facts. Its a really well designed book and well worth getting. (the AS one is useful too for a quick recap of AS stuff you may have forgotten too!)

ReputationRep:
    hey could some one plz tell me the procedure of this Edexcel A2 Biology core practical --- HOW TO INVESTIGATE THE EFFECT OF TEMPERATURE ON SEEDLING GROWTH RATE? u guyz must be studying in a scool so ur teachers must have taught u this....plz help guyz...

ReputationRep:
    hi, i'm not studying in school i'm self studying too but the basic outline of the experiment is:

Investigating the effects of temperature on seedling growth rate

•Plant some seedlings in soil trays and measure the height of each seedling

•Put the trays in incubators at different temperatures

•Make sure all other variables are the same (e.g. water content of soil, light intensity, CO2 concentration, seeds from same plant etc) for each tray

•After a period of incubation record the change in height of each seedling. The average growth rate in each tray can be calculated in the following way:

AVERAGE CHANGE IN SEEDLING HEIGHT IN EACH TRAY/INCUBATION PERIOD

Repeat to get average mean for each temperature
    Plot a graph etc

Up to a point, the seedling growth should increase as enzyme activity increases hence metabolic rate and growth rate increases

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    Can we discuss the core practicals and write notes for all of them??

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.