Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I thought yesterday's paper was worse than the one in Jan...The questions didn't ask anything too in depth on what's we've learnt and poor paper overall. When I flipped the page and saw the question on protein and Actin/Myosin made an appearance in the paper, I thought I got given the wrong paper xD I said that globular proteins are affected by temperature?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkiee)
    I put sea plantain becuase the further you are from the equator, the colder it gets and for sea plaintain at this temperature at each day, it mean dry mass always increased and i quoted some data from the table

I mentioned as a percentage, graphs, statistical test

I could do the diffrence only 2 marks, I put fibrous protein relax and contract whereas globular (enzyme) speed up rate of reaction
    This ^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harcoreage)
    This ^
    dammit

do they give you any marks for using data/justifying your answer even if the answer is wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)
    dammit

do they give you any marks for using data/justifying your answer even if the answer is wrong?
    i think they should. I hope they do. At least you attempted it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkiee)
    I put sea plantain becuase the further you are from the equator, the colder it gets and for sea plaintain at this temperature at each day, it mean dry mass always increased and i quoted some data from the table

I mentioned as a percentage, graphs, statistical test

I could do the diffrence only 2 marks, I put fibrous protein relax and contract whereas globular (enzyme) speed up rate of reaction
    I put that but not sure if it was right.

because the difference in growth (proportionally) between 10 degrees and 20 or whatever it was, was less than the difference in growth for the other plant between 10 and 20. ie on average there was less variation so i thought it grew better across range of temps. probs wrong though
    But i don't get why this would matter. The smartest people in my year put that too, and my mum agreed with them as well, but the other one was like 5 times more mass, so it wouldn't matter what the variation is coz the difference between the two plants was massive.

dammit

unfortunately they don't. you might get the 1 mark that was data manipulation, but not for explanation if you got it wrong.

ReputationRep:
    dammit

It may not be right but it's just what I put....

And yes, almost certainly marks will be awarded for data manipulation and justification.

ReputationRep:
    This ^
    Oh it's obvious now that you've said it...Fingers crossed the grade boundaries are as low as Jan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?)
    I put that but not sure if it was right.

But i don't get why this would matter. The smartest people in my year put that too, and my mum agreed with them as well, but the other one was like 5 times more mass, so it wouldn't matter what the variation is coz the difference between the two plants was massive.

unfortunately they don't. you might get the 1 mark that was data manipulation, but not for explanation if you got it wrong.
    because the raw mass doesnt matter as they are different species, its about which one grows relatively better. thats the way i saw it, but anyone could be wrong

ReputationRep:
    because the raw mass doesnt matter as they are different species, its about which one grows relatively better. thats the way i saw it, but anyone could be wrong
    If I had to choose sides, I reckon you are right. I kinda see what you mean. I think i misinterpreted the question as a competition between the two species.

ReputationRep:
    The six marks on global warming were apparently to test your ability to cite rising co2 levels as increasing the greenhouse effect and then you were supposed to comment on other sources of co2 other than fossil fuels e.g. deforestation and carbon sinks and also recognise high co2 levels in the past when fossil fuels couldn't be the source e.g. ice cores and pollen grains showing it is a natural cycle. Anyway that's what my teacher said. And the plant one was bog sedge as it wasn't to do with the amount of dry mass it was a comparison between how well they adapted to temperature in other words the plant that showed the smallest percentage difference.

Hope that helps

Em x

ReputationRep:
    They were not nice about the scientist disagreements question about fossil fuel, That was a lot of 6 marks to lose I think i can get 2/6 just 2 hurt my feelings

ReputationRep:
    oh god reading all this makes you feelworseknowing youve put some wrong answers down!!! aaaaaaaaargh!

ReputationRep:
    Yeahh Like Every1n Q7 suckd da most tym!

Btw what was up wd all doze Wavelenghts ehh? :/

Did manage to complete the ppr aftr scribbling thru last 2 Q!

And abt the Fossil Fuels Q wht did y'all ryt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bashx)
    oh god reading all this makes you feelworseknowing youve put some wrong answers down!!! aaaaaaaaargh!
    Don't feel too bad, no one knows what's on the mark scheme...Fingers crossed for results day =]

ReputationRep:
    On a side note away from the antibiotic, light wavelength and plantain/algae madness...

What did everyone else get for the smaller questions as they are probably easier to remember and together we can all conjure up a definitive answer...

I'll start..

Opened the booklet, first one I believe I put PMAT
    The maths question was a 38 or 32 point something decrease. However I orgininally had 60 something and then saw light and knew it couldnt have been that high.

Also directly below that question they had a target to meet, I put that they were going to meet the target by 0.04773 or whatever it was.

Other answers include xylem, mitosis and.... I'll try and think of some more Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Succession was for one duhh
    Then ribosomes, 60 Amino Acids ...

And i did 'Drugs' for rigor mortis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samia99)

I totally agree with the top two, think I may have put muscle contraction for the bottom one :/

ReputationRep:
    On a side note away from the antibiotic, light wavelength and plantain/algae madness...

What did everyone else get for the smaller questions as they are probably easier to remember and together we can all conjure up a definitive answer...

I'll start..

The maths question was a 38 or 32 point something decrease. However I orgininally had 60 something and then saw light and knew it couldnt have been that high.

Also directly below that question they had a target to meet, I put that they were going to meet the target by 0.04773 or whatever it was.

Other answers include xylem, mitosis and.... I'll try and think of some more Anyone?
    for the target question i said they could meet the target as previously there is an average drop of 9% per 2 years or something. but then i said when extrapolating you have to look at best/worse case, and it may not be 100% sure etc

and i put muscle decomp for rigor mortis. that cant be right though lookin back at it

ReputationRep:

I'll start..

(Original post by Samia99)

for amino acids 20 right nucleotides.

and what was the mathemitical Qs.

ReputationRep:
    All I can say is FML

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.