Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harcoreage)
    There was a question where you had to label the chloroplast for the LDR.

I labeled the Thylakoid membrane and thylakoid space

Granum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mooniibuggy)
    what did everyone write about the first question about how you can present the data?
    said line graph to show the changes in mean dry mass at different temperatures over the 50 days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mooniibuggy)
    what did everyone write about the first question about how you can present the data?
    I think I put scatter graph and explained it in a plausible manner. But I reckon it's probably bar chart on hindsight :| there were graphs in jan 2011 similar to the one they described...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnamoore)
    Granum?
    even worse. i miss out that question i think

ReputationRep:
    said line graph to show the changes in mean dry mass at different temperatures over the 50 days

yeah i said line graph.. is that the same as scatter graph? lol

ReputationRep:

I wrote that too! and I actually drew it out lol and labelled the axis and put the title

(Original post by awlright)
    I think I put scatter graph and explained it in a plausible manner. But I reckon it's probably bar chart on hindsight :| there were graphs in jan 2011 similar to the one they described...
    yeah some of my friends wrote bar chart and something about standard deviation ;/ I hope they accept multiple answers because i'm sure there's more than one way to present that data...

ReputationRep:
    could argon-potassium (or something) dating be used as evidence for global warming?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilynda)
    even worse. i miss out that question i think
    Hey what did you write for the question which stated whether the govt will be able to meet their target for the prescription of antibiotics?

ReputationRep:
    hated this paper, couldnt answer loads of the questions for the marks they wanted. and where was PCR??? and only 3 marks for gel electrophoresis!

liked the seaweed one though - i did my coursework investigation on seaweed and never thought id use that random information again... haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minathaika)
    Hey what did you write for the question which stated whether the govt will be able to meet their target for the prescription of antibiotics?
    yes.
    -if they can treat influenza
    -the trend continues
    -vaccine developed

ReputationRep:
    the MOST HIDEOUS PAPER EVER!!
    Well, as for now, I'm going unsubscribe myself from this thread and try to do my best for unit 5. I swear if unit 5 is good enough, there should be a protest or something, this stupid, idiotic exam is going to make everyone miss their uni offers >.<
    Even Jan 11 I think was better in the slightest. All this paper was about was plants plants plants, bloody obsessed with plants and especially cellulose and xylem -- that you see everywhere! They might as well have put some plant-type border on the pages. Ughh, so frustrating! It's like this exam is some sort of lottery, if you get lucky then jackpot, but we just work so hard for no reason.

[/rant]

Guys, I don't think we should obsess of the answers and just get on with the rest of our exams
    Goodluck everyone xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleanor12)
    hated this paper, couldnt answer loads of the questions for the marks they wanted. and where was PCR??? and only 3 marks for gel electrophoresis!

liked the seaweed one though - i did my coursework investigation on seaweed and never thought id use that random information again... haha

can u explain how u answer the seaweed question.
    oh my..i like 2 eat seaweed but ihate it now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilynda)
    yes.
    -if they can treat influenza
    -the trend continues
    -vaccine developed
    I wrote that it could decrease if it mutates, therefore they will need to prescribe many antibiotics to find the right one

does that make any sense? will I atleast get 1?

ReputationRep:
    Biology students who sat the OCR paper yesterday also hated their exam, they've made a facebook page and it already has over 3000 people! and the majority of them have written in complaints...
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Stu...25705074124228

I say we do the same. Why should we have to put up with not being able to do our best just because of the exam board? its not fair and it will cause a lot of us to lose our uni places. I have no idea how to make a group on facebook haha, someone needs to make a group and we need to complain about it! otherwise nothing will be done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    [COLOR=&quot;Red&quot;]Discussion of edexcel exams is not permitted until midnight for morning exams and 4.30am for afternoon exams. Please read the announcement for more details[/COLOR]
    sorry i was unaware
    newbie , will not do so from next time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibbyU)
    Biology students who sat the OCR paper yesterday also hated their exam, they've made a facebook page and it already has over 3000 people! and the majority of them have written in complaints...
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Stu...25705074124228

I say we do the same. Why should we have to put up with not being able to do our best just because of the exam board? its not fair and it will cause a lot of us to lose our uni places. I have no idea how to make a group on facebook haha, someone needs to make a group and we need to complain about it! otherwise nothing will be done
    i want to, but i think theres was much much worse, and had some straight up retarded questions. our one had some stupid **** but thats to be expected of bio papers in general

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8482880.stm
    Even though this is from January 2010, but people are trying to catch as much attention now!

ReputationRep:
    For the question where environmental factors that affect the rate of rigor mortis, I wrote:
    1) temperature of surroundings - because obviously if the temperature is higher then the chemical reactions in the body will happen faster so it will increase the rate of rigor mortis
    2) oxygen availability - because if there is a lack of oxygen then the anaerobic respiration in muscle cells will happen faster which means the rate of rigor mortis will faster

Is this right?

I know I totally lost marks on the difference between the globular/actin mysoin protein question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phenylethylamine_)
    For the question where environmental factors that affect the rate of rigor mortis, I wrote:
    1) temperature of surroundings - because obviously if the temperature is higher then the chemical reactions in the body will happen faster so it will increase the rate of rigor mortis
    2) oxygen availability - because if there is a lack of oxygen then the anaerobic respiration in muscle cells will happen faster which means the rate of rigor mortis will faster

Is this right?

I know I totally lost marks on the difference between the globular/actin mysoin protein question
    hey i wrote about humidity !! is it wrong >

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dush_2)
    hey i wrote about humidity !! is it wrong >
    me too

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 8, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.