Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voices1)
    hows article revision???
    not the best thing in the world tbh!

ReputationRep:
    i think im going to die in the exam!

ReputationRep:
    does anybody have june 2010 mark scheme please???

ReputationRep:
    this page doesnt work for me, as in it wont open

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkoki1993)
    Notes for topic 8 done...
    The layout of it is a bit messed up because my laptop broke so had to use my brother's netbook... long story short, the netbook is too small for me to see the layout of notes properly.
    anyhoo here they are
    http://www.4shared.com/document/rYvY...-_Topic_8.html
    i cant believe im relying on you, but thank u soo much, are u not worried by sharing ur notes everyones mark will go up, aswell as the boundries making it harder for you to get a high grade (but eitherway thanks for ur generosity)

ReputationRep:
    learn this and you should ace the article.http://www.scribd.com/doc/54265374/Q...icle-June-2011
    I cannot open the link

ReputationRep:
    learn this and you should ace the article.http://www.scribd.com/doc/54265374/Q...icle-June-2011
    thankyou soooooooooooooooo much, i hope u do amazinngllly in ur exam!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsyChris)
    i cant believe im relying on you, but thank u soo much, are u not worried by sharing ur notes everyones mark will go up, aswell as the boundries making it harder for you to get a high grade (but eitherway thanks for ur generosity)
    Lol I thought about that then decided God would love me better if I shared with people so would get the examiner drunk while marking my paper. So he/she doesn't notice my lack of knowledge. Thus, giving me a higher grade than I deserve.

ReputationRep:
    A2_BIOLOGY_CORE_PRACTICAL_SUMMARY[1].pdf

6BI05 Jan 2011.PDF

6BI05 June 2010.PDF

6BI05 MS Jan 2011.PDF

6BI05 MS June 2010.PDF

hope these help

ReputationRep:
    are you learning names of scientists, drug companies of the article????

ReputationRep:
    seriously?

ReputationRep:
    Why would you do that? They give you it anyway.

You'd be much better of learning the topics covered in the article.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkoki1993)
    Notes for topic 8 done...
    The layout of it is a bit messed up because my laptop broke so had to use my brother's netbook... long story short, the netbook is too small for me to see the layout of notes properly.
    anyhoo here they are
    http://www.4shared.com/document/rYvY...-_Topic_8.html
    Thanks for the notes +repped

ReputationRep:
    1.How will the temperature regulation mechanism differ for a person infected with TB?(assume that his body temp. increases and now he has to conserve heat)
    ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?)
    Why would you do that? They give you it anyway.

You'd be much better of learning the topics covered in the article.
    well i guess it is much easier knowing who has made what.
    i have pretty much covered key concepts and revised almost 25 possible questions
    main aspect
    gene therapy- how it works
    associated vectors
    how immune sytem may destry them
    IGF-1, how different isoforms are created, what it is, how it is made, uses, cons of gene therapy
    detection of gene therapy
    atrophy, dystrophy, how it is caused-UPP and u ligase enzyme
    the heart, how impluse generated, muatioon og enr1 gene- potassium channels, QT syndrome
    blocking of erg1 reduces atrophy stimulates qt sydro

how transcription factors being used like foxo
    rna interference

why nasa interested in dealing with atrophy
    superbaby-muscle growht inhibotr myostatin- what is myostatin- how it prevents mucle gwrowth...
    these partly the key aspects

your thoughts

ReputationRep:
    ARTICLE ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1.What are the hopes and intentions scientists are trying to go through in establishing a correct use of anti wasting drugs and their manufacture?
    ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH IT....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phetylheminthes)
    1.How will the temperature regulation mechanism differ for a person infected with TB?(assume that his body temp. increases and now he has to conserve heat)
    ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED....
    TB is an infectious pathogen that resets the norm value in the hypothalamus through chemical signals like prostaglandins and leukotrines. It RAISES the norm value and thus the body's negative feedback mechanism now ensures that the body temperature is maintained within narrow limits around the new norm value.... the body temperature is raised, therefore

ReputationRep:
    hey, i saw someone say tht there was a mistake in the article in chapter 2(secret weapon) para 6, "in a 1998 trial that used AAVs to deliver epo gene to two." its two baboons actually x]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phetylheminthes)
    ARTICLE ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1.What are the hopes and intentions scientists are trying to go through in establishing a correct use of anti wasting drugs and their manufacture?
    ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH IT....
    -> Treat conditions like muscular dystrophy
    -> Use gene therapy in a SAFE manner, so that the gene can be switched on and off when required; this is better than injecting urself with the proteins on a daily basis
    -> NASA funds research because it will help with space exploration - preventing atrophy in space due to microgravity
    -> they hope that it will not be misused by athletes, yeah right....
    -> patients who would be confined to bed rest for ages, or patients who need to be weaned off respirators will benefit

etc

ReputationRep:
    well i guess it is much easier knowing who has made what.
    i have pretty much covered key concepts and revised almost 25 possible questions
    main aspect
    gene therapy- how it works
    associated vectors
    how immune sytem may destry them
    IGF-1, how different isoforms are created, what it is, how it is made, uses, cons of gene therapy
    detection of gene therapy
    atrophy, dystrophy, how it is caused-UPP and u ligase enzyme
    the heart, how impluse generated, muatioon og enr1 gene- potassium channels, QT syndrome
    blocking of erg1 reduces atrophy stimulates qt sydro

how transcription factors being used like foxo
    rna interference

why nasa interested in dealing with atrophy
    superbaby-muscle growht inhibotr myostatin- what is myostatin- how it prevents mucle gwrowth...
    these partly the key aspects

your thoughts
    yeah I'm thinking along the lines of what you've written. maybe even cystic fibrosis, transcription, translation and how mutations affect proteins and ethics.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.