Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?)
    i put that
    OMg! *SIGHHH*

haha! i'm not da only 1 yay! xD:p:p

ReputationRep:
    The whole exam was stupid - i thought I got given an AS paper when I was reading about freaking meiosis!!!

WHOEVER SAID TIMING IS 100% RIGHT!

I was sooo under pressure to finish it that I went all red and developed a migraine :/

ReputationRep:
    someon ecrate the page in Facebook please. and post link

ReputationRep:
    what were the grade boundaries for jan 2011??

THat was the worst paper i'v done...the questions were soo vague!!!!!

Btw...what did you all put down for the gel electrophoresis...?? and the DNA question before that...??

Also, do you know the meitosis questiion at the beginning was the answer A or B..? Because I put A but I cant remember whether its started with prophase or anaphase...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mooniibuggy)
    did it ask specifically for abiotic factors?

I put temperature of the surroundings and physical activity before death
    Sorry dude but the Q mentiond abiotic factors only!

ReputationRep:
    What sort of things did you put on the rigor mortis in rat muscles qu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)
    why not, it cant hurt. someone do it

LOL you doo it...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samia99)
    Am i going crazy or are they both abiotic?

ReputationRep:
    so does immersed in water count..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Assrarri)
    so does immersed in water count..?
    Lol yeah i gues!

ReputationRep:
    Not all globular proteins are enzymes though, eg haemoglobin
    I thought this exam was horrible, even the multiple choice questions were harder than usual haha! Completely messed up the scientist question, I said something about some scientists maybe being funded by oil companies so they might be biased... I also wrote some other stuff but I can't really remember
    And what did everyone put for the two environmental factors affecting rigor mortis? The only one I could think of was temperature, I looked in the text book and that was the only one they mentioned, the only other factors they mentioned was about how much ATP is present in the body at TOD but that's not environmental so I didnt put that..?? Hate edexcel.

ReputationRep:
    where's the FB page?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?)
    This.
    Ditto. ****. Think the grade boundaries will be 50-54 for an A and 54-58 for an A*. I'm not having this, edexcel just screwed me over big time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by examkracker)
    What sort of things did you put on the rigor mortis in rat muscles qu?
    Leg nd jaw one lol ... Umm just wrote abt hw rigor mortis occurs at diff rates for diff muscles nd 4 a reliable estimate scientist needs to take in2 count rate of rigor mortis for diff muscles

That was my conclusion b4 dat i just wrote abt diff in rigor mortis btw the two muscles .. Comapring values from graf .. shld have more dan dat .. but i knew i din have dat much tym!

I NEVR have problms wd Time .. bt this ppr blew me Off!
    But atleast i Managd to Finish

Ignoring the Wavelenth Q ... yu guys remebr where yu guys tickd?
    I read the Q thrice [yes i left that Q for da last ] and i still din gt it! My mind was racing! lol

So i just did Random ticks .. nd in the Suggest Q ... just wrote abt the data given /... ARGH!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurabon)
    Not all globular proteins are enzymes though, eg haemoglobin
    I thought this exam was horrible, even the multiple choice questions were harder than usual haha! Completely messed up the scientist question, I said something about some scientists maybe being funded by oil companies so they might be biased... I also wrote some other stuff but I can't really remember
    And what did everyone put for the two environmental factors affecting rigor mortis? The only one I could think of was temperature, I looked in the text book and that was the only one they mentioned, the only other factors they mentioned was about how much ATP is present in the body at TOD but that's not environmental so I didnt put that..?? Hate edexcel.
    Same here the 0il company point lol

And yea i HATE edexcel too!
    Can't w8 for 27nth june! My last ppr! xDXD

ReputationRep:
    what did you all say for the question with the leg and jaw rigor mortis graph and why pathologists would need to look at more muscles - thought that was pretty obvious but definitely hard to write about that for 4 marks!

does any one happen to have the question paper? if anyone see's it around on the net please post it - the timings for the paper were terrible so I didn't get any time to check and would like a refresher to see what bullish answers I may have written!

ReputationRep:
    Same here the 0il company point lol

And yea i HATE edexcel too!
    Can't w8 for 27nth june! My last ppr! xDXD
    Yeah I really hope it's in the mark scheme!
    Unit 5 better be nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mooniibuggy)
    did it ask specifically for abiotic factors?

I put temperature of the surroundings and physical activity before death
    nono you know the question before that, the multiple choice - it gave you:
    - effect of drugs on the body
    - o2 conc in surroundings
    - decomposition of muscle
    - *some other one i cant remember*

ReputationRep:
    Was just Wondering whthr i WAS the ONLY candidate who actually wrote abt the Oil-funding companies Bribing the scientists lol!!! So they'd say Fossil Fuels dnt affect Temp
    As these Companies need fuels lol

Hahah i ran 0ut 0f points!
    It was 6 marks nd aftr writing abt all the C02 and Defoestation nd blah blah this was wht i came up wd nd it was mentiond in the Guide too! :/:/ -_____-
    LOOOOL. I said that too. That scientists may work for oil companies so would say it doesn't so they don't lose business.
    I also talked about cows producing methane, so that will also cause global warming. I forget the third point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medtobe)
    did you do the unit 4s in jan? if so what did you get?
    nope i didn't give unit 4 before i have it tomorrow

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.