Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)
    i think he means compared to unit 5 jan
    Yeah I know. But he was also talking about unit 5 june. Which I compared to unit 4. Well I'm shocked I didn't straight up fail unit 5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)
    obtw did anyone write venous return/ stroke volume for the other way in which blood can increase other than heart rate?
    Yeah, I put stroke volume. Originally, I was going to put temperature, but that seemed way too generic. But then I had an epiphany during the exam and all the keen terminology and ideas came flooding back and it was epic.

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think the grade boundaries will be?

ReputationRep:
    Whats with this two motor neurones thing?

Did i miss something in the exam?

Was this for the habituation one? There was only ONE motor neurone surely, it was like Skin -> Sensory -> Relay - > Motor -> Gill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parthenon93)
    What does everyone think the grade boundaries will be?
    Relatively easy paper. Probably will be the same as usual or even higher...im thinking like 66 for an A* and 60 for A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemdweeb1234)
    Whats with this two motor neurones thing?

Did i miss something in the exam?

Was this for the habituation one? There was only ONE motor neurone surely, it was like Skin -> Sensory -> Relay - > Motor -> Gill
    That's what I thought too.

ReputationRep:
    Why does reactions of benzene take place at anhydrous conditions?

ReputationRep:
    wrong threadd aarrgghhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VetApplicant2011)
    I said he sprinted for the last 40 minutes and the negative feedback mechansism couldnt keep up ahah *facepalm*
    I said he'd run out of water to sweat away LOL

ReputationRep:
    Okay, seems like I lost a few marks here and there. I was pretty happy with it after the exam but now I'm not so sure.
    For the question on what can increase heart rate, I WROTE BLOOD PRESSURE -facepalm-
    and for the oxygen uptake, I didn't even realise they were talking about the negative feedback system, I waffled about muscle contracting more, so it needs more oxygen for respiration :/
    Expected to lose some marks on the genetic diagram
    for shutting down epo, I just talked very generally - there are enough red blood cells, epo responsible for production of RBCs so no longer needed. didn't it say WHY it shuts down, not HOW?
    I talked about a macraphage engulfing the virus too, I think that's right though, as long as the t-helper cell binds to the B cell later idk?
    can someone clear that up for me, cause I thought we were producing antibodies? :/ you need the macrophage to activate the t-helper cells?
    all I wrote for spirometer was number of peaks per minute - breathing rate, and the area of a peak AT REST for tidal volume.
    I think I can still scrape an A if the boundary's around 60

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?)
    That's what I thought too.
    I thought it was really obvious too :/ how can you have 2 motor neurones?!

ReputationRep:
    On the bright side, no more biology (Y) :L

ReputationRep:
    ummm guys, did anyone make a unit 5 chemistry thread?
    i cant seem to find it :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizam)
    it's called Edexcel 6CH05

ReputationRep:
    for the habirtuation one
    i wrote
    the vesicle is discharged into the cleft and doesnt have enough time to resynthesize so no neurotransmitter realsed and therefore no action potential on post synaptic membrane
    is that right~?? do you think i will get any marks for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizam)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...320425&page=73

ReputationRep:
    What immune response did we have to describe for the AAV question?
    and did anyone else go on about fluid mosaic when they asked for the structure of the motor neurone?
    AND how many marks would i lose for the last question because i said the mother was homozygous recessive and the father a carrier, so i ended up with 50% chance
    and what was the question about Habituation cos i cant remember it nw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naima100)
    I thought it was really obvious too :/ how can you have 2 motor neurones?!
    Pretty sure it's the sensory neurone that goes from receptors to the relay neurone. Motor neurones have nothing to do with this detecting stimuli.

And then, the motor neurone goes from the relay neurone to the effectors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by you-belong-with-me)
    What immune response did we have to describe for the AAV question?
    and did anyone else go on about fluid mosaic when they asked for the structure of the motor neurone?
    AND how many marks would i lose for the last question because i said the mother was homozygous recessive and the father a carrier, so i ended up with 50% chance
    and what was the question about Habituation cos i cant remember it nw.
    Doesnt the mother have to be a carrier right? and shouldnt he have a homozygous dominant to get the condition or is it a recessive condtion?

If it was recessive i completely effed that up then

ReputationRep:
    The very last question with the genetic diagram was very easy if you thought it through you just have to put Mm Mm for both of the parents and explain how the kid must have mm because the condition that he has is homozygous recessive and whatever the thing is that stops mucscle buildup was the dominant allele.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.