Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gildartz)
    I thought the normal EPO receptor was responsible for shutting down EPO production once Oxygen levels become normal. So wouldn't his mutation have caused the receptor to not be formed/incorrectly formed so EPO production continues past normal oxygen levels?
    Yes that is how i understand it

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone summarise me what we need to know about Pavlov's dogs,becoming conditioned and operant conditioning. Thankss

ReputationRep:
    In anaerobic respiration can ATP be produced from oxidative phosphorylation? cos I thought only glycolysis could occur in these conditions to form pyruvate --> lactate etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yagmurainie)
    Can anyone summarise me what we need to know about Pavlov's dogs,becoming conditioned and operant conditioning. Thankss
    http://nobelprize.org/educational/me.../readmore.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choca Mocha)
    In anaerobic respiration can ATP be produced from oxidative phosphorylation? cos I thought only glycolysis could occur in these conditions to form pyruvate --> lactate etc...
    Anaerobic respiration leads to the production of ATP via subsrate level phosophorylation of ADP to ATP ... not oxidative phosphorylation

ReputationRep:
    In anaerobic respiration, oxidative phosphorylation cannot take place as oxygen is not available to be the terminal acceptors. All the electron acceptors are saturated this mean that NAD and FAD cannot be regenerated

ReputationRep:
    What is subsrate level phosophorylation ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkoki1993)
    In anaerobic respiration, oxidative phosphorylation cannot take place as oxygen is not available to be the terminal acceptors. All the electron acceptors are saturated this mean that NAD and FAD cannot be regenerated
    Thanks, that's what I thought but the Jan 2011 mark scheme says otherwise...:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got notes for the four core practicals? I know this is quite cheeky to ask, but would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voices1)
    Where the energy for the synthesis of ATP comes from the substrate themselves )in layman's terms)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, that's what I thought but the Jan 2011 mark scheme says otherwise...:confused:
    Are talking about question 4? If yes here it is
    Fast twitch muscles are able to respite anaerobically but they can also respire aerobically. A small amount of aerobic respiration is still able to take place in the mitochondria with the little oxygen available.

ReputationRep:
    what is subsrate level phosophorylation ?
    A dIRECT TRANSFER OF A PHOSPHATE GROUP FROM AN INTERMIDIATE COMPOUND TO ADP

ReputationRep:
    You have to appreciate the context of the question.... Tkoki posted the explanation above

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkoki1993)
    Are talking about question 4? If yes here it is
    Fast twitch muscles are able to respite anaerobically but they can also respire aerobically. A small amount of aerobic respiration is still able to take place in the mitochondria with the little oxygen available.
    right ok, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemdweeb1234)
    You have to appreciate the context of the question.... Tkoki posted the explanation above
    I have now appreciated the context of the question.

ReputationRep:
    The direct transfer of a phosphate group from one molecule to another. In the case of the Krebs cycle, the phosphate group is transferred from the 5 carbon compound intermediate to the ADP molecule to form ATP.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I just want to watch the tennis, but need to carry on revising!

ReputationRep:
    I am so nervous about tomorrow! How have you revised for synoptic stuff? Is reading the AS revision guide enough do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Very worried about the exam considering I've done barely anything on the article and revised hardly any synoptic areas.

What synoptic things e.g. from other units, AS etc have people revised?
    I've only revised atherosclerosis and enzyme substrate complex just need someone to put me in the right direction and give me some ideas as to what synoptic areas would be good to revise?

ReputationRep:
    If you glance back to page 49 or 50, a very kind person posted a link to notes on the article and what to revise. Good luck!

JP

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.