Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maria1234)
    outline 2ways in which the bacteria may contribute to the changing concentraiton on c02 in atm?
    1) releases CO2 when it respires
    2) breaks down organic matter in dead organisms/excretory wastes and this too releases C)2 into the atmosphere

ReputationRep:
    Goodluck everyone, I am going to school to revise, I would be on later on to wish you luck and check how revision is going

ReputationRep:
    hey guys .. who solved january 2011? isnt it hard... ? i examined it and i got a C! thats y am resitting... hw did u find it? nd hw r ur last preparations

ReputationRep:
    What could be the things that we might need to know from the previous units? Besides Cellulose and plant tissues?

ReputationRep:
    @ hibz ..Umm Structure 0f Starch mayb .. Plus go thru Ecosystem part once

And i repeat my words lol ...'' Let's all Smash this ppr!'' xD

ReputationRep:
    Do we lose marks for writing in bullet points??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abuelzouz)
    hey guys .. who solved january 2011? isnt it hard... ? i examined it and i got a C! thats y am resitting... hw did u find it? nd hw r ur last preparations
    its harder than the rest, i got a mid B when i did it last night if i get that today then im on course for an A overall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lw:))
    nope, unless its for the questions with the * next to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrozzi)
    okay thanks

ReputationRep:
    i'm freaking out! and i'm sooo tired :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mooniibuggy)
    i'm freaking out! and i'm sooo tired :/
    same

ReputationRep:
    what is convergense and divergense?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone :woo:

Nobody panic xD

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please bullet points the stages of primary succession and secondary succession and the differences therein. This will be good revision as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imaam)
    Can someone please bullet points the stages of primary succession and secondary succession and the differences therein. This will be good revision as well
    I've uploading my notes hope they might help - they're seperate pics so it might be difficult to read

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lw:))

(Original post by mrozzi)
    In Physics, we have QWC questions too. At my school, we have a teacher who works for Edexcel and actually wrote one of the GCSE Physics papers used this year.

Near the end of the year, we did work on Exam Technique with this teacher every lesson and one thing he pointed out is that most markers would rather you use bullet points. QWC is more about how you construct your point and your spelling of keywords - not about how much you write.

Just be sure you use proper terminology in QWC questions and you should be fine. I use bullet points because I can write more, meaning instead of going for 5 marks in a 4 mark question, I can have a go at 8 or so.

Example would be if they ask you to outline an experiment on photosynthesis. If there's no QWC, you could just write about CO2 and to keep it constant. With QWC, you'd have to say "limiting factors such as CO2". You need to be blunt and incredibly descriptive at the same time.

Who knows if you'll have read this essay before the exam, but if you do, I hope it helps and best of luck - that goes for everyone!

ReputationRep:
    brine shrimp expirement any one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mooniibuggy)
    I've uploading my notes hope they might help - they're seperate pics so it might be difficult to read

Thank you! Just bear in mind that a defelected succession is also called a plagioclimax.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imaam)
    Thank you! Just bear in mind that a defelected succession is also called a plagioclimax.
    Wow, thanks

ReputationRep:
    not long now... too scared to do another paper... just look over my notes again and again instead, best I can do... isn't really enough time for me to do another paper, mark it and go over my mistakes as well as have lunch... I'd rather relax until the exam now... first exam for me... bricking it! need a really good A tbh :/ x

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.