Turn on thread page Beta

Will life only get harder for this generation? watch

ReputationRep:
    Its 2011, and things here just seem to be getting harder by the day (UK), around and world n'all..(looks like theres going to be a world war 3, pft :|)

Im in my first year of 6 form, and it scares me that this time next year I need to have a plan, a fixed plan and a fixed uni.. But im worried about the debt ill be in after! In fact i want to move to italy, i dont even want to stay here.. but thats my personal issues..
    im very laid back, but the way things are going.. will things get worse? Or do you think everything will clear up soon..? It seems problems are increasing every day, and well lets just say the news makes me slightly depressed.

what are your predictions?

ReputationRep:
    Clearly.

The developed world will have a whole lot more old people to look after for one thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherrycheeks8-))
    Its 2011, and things here just seem to be getting harder by the day (UK), around and world n'all..(looks like theres going to be a world war 3, pft :|)

Im in my first year of 6 form, and it scares me that this time next year I need to have a plan, a fixed plan and a fixed uni.. But im worried about the debt ill be in after! In fact i want to move to italy, i dont even want to stay here.. but thats my personal issues..
    im very laid back, but the way things are going.. will things get worse? Or do you think everything will clear up soon..? It seems problems are increasing every day, and well lets just say the news makes me slightly depressed.

Your debt could be written-off before you know it.

ReputationRep:
    I think so. The explosive growth in economic prosperity of the last generation was based essentially on borrowing from the future. The next generation will be heavily debt laden, and resource poor. In a sense, it has been immoral to be so irresponsible with debt and exploitation of natural resources, not to mention ****ing up the environment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    I think so. The explosive growth in economic prosperity of the last generation was based essentially on borrowing from the future. The next generation will be heavily debt laden, and resource poor. In a sense, it has been immoral to be so irresponsible with debt and exploitation of natural resources, not to mention ****ing up the environment.
    Absolutely. I hate these people from the older generation who take the moral high ground. I think the post war generation is suffering from a collective sense of self-disgust about not being as good as their forebears. They have done a lot wrong for the country, now they are gutted that things like the class sytem are slowly dissappearing, good, glad they are pissed off and not so complacent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    Clearly.

The developed world will have a whole lot more old people to look after for one thing.
    Well, that's a good thing for young people. Just think of countries with 80% of the people are aged 20 or under, or some excess like that.

ReputationRep:
    I think life is easy, or should be.

ReputationRep:
    Nevermind. If it gets too hard we can just jump off of a tower block.

Comforting, in a way.

ReputationRep:
    Yep it will.
    We have huge tuition fees (when the people introducing them paid zero).
    We will have to work for a lot longer (higher pension age).
    We will face increased instability from the middle east (IMO).
    We will face energy problems (either it running out totally, or depending on sources from unstable countries).
    We will face increase competition from China, India and other developing nations.

ReputationRep:
    i will always hate the older generation for how they wrecked us. imho we shouldnt provide for them and let them rot like the selfish asses they are.

ReputationRep:
    mfw a british, presumably middle class, teenager thinks life is hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherrycheeks8-))

Yup, I can only see unemplyment getting higher, especially amongst the yuth, especially with rising inflation. With respect to uni , its almost a matter of 'damned if you go, damned if you don't.' I mean there is a big disparaity between graduates and graduate vacancies, which suggests it maynt be a great idea to go to uni unless you're doing something like medicine or maths etc. However, its even harder to get a job if you go int labour market straight after school.

ReputationRep:
    Rubbish. Without fail, life gets easier for every generation than the one before.

Wtf at these spoilt little ****s putting down their playstation controllers for thirty seconds to complain how lucky their grandparents were to actually get to shoot Nazis in real life rather than just on COD. Go **** yourselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR BOGGINGS)
    Well, that's a good thing for young people. Just think of countries with 80% of the people are aged 20 or under, or some excess like that.
    Having a country where 80% of the people are retirement age is not any better.

ReputationRep:
    I think that it will become a case of "them" and "us"

so similar to the middle east....

where you are either rich and comfortable.....

or poor/just getting by.....

and the middle ground will sort of disappear/move upwards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    mfw a british, presumably middle class, teenager thinks life is hard.
    Life is relative, get over it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, let's just all give up now. I think not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Yep it will.
    We have huge tuition fees (when the people introducing them paid zero).
    We will have to work for a lot longer (higher pension age).
    We will face increased instability from the middle east (IMO).
    We will face energy problems (either it running out totally, or depending on sources from unstable countries).
    We will face increase competition from China, India and other developing nations.
    You forgot the fact that most new jobs get between 10 and 200 applicants per place nowadays, imagine what it'll be like in the future.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.